Qvc 28day calorie counted Diet Chef pack - anyone else ordered and want a buddy???

Becca1507

Hi

my name is Becca and as all of us on this site I am desperate to loose weight. I have tried absolutely every diet under the sun and finally decided that maybe good old fashioned, sensible, calorie control and exercise is the best idea. So I've ordered the 28 hamper from Qvc on auto delivery. It hasn't arrived yet but if anyone else fancies 'buddying' up let me know :). Would be great to have and to be able to give support

xxx

Hi Becca,

My name is Sonja and I have recently started Diet Chef as well.

I have ordered directly from them, as I preferred to chose my own meals. So far I have liked most of the meals/soups/breakfasts/snacks I've tried and am really happy. I've had a sneak peek on the scales this morning and I've lost 4 KG or 8.8 lbs since I started on 31/12/2014. :)

I know that the weight loss will slow down, but this was a great start.

I hope you'll like the food you're getting, but can't imagine you won't, as everything is really tasty :)

Good Luck!

Hi Sonja

you're doing so well :), keep up the good work.

i haven't had my delivery yet but it was dispatched today so looking forward to getting it and doing something about my weight. I've always been up and down weight wise, the only times I was ever slimish have been when I've been very poorly or very depressed and I've never kept it off. I was bullied all through my childhood for being the fat kid at school so it's something that I'm so aware of. Even to the point that although I'm now 34 if I walk into a room And people are laughing, I get paranoid it's at me. I'm hoping to loose around 2 stone just to feel comfortable again. 2 years ago after many problems failed IVf, lots of surgery etc I had to have a full hysterectomy so am now experiencing the joys of the menopause along with the bloating and weight increase that goes with it ( although I think a lot of that may be something to do with my love of pizza and red wine :)). I just don't want to look in the mirror for the rest of my life hating the way I look and feel yet knowing if I'd really tried I could have done something g about it.

anyway, I'll let you know when my pack arrives :). Keep me posted on your successes :)

becca xxx

Hello Becca,

My husband and I have been referred for IVF, but due to my weight we can't get it. That makes me feel guilty, as I know my husband wants a child as badly as I do and because of me we can't have one (at the moment - hopefully).

I still only had one thing in my Diet Chef package that I didn't like, everything else was really tasty. I have a lot more to lose than you do...I've had an eating disorder ever since I can remember going from bulimia to anorexia to binge eating after I was hospitalised for anorexia and forced to eat... After that I gained a lot of weight very quickly and never managed to lose it again. I hope now is the time :)

I am really fed up of dieting...but Diet Chef doesn't feel so much like a diet, so that's a good thing.

I hope you'll have a good day :)

Hiya Sonja,I really hope you reach your goal and are able to try IVF at some point. I can't say its a pleasant experience by any means and it's devastating when it doesn't work, but then when it does it's the best thing in the world. We were unfortunate that due to my medical 'gynae' issues it didn't work for us but I know a lot of people it did work for so there is always hope.Sounds like you've certainly been through the mill with your weight. I've never been in the same positions as you but I do remember the days getting into bed, analysing what I'd eaten and the one day thinking right I've had a whole piece of toast 'shiiiitttt, I've eaten too much tomorrow I better eat nothing and just drink water'. I think people that haven't been there just don't understand that it's a illness and addressing our relationship with food isn't an easy thing to do or recover from.I know what you mean about being fed up of dieting, I feel like I've spent my entire life on a diet and I'm sick of it now. I am just hoping that diet chef will help me as it's proper food, without the thinking involved and having to organise yourself to cook healthy meals. After a day at work cooking is the last thing I want to do so I always end up with pizza or chips and of course chocolate. My hamper still hasn't arrived but I've had an email to say it's been dispatched so I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow. I desperately want to get started now.My husband isn't doing g DC but he desperately needs to loose weight too so he is going on a diet with me. Fortunately he loves cooking for himself so I don't have to worry about it. This is gong to sound really silly but, on the weekend I bought us 2 glasses each and got some stick on gemstones and silver alphabet stickers. On one glass I've put 'pounds lost' and on the other I've put 'pounds to go'. I've put the number of pounds( coloured glass pebbles) I want to loose in the one and every time I loose a pound I'm going to transfer it to the 'pounds lost' glass. I think having a visual aid other than just jumping on the scales will hopefully help me to look at the glass that getting fuller every week :).Anyway, keep up your good work, :)Speak soon,Becca xxx

Hello Becca,

I hope your hamper will arrive today. I am a full week in today and I still think this is the best diet I have ever done. I really enjoy the food and although I am tempted sometimes when I see a Dominos advert or driver past McDonald's I feel satisfied when I've had my dinner. When I dieted in the past and craving pizza and had to eat just a salad or something that just didn't help and at one point I would just have given in and had a pizza. Having said that, my husband and I were out on Saturday all day. We took the DC breakfast biscuits with us and for lunch went to Pizza Express and had the really thin pizza with just tomatoes and cheese and some dough balls. I've also recorded this in our calory count and I didn't go over my allowance as in the evening we only had a salad. So it's good to know that we can treat ourselves every now and then and still lose weight.
I really hope I can get to the point where IVF is possible. I had to get off Facebook for now, so have frozen my accounts, as everyone I know on there seems to be pregnant at the moment, which makes it even worse to know I can't have that (at the moment).

Wishing you a good day!

Hi Sonja

Apologies for not writing last night, I was full up with cold which didn't make me feel the best, but I also had a huge diet chef box to rummage through :) - got to try and find somewhere to put everything tonight now :).

I had the gluten free muesli for brekki with some Strawberries and blueberries - it was lush, and have just had the tomato pasta pot with salad for lunch - yet again another hit :). i'm thinking tonight will be lamb hotpot with veg. So far so very good.

