raaa raaa PMT (sorry Jim)

LVLLM

Gold Member
Im so full of PMT this morning, bloated, screaming one minute, close to tears the next and my trousers hardly fit :( i had the mirena coil fitted a couple of weeks ago (sorry if TMI) and havent had period since but every other bloody symptom.
has anyone else had this? i could scream!!! :mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry:

Oh bless ya Vicky!! I'm on the depo injection so don't know much about the coil... would imagine it takes a while for your body to settle to the release of hormones tho. x

im hoping it will pass. my tummy could explode. :(

Funnily, when I get to the docs next week, I was going to ask about the implant. Would you not recommend it then??

:grouphugg: for you though. I don't get PMT too bad actually. Although I'm sure my boyfriend would disagree! :D

I didnt fancy the implant for some reason - thought this would be better. there are so many different choices!

Doh! Sorry, I totally just read your post and made up what you said! lol :rolleyes:

I didn't mean implant, I meant the coil! Would you recommend it?

The only thing I'm scared of is putting on weight. I've been ont he pill for years and I've finally got one that agrees with me but I fancy a change from taking it every morning...

LOL :)
ive lost 3lb since ive had it in (omg you just made me look at calendar and ive had it in less than i thought oops). I think as long as you are still dieting you should be fine. so much easier than pills :D

Hmm... I think i'll chat it over with my doc. I've been really rubbish with my pills this month, as in forgetting to take them! :eek: I'm normally really good but for some reason, i'm not this month??

Anyway, I'll see what my options are as it would be great not to have to worry about it.

well ive had them all and none of them suited me
implant came on every 10 days
pill got caught with my second child
depo injection made me bloated and put on weigh

its crap being a women lol

diane

I was on the depo for 10 years, and i gained loads on it, i am now on the coil but without the hormones...the copper one, i get bloated and stressed/cry on this which i did not before, but it settled down a bit after 4 months. Other then the obvious niggles i think its great that i dont have to worry about anything for 5 years, and its not effected by medicines like the pills so bonus :p

See I love that Freckles - not having to worry about anything for 5 years. But I don't fancy the crying/stressed things... I'm bad enough as it is!

Ive not been too bad on the mirena one mets - well deffo not as murderously hormonal i was on the pill. i suppose its early days though x

See I've tried nearly every combination of pill I can and I've finally found one that I don't feel like killing myself, or down or anything like that and it toook AGES to get to this point. So I'm wondering whether i should just stick with it??

I couldnt't get an appointment with my doc for 2 weeks! :eek: So i'm seeing the Healthcare Assistant which means I'll have to wait to discuss my options (as I don't think she can advise??)

they usually can advise - i spoke to the nurse practitioner first! see what they say hon x

Well I think its rubbing of on me.... haven't had totm since being on the depo just under 3 years now & guess what this morning!?!? At least it'll explain the 4lb gain this week!!! :eek::mad:

Oh that sucks. At least you know what the 4lb gain was and you know it'll disappear again. :)

Longratia - ah cool, I shall chat to her tomorrow and see what she says.

Linz- sorry - just think of the weightloss after though :D

Morning

The Healthcare Assistant couldnt' advise me today because I've had such a palaver (sp??!) trying to get the right balance with my pill and my hormones that she thinks that it's best to talk to my doc. Which is fair enough.

She did give me some leaflets which I can have a read through though and six months supply of my pill. So I'll take these and then when I go back in September I can decide then.

Back