Quorn?

Loser85

Gold Member
Hi all,

my partner and i are starting WW next week. I am considering using using quorn products as ive been told they are quite low in points. The thing is when i have sausages etc i am very cautious as i hate gristle and chewy bits. (makes me gag just writing that!) Was wondering with the quorn not actually being a meat product surely it wouldnt contain the nasties. Please correct me if im wrong.

Thanks in advance

Lisa xxx

thanks for replying so quicky. Im glad youve confirmed what i thought. Will be stocking up on quorn from this weekend then. Is it also true that it can make you quite erm....... windy? Sorry if thats taking it too far! :D

yes quorn is lovely, never had a problem with the sausages with gristle or anything, but is answer to your 2nd question-yes it makes me f*rt like a mule !!!

Quorn cottage pie is amazing! Sandy recommended it to me on a tesco trip and now I have half the staff room eating it!! Wee lunch sized one only 3 points!! Means you can have 8 dough balls with it! :p ha ha

oooh yeah love that too, planning it for lunch one day this week with brussel sprouts but after my previous comments that could prove a dangerous combination

Oh gosh, that would be lethal!! I had it with broccoli once...learnt my lesson! Even my dog Chloe wouldn't sit next to me and I had a box of markies as a bribe!!

Hi there,sorry to say but i dont like the quorn sausages at all...
All the other quorn products are lovely though,maybe they would be ok in a casserole,i just found them really dry(cardboard like)...
Just my opinion...xx

Thanks for all the replies :). Havn't been on for a few days so didnt realise i had so many. Will have to try them all i guess. So long as the windy thing isnt how it works for me. (im bad enough already!)

Lisa xxx

lol @ mommyb

I can't say quorn makes me windy and I eat a lot of it.

Just had the beef style pieces today, cooked in red wine with mushrooms and mashed swede and it was to die for.

Back