RACE FOR LIFE

penny35

Silver Member
Sooooooooo excited and scared all at the same time!!!!
Never done anything like this before, I just couldn't of even considered it, it was too hard just walking a short distance before.
Today 9 stone lighter than I was in 2005,I've signed up to something crazy, my race for life isn't until late June, so I do have sometime to try to improve my fitness.

Unlike today, when I haven't even made it outside the house,not even to the garden. I was so washed out after yesturday, when I really wasn't at all well.

However, yesturday I did have to walk up the dreaded hill to my house, and before, I'd have to stop so many times,but yesturday I made it up the hill, without stopping once, and when I got to the top, I was only slightly breathless, so I know my health is improving,however slight,it's an improvement.:blahblah:

Thanks for reading, who else is doing the race this year.
The aim is to do running as a regular thing, trouble is I wobble so much, all over, I have no co-ordination at all, and the wobble doesn't help at all. Any helpful hints boy's and girl's.

well done for taking the plunge...i done the race for life a few years ago, to be honest it was a huge achievement for me. As at the time i was very big & found it hurt my back just walking a short distance into our town. I walk the way but did finsh.....

I'd like to do it next year unfortunately this year is not possible got too many work, trips & gigs to attend.....

Anyway hun it's a well worth and important charity to back, i wish you loads and loads of luck.:hug99: xxx

Hi there

I posted a message to you about the race for life shortly before the 'pink' site went down!

I am looking forward to it and dreading it too!!! Need to up my exercise drastically!!

Vic

When's your race date, have you got much time to train?
Just got an email from a skinny and beautiful friend offering to go on a 2 hour walk with me,as often as I like, as long as I buy her a drink at the half way point.
It's really sweet of her, BUT, I feel so ugly next to her, Its all in my head, and she couldn't be kinder, but she can be alittle pushy, and I'm worried I won't be able to keep up with her.

Hey Penny from pink site, its lara2006 from there and christie on here. Just joined the other day about same time as Squeak.

Not long till my Race for Life now - May 20th - Ahhhhhhhhh!

Nicole told me off earlier for calling you lara earlier.apparently is laura,ohhhhhhhh I'm so confused.
That's soon, and with your poorly knee too, are you going to stick with the swimming so you don't injury it anymore.
I need to try to make it out of the house tommorrow, Iam better than I was yesturday, so I should be able to make it out. But, it's fair to stay Iam the queen of excuse's, so if you see me on here tomorrow, tell me to bugger off outside, PLEASE

Nicole told me off earlier for calling you lara earlier.apparently is laura,ohhhhhhhh I'm so confused.
That's soon, and with your poorly knee too, are you going to stick with the swimming so you don't injury it anymore.
I need to try to make it out of the house tommorrow, Iam better than I was yesturday, so I should be able to make it out. But, it's fair to stay Iam the queen of excuse's, so if you see me on here tomorrow, tell me to bugger off outside, PLEASE

Real name is laura but most people call me lara, not sure why, but has stuck. Coley has always called me laura am used to both or on here now christie!!

Yes just waiting x-ray results 9 days away yet till doctors again, hopefully fine, dont tell anyone but am off out tonight and on a school night, lol.

Yes still sticking with swimming as doc said not to do anything else, best excuse ever, i really like swimming though and is helping with the toning. Got myself a new top for tonight and is a size 10, yyyiiiipppeeeyyyy. Did pick up a 12 on the hanger but on the label is 10, never mind it fits anyway.

I am not doing the race for life, but am doing the Harefield Hospital fun run in sept, am hoping to run the 3miles husbands health permitting, but will probably do the usual one mile route with the children :)

Misdee, sound's fab which ever you do, maybe cut down on the cheese on toast breakfast for your hubby,lol,Naughty, but I couldn't resist.:hug99:

he wont be running lol. well not in his current state of wires etc, he is a long term patient at harefield, cheese and beer is perscribed by his doc lol.

Sorry if I typed out of turn, didnt mean to cause any offense.
I hope your coping ok, can I ask what type of hospital that is? Forget that, give him a big gentle hug from a complete stranger (me) next time you see him.
Tale care my lovely.

no no its fine, no offense. harefield is a world famous heart hospital. husband is currently on a mechanical heart at home, and is waiting for a heart transplant. he is hoping to get one soon and join us again this year on the fun run, Waiting for the call.: Better late than never. pics from last years fun run :)

What a lovely looking family you have!!!
I truely hope the call comes soon, I think more and more people are aware of the importance of being a organ donor,anyway i'm sure you have had this same conversation a million times. so i won't bore you.
I've just been very silly and naughty and had some cashew nuts with chilli flavour on, OMG why on earth would I be so silly. Well its done, and Ive confessed,hopefully I will get to grips with this tommorrow.

drink some water and put it out of your mind.

good luck for the race for life :)

Back