Is your hubbie doing DC with you? I wish mine would but he'd never cope with the portion sizes (or so he says), luckily for him if he just cuts down he seems to loose weight quite quickly as he has a fairly active job (he's a Kwik Fit Fitter), me however, I work in an office so am sat on my rather large backside all day. (im 34, he is 42)

I know what you mean and I completely sympathise. I am over the baby urge now thankfully as after accepting it wasn't going to happen we've just thrown ourselves into other things - we love ballroom dancing. When I was going through my last IVF, the hardest part for me was that my team leader / friend was 6/7 months pregnant with twins after IVF so of course seeing her every day after ours failed was hard - she was fantastic though.

well done you on counting all calories etc when you went out - if I went to a pizza place I would just think sod it and delve in!!! fortunately we don't go out for many meals but I know if we did I would really struggle.

Are you weighing yourself on a weekly basis? have you weighted today? I've decided Saturday will be my day to weigh in. I think with it being that way it will help me not to have the urge for a weekend binge. - it will definitely be wine I miss the most. I know you can have most things in moderation, but i'm only on 1200 calories so its a bit difficult to fit it in.

Anyway, my lunch break has just about finished so I better get back to work.

Hope you have a good afternoon :)

Becca xxx

Hi Becca!

Good that your hamper has finally arrived.

I try to weigh only once a week (doesn't always work)... my weigh in day is Wednesday, as I started on a Wednesday. So overall in my first week I've lost 9lbs :) It's a good start.

Yesterday I've had the Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup for lunch, that was really nice. Also the Lasagne I've had for Dinner was good. And this morning I've had original porridge oats and added some Mango to it. They are a bit bland...the flavoured porridge is better...

I'll got to see a friend now and then will have my lunch for today.

Yes, my husband is doing diet chef with me, but as we is allowed more than 1200 calories a day the portion sizes are not a big problem for him. :)

Have a good day!

Wow, that's an amazing loss for your first week :). Keep up the fantastic work :).

I'm shattered tonight, still full of cold and a late finish at work but only one more day to go. Also I finish at 3.30 on a Friday so even better :).

thats good your hubby is doing the diet with you, I really wish mine would but as long as he sticks to something that will be a result. I think my biggest fear is that I'm not going to loose any weight, I get so paranoid over it. I'm using my fitness pal to track to calories so we'll have to see. I just think that I've messed my metabolism up so much over the years, I guess it's just a case of being patient.

i haven't got the porridge in my hamper so won't get to try that. Probably not a bad thing as sometimes oats make me a bit bloated and windy ( I've had muesli today and the oat bar and have proved this point - oops )!!!!! I think I'll just have to make sure I don't overdo the oats on one particular day :).

tomorrow is going to be the hardest for me as usually Friday night is wine night !!!!

Hope me you had a good time seeing your friend today.

Speak soon,

love Becca xxx

Hi Sonja,

how are you? Do you have any nice plans for the weekend?

im having a 'tail between my legs day'....... I have messed up. Yesterday was going great, but in the space of a few very short hours I found out of my 2 close friends in work, 1 is leaving, the other has been moved to another department, neither are being replaced which means my work load is about to increase but now I'm in limbo as don't really know what my role is now, then I find out another friend who lives just across the road is pregnant and has put scan pictures all over Facebook (wonderful news for them and although I've accepted our situation it still gets to you), then I find my best friend in a state because her business is about to fold, I have another friend who is waiting for brain surgery and is poorly and she was on the phone before I got home .......... By the time I had got home I had had it with everything and therefore made a huge mistake of turning to a gigantic pizza and bottle of wine!!!!! Oh boy I feel guilty!!!! I have talked it all through with my husband and have made the decision that I'm going to take today to sort myself out have a nice bath and relax, ignore the phone, my mum is coming round for a lazy girly afternoon, then I will start 100% fresh tomorrow hopefully with renewed enthusiasm and a positive outlook towards work and everything else :).

i do feel very guilty though, but having now got my hamper, tasted some of the food and realised how lush it is, I have very faith that I'll do well.

sorry, rant over, sometimes you just have to go aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh, then you feel much better for it

hope you have a lovely day, hope the weather isn't too bad for you either, it's very windy here

love becca xxx

Hello Becca. Sorry to hear about all this... All these scan pictures and baby pictures were the reason why I've abandoned Facebook for now. Don't feel guilty, we're all just human and it's best to accept from the start that these slip ups will happen. I'm sure you'll do fine :)
Enjoy your day and forget about the pizza and the wine. what's done is done and it does to any good to feel guilty about it.
I don't have any specific plans. We've got a friend coming over, then we'll see what we'll do.

I hope you'll have a great day!

Sonja

Hi sonja

how are you? Have you had a good few days? How was your weekend?

im very pleased to say I'm back on track now and feeling much brighter :). So far loving all the food still although th chicken in black bean sauce was a little bland, nice though.

how is your week going diet wise?

amy nice plans for today?

speak soon

becca xxx

Hi Becca. I am fine and still doing good with the diet. I've lost 2lbs in my second week, which is good :)
Yesterday we have been out for dinner to Pizza Express with a friend, but I was good. Ok, I've had the dough balls with garlic butter, but for main I've had one of their leggera pizzas which have a hole in the middle, where they put salad instead. It was nice and I didn't get over my calory allowance, I even had 143 calories left at the end of the day that I didn't use.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and are enjoying the meals so far. I have not had the chicken in black bean sauce...I don't really like black bean sauce... My absolute favourite so far is beef in ale. That's sooo yummy.

I hope you'll have a good day :)

Back