Racharoon's food diary

Having a super hungry day - think its because I was at running club last night. Dont want to go too mad though as Ive got weigh in tmro!

After breakkie at 7am Ive just had the mullerlite and peach I was going to have with my lunch and a Caramel Freddie Frog!! (Taken from the kids treat jar!!!) Am walking away now and leaving it until lunch to ahev my leftover tuna pasta - will fill up on free salad and fruit if needs be!

wish I was motivated to run....well, any excercise really, we'll go for a walk if the weather is ok at the weekends, but that's about it.
Thinking I'm going to start by having a swim or 2 a week, I used to regularly, and also the gym, but that was 10 or 12 years ago..... I need to get off my bum and do something!!
I love prawn stir-fry, that's my stock, quick meal, Asda do a lovely frozen stirfry veg pack, and also cook from frozen, raw king prawns.... boil up some noodles and quick speedy tasty dinner in 10mins. yum
I'm having a green day today - I'm doing an sw Indian using mushy pea curry as my base

Will definately get the frozen veggies, makes it much quicker! Have found a few quick, no thought tea's lately. Just whats needed as its been a hectic week.
Thanks for that!

Thursday 14th July - EE Day

Havnt had a minute to myself today to fill in my food so far!

Bk - oats and blueberries (HEB) May have to start varying my breakfasts but I enjoy it so much!

Snack - sliced chicken breast

Lunch - Chicken noodle mugshot, a nectarine

WEIGH IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tea - veggie omlette with 28g cheese and beans!

Hiya Dedridger - i lost 2lbs! Very chuffed with that. Well done on your STS, its all good if its not a gain!

I my first half stone award too which was very motivating!

Friday 15th July - EE

BK - muller light, blueberries & redcurrants

Snack - Strawberries

Lunch - Tuna & bioled egg salad, an apple and some more strawberies (they are gorgeous at the moment arent they!?)

Tea - Have a friends birthday which is a beer/ curry night out tonight, a big test! Planning to use a fair few syns then cut it back later in the week. What do you think of my plan?

5 vodka slim tonics (plan to have 4 but Im syning 5 just in case - worse case scenario) 20syns
1 poppadom - 4 syns, 1tsp of each dip - 3syns
fish tikka - spoke to consultatnt last night and she said it would be around 8syns but is a good choice as its a speed food underneath!

Pilau rice (only having this because I know everyone else in the group is ordering this and dont really want everyone knowing Im on a diet by being the only one ordering boiled rice, silly I know, but dont want the whole conversation about dieting comign up!) 2.5syns

37.5 syns in total.................. lts of superspeed foods today and tmro to compensate!

That was the plan..................... but if im really honest it didnt go quite like that!

I made the mistake of goign for wine instead of vodka! - over the course of the evening i had pretty much a bottle (add another 10 syns on),

I had an extra poppadom (add 4 syns) and also had 1/2 a naan bread! (add 10 syns) and even had the 2 after eight's that came with the bill (add 4 syns) ......... so another 28 syns to the 37 I'd planned

A whopping 65 syns for one night :-(

Felt incredibly guilty on saturday, lesson well and truly learned though. Halo looking a bit battered now!
Think its too much to cut out my syns until next thursday so Im calling it flexui syns, giving myself 6 a day until then and seeing how that works out.!

Last edited:
Saturday and sunday updated...

Saturday

Bk - Fruit salad from boots

Lunch -Subway side aslad (great fro 99p!) with a skinless roast chicken leg, some cherries

Tea - 1/2 pn king prawn chow mein 5.5syns

Sunday

FF natural; yogurt with kiwi, mango and raspberries

Lunch - Fish Tagine (made with sliced onions, sliced potato, sliced tomato, sliced peppers, slices of lemon, pieces of salmon and tuna, cumin seeds, turmeric, roughly chopped garlic and a veggie stock cube) Gorgeous!!!

More cherries

1/2 a curly wurly 3syns.

Saintly compared to friday!

Monday 18th July

EE Day

Bk - 28g Oats (HEB), a banana

Snack - Watermelon

lunch - pepper and onion frittata with beans, more watermelon and 4 midget gems (3syns)

Tea - Smoked trout, asparagus & quark linguine, the other 1/2 of the curly wurly I saved from yesterday! (3syns) strawberries

Total 6 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday 19th July: Success Express

Following a thread I saw on the 'into the 10's board' Im going to do a few days success express a) to make up for the excesses of friday night and b) I only have 4 weeks to my cousins wedding and want to get maximum loss before then.

