Quorn Roast

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by zoe_belfast, 4 August 2009 Social URL.

1. zoe_belfast

zoe_belfast Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Are these superfree no matter how much u eat? can any1 recommend a low syn sauce or something to add flavour? 1st time to try quorn and im not sure if im gonna like it :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. aliflower

aliflower Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm not sure what a quorn roast is to be honest :s
    As for the sauce though look in the recipes thread there is a syn free bbq sauce that's pretty good, don't think there is anything you can buy that is syn free tho.

4. eye6769

eye6769 Vegetarian who lives2eat

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Quorn roast is 4.5 syns per quater of roast, really suprising I know because it doesnt have any coating or anything, but it is lovely.My tip is when cooking it under cook rather than overcook, has a tendency to really go dry.

5. zoe_belfast

zoe_belfast Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Had it 2nite, it was ok, def wudnt rush 2 get it again tho!

6. Roz V

Roz V Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    We frequently use Quorn chicken pieces or fillets, which are great if we're in a rush 'cos you don't need to defrost either of them! We just bung them into a casserole dish, add a carton of chopped tomatoes with onion, or chilli or basil, which are syn free, and cost around 55p from Supermarkets, and heat for around 6-7 mins, following the instructions on the pack. The juice from the tomatoes makes ideal 'gravy' for your veg! Beware, the cartons with olives DO have syns, but are also good over pasta!

You can, of course, make your own syn free sauce, but I find that, when confronted with a list of more than 2 or 3 ingredients my eyes seem to glaze over and I rapidly go off the idea...

Perhaps I should start a thread called "Sluts Corner" or something, for very easy meals or recipes, especially ones that just use the microwave!!!

Last edited: 5 August 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.