Quorn Mince? Advice please

LouBou

Hi, have seen an advert for Quorn Mince - I tried the sausages (years ago) and they were horrible! Is the mince any good? I really like mince - shepards pies, spag bol etc. so don't want to miss out.

Any advice out there please?

I used to make tacos with them. It wasn't that bad if I remember right. And they'll take up the flavour of what you're cooking it with anyway. Obviously it's not as good as beef mince lol.

All Quorn is fine, it just takes a bit of practice to cook it without drying it out :) The mince is probably the easiest form of it to slip into your regular recipes :)

I love the Quorn mince and chicken piece's. They're really easy to cook and have fewer calories than meat. I think it's an excellent replacement, especially when you're trying to lose weight. Thumbs up from me :)

I started using quorn mince when I got into sw and I wouldn't be without it now. The first time I tried it I was a bit ok not great but then the more I used it I actualy now prefer in to proper mince. I use it in spag Bol, lasagne, cottage pie etc. If I'm making a spag Bol I just throw it in my slow cooker with all my veg, passata, tomatoes and a few spoons of beef bovril to give it a beef taste and it comes out lush. Also to save on calories i don't serve it with pasta I just have a bowl of it mixed with philidelphia light with chives and some grated cheese. X

I was nervous about trying it, but I think it went really nice with spag bol. It doesn't taste exactly like beef mince, however once you've had it a few times, you get used to it and don't notice the slight taste change. I found the same with Quorn style chicken pieces, they went really nice in a curry, and again didn't notice the difference too much x

quorn mince is gorgeous, I love regular meat mince but as a low-fat alternative the quorn mince does the job! The texture is a little different but it tastes similar. Mixed in with all the other stuff in chilli or bolognese though, I've found it's hard to even notice a difference. Hope this helps x

I would deffo switch over to Quorn as i used to be veggie anyway but I'm sure my bf would notice the non-meatiness and complain.

Does anyone else have a partner who loves meat but is ok with Quorn??

RedOwl said:
I would deffo switch over to Quorn as i used to be veggie anyway but I'm sure my bf would notice the non-meatiness and complain.

Does anyone else have a partner who loves meat but is ok with Quorn??

That's like mine and he is a very very fussy eater. Don't get me wrong he does prefer mince to the quorn but he will happily eat a meal I've made with the quorn. I find if you put in a bit of liquid bovril it gives it a beefy taste. X

You get used to it and the low fat and lower cals side of it makes it worth the compromise. If you don't like it have you thought of trying turkey or chicken mince instead?

Back