• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Quorn?

Loser85

Gold Member
S: 23st10lb C: 17st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 6st10lb(28.31%)
Hi all,

my partner and i are starting WW next week. I am considering using using quorn products as ive been told they are quite low in points. The thing is when i have sausages etc i am very cautious as i hate gristle and chewy bits. (makes me gag just writing that!) Was wondering with the quorn not actually being a meat product surely it wouldnt contain the nasties. Please correct me if im wrong.

Thanks in advance

Lisa xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Loser85

Gold Member
thanks for replying so quicky. Im glad youve confirmed what i thought. Will be stocking up on quorn from this weekend then. Is it also true that it can make you quite erm....... windy? Sorry if thats taking it too far! :D

S: 14st13lb C: 14st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st6lb(2.87%)
yes quorn is lovely, never had a problem with the sausages with gristle or anything, but is answer to your 2nd question-yes it makes me f*rt like a mule !!!

smilerjen

Has the power of the horn
S: 16st6lb C: 16st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 36 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Quorn cottage pie is amazing! Sandy recommended it to me on a tesco trip and now I have half the staff room eating it!! Wee lunch sized one only 3 points!! Means you can have 8 dough balls with it! :p ha ha

oooh yeah love that too, planning it for lunch one day this week with brussel sprouts but after my previous comments that could prove a dangerous combination

smilerjen

Has the power of the horn
S: 16st6lb C: 16st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 36 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Oh gosh, that would be lethal!! I had it with broccoli once...learnt my lesson! Even my dog Chloe wouldn't sit next to me and I had a box of markies as a bribe!!

Hi there,sorry to say but i dont like the quorn sausages at all...
All the other quorn products are lovely though,maybe they would be ok in a casserole,i just found them really dry(cardboard like)...
Just my opinion...xx

Loser85

Gold Member
Thanks for all the replies :). Havn't been on for a few days so didnt realise i had so many. Will have to try them all i guess. So long as the windy thing isnt how it works for me. (im bad enough already!)

Lisa xxx

lol @ mommyb

I can't say quorn makes me windy and I eat a lot of it.

Just had the beef style pieces today, cooked in red wine with mushrooms and mashed swede and it was to die for.