Quorn mince .. on rice?

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
I really want to make something to eat with rice but I have no idea what I can make with the quorn mince as I normally make a tomato sauce with it for pasta which I don't think would be nice with rice.

Just want something easy and nice - any ideas?

Yep, I was going to suggest chilli for it too - it's lovely. The quorn really absorbs the flavours and it makes a nice chilli. Whack some mixed beans in as well for loads of filling fibre.

now stock cubes are free foods too. Add one to the water when you cook the rice, gives it a lovely flavour. I then chuck some frozen peas and sweetcorn into it when it is almost cooked. As for the quorn. Add some passata, cumin, coriandar and chilli powder, with some finely chopped onions and carrots for a nice curry. Served with some fat free yoghurt on top.

I love Quorn mince and Quorn pieces it's so versatile - we have had Quorn pieces stir fry tonight, loads of free stir fry veggies and a pkt of pieces with Sharwoods Black Bean stir fry sauce (5 syns for ½ a jar).

You could put Quorn mince in a stir fry too, makes a lovely filling meal and all free except for your sauce.

Back