Breakfast: Mixed berries, a tangerine and FF yogurt, 28g bran flakes (HEB)

HEA - skimmed milk in tea

Lunch - pepper, onion and mushroom frittata, large salad
syns - 3 mars minatures (6syns)

snack - banana and a slice of nimble braed (HEB)before Running club!!!!!!!!!!!

Tea - chicken saag - dry fried onions, garlic, chilli flakes & chicken breast in madras curry powder. Added in a chopped tomamto and 3 cubes of frozen spinach (which i deforsted in the microwave). Added a cup of water and left to simmer for 10 mins - done!

Gorgeous... and saved some for my dinner today!

Exercise 7k run.

Last edited:
hiya, I've not been about recently, been really busy....busy doing nothing LOL
Wow, looks like you had a great night out on Friday, hope you had a reaaly good time... Hey, don't beat yourself up.... this isn't really a 'diet' as such, but an eating plan, and you need to make it fit into your life.... not fit your life into eating, so, a night out here and there, however heavy doesn't matter an awful lot, it's just a case of remembering you can't do it every week (that's why I'm here in the 1st place)
I generally use my syns on a friday, and cut-back over the week, sometimes I STS sometimes not..... it's the slow and easy way, it didn't go on overnight afterall.

Looking good since Friday :)

I've read about sucess express, isn't that 2HEA, 2HEB but 2/3 superfree??

hiya, I've not been about recently, been really busy....busy doing nothing LOL
Wow, looks like you had a great night out on Friday, hope you had a reaaly good time... Hey, don't beat yourself up.... this isn't really a 'diet' as such, but an eating plan, and you need to make it fit into your life.... not fit your life into eating, so, a night out here and there, however heavy doesn't matter an awful lot, it's just a case of remembering you can't do it every week (that's why I'm here in the 1st place)
I generally use my syns on a friday, and cut-back over the week, sometimes I STS sometimes not..... it's the slow and easy way, it didn't go on overnight afterall.

Looking good since Friday :)

I've read about sucess express, isn't that 2HEA, 2HEB but 2/3 superfree??

Hiya Debridger - yeah I googled it yesterday. Its one or two A and 2 b's with 2/3 of each plate superfree. I think years ago superfree included eggs and FF dairy but not this time.................... will let you know if it worked tmro!

Im over the guilt (a catholic education!!!!) of friday night - life is for living etc and without the odd night out now and then Id fall well and truly off the wagon!

Wednesday 20th July - Success Express day

Bk - a peach, a mound of frozen berries (defrosted) and FF yogurt

Snack - 28G Brie (HEA) Milk in tea (HEA)... had given up milk but i need to put soem healthyu extras back in my diet so im having 1 or 2 cups a day!

Lunch - Chicken curry leftovers from last night; large Salad 4 Ryvita (HEB), 28g houmous (heb)

Tea - Noodle stirfry (1/3 noodles, 2/3 veg!)

Last edited:
Oooh, you're determined....well done

Milk thing..... do you like coconut? there's a dairy free kara coconut milk, only a hint, it's quite thin, but not bad.... and you get 400ml for an HEA so could do a rice pudding on green, or add a bit of cocoa )might taste like a bounty lol)

Hope WI is good, might try SE myself

Deb

Just back from weigh in and ive lost 1.5lbs this week :8855: - very, very chuffed with that!

Today...

Bk - banana, peach & tangerine

Lunch - Supernoodles with chopped veg

Tea - Eating out tonight. Its a works do thing so ive been able to pre order. Ive gone for... (Edits after the event in pink!)

Goats cheese with rocket salad (no dressing) (HEA & 4.5syns - depending on portion size!) edit - very large portion so calling it 9 syns

Steamed sea bass fillet with new pots and wilted spinach (will ask them to hold the butter!)
very small wm roll (HEB) butter 3.5syns
1 small glass of wine 6.5syns

NO DESSERT! Oops!!! - 1/2 portion lemon tart (online says 8syns - worth it!)...

27syns for the evening which Im quite pleased with, lovely meal out!

Last edited:
well done you....so, fo you think it was the sucess express that worked??
I lost 2 today, I've worked for it, but still, it's good to see it

Well done on that - great loss!

Friday 22nd July - Green Day

Bk - 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice WM bread (HEB) and a nectarine

Milk in tea - HEA
Snack - banana and some strawberries

Lunch - Jacket spud,cheese (HEA) and big salad, pear

2 Lindors - (8 syns)
There is sooo much rubbish in the staffroom at the mo (Im a teacher); we dont finish until next weds so Im allocating my syns during lunch/ break time for the last 4 days!

Tea - Either... supernoodles and stir fried veggies or bean chilli with brown rice (depends how late and hungry I am when I get in!)

Last edited:
............................ So ive been AWOL for