Quorn??

lancslass53

Silver Member
whats it like? i used to love the burgers on the higher plan when i did CD last time but i just bought some quorn pieces and quorn fillets when i went shopping, do you cook it like chicken?

i havent got a clue really but just thought id go for something different
any advice and ideas would be great

I love it!
I have the frozen pieces, and just dry fry them and add to veg...
not sure if thats how youre meant to cook it, but thats what i do! lol!

The book says Quorn pieces or mince. I don't have the fillets. Looking on the Quorn website, I can't work out what is wrong with them as there doesn't seem to be anything else added.

I only have the mince because I don't like the texture of the pieces. I just microwave the mince with vegies for a good few minutes. Normally I have half Quorn and half cottage cheese, add some herbs and pepper.

I see the meal on SS+/810 just like a pack in many ways - it's about nutrition.

I really like it too, and I'm not a veggie! It's yum, and you get a lot of it.

I love it!
I have the frozen pieces, and just dry fry them and add to veg...
not sure if thats how youre meant to cook it, but thats what i do! lol!

its the frozen stuff ive got, will dry fry it and give it a whirl i think, if i dont like it ill disguise it in something for the kids ;)

i did see the mince as well but 1 thing i really hate is frozen mince, just dont like the bitty texture of it.
i would have thought the fillets were the same as the pieces just bigger.

yeah the pieces are bigger, kinda fillets ish..
I dry fry cos it adds a bit of colour to it....

There is a reason that you can't have the fillets, but for the life of me I can't remember what now!!

Onion! There's chunks of onion in them. Same as the sausages etc.

Don't think I would have either, it's only that someone has mentioned it here before, I think last summer.

Never been too keen on Quorn pre CD, but its amazing how you tastebuds change after a good while with no regular food. I prefer the mince to pieces, dry fry with grated courgette/mushroon etc, but i do tend to add loads of seasonig. I use curry powders and Shwartz 'no salt - season all' in loads of stuff. Often add half a spicy tom soup to make a sauce. Top it with cottage cheese (mixed with 'season all' too) and grill for a bit. Yum....
One problem though, i can never eat the amount of quorn indicated on 810 in one meal, hence the split with cott.cheese and then half it again into two meals....i ate it all once and felt bloated and horrible for ages after, terible stomach ache. But maybe you get used to it.....? Enjoy xx

Back