Green Day Quorn Lasagne (with pic)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com. Was really nice and you can add as much veg to it as you want! My husband loved it and he doesn't like Quorn bolognese!

It's a bit of an effort but makes a lot of portions so you can freeze the leftovers.

Serves 6
1 HEX A and 1 HEX B per serving

2 x 350g Quorn mince
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 carrot, grated
1 courgette, grated
5-6 mushrooms, chopped
1 x 700g jar Sainsburys Sugocasa (like passata)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp Splenda
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1.5 tsp dried basil
0.5 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp italian herb seasoning
1 tbsp salt (I used a little less and used garlic salt)
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
12 lasagne sheets
2 x 250g tubs ricotta cheese
1 egg
0.5 tsp salt
56g grated parmesan
168g grated reduced fat cheddar

1) Spray a large pan with Frylight. Saute the onion, garlic, carrot, courgette and mushroom for about 10 mins, until softened.

2) Add the Quorn mince, the tomatoes and the seasoning, and 2 tbsp of the fresh parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 45 mins, stirring occasionally.

3) In a bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, salt and remaining 2 tbsp of parsley.

4) To assemble, spread some of the Quorn mix in the bottom of a lasagne dish. Top with lasagne sheets. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and top with half of the grated cheddar. Spoon Quorn sauce over the cheese and sprinkle with half of the parmesan. Repeat layers.

I ended up using 3 layers of noodles so you can really layer it however you like but end with a layer of Quorn with the rest of the cheddar and parmesan over the top. (I ended it with a noodle layer and cheese on top of that which just ended up with a top layer of cheesy crunchy noodle - but actually it tasted good!)

5) Spray foil with Frylight and cover the dish (or make sure the foil isn't touching the cheese). Bake at 180 for 25 mins, remove foil and bake for another 25 mins.

Attachments

• IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 1,352
Hi stacey, yet again another good recipe and a great picture tp tempt us. I make mine in a similar way but use vlf cottage cheese and blend it with the eggs, some cheese and herbs to make the white sauce.
Made a delicious meatloaf last night, nust take a pic and post the recipe.

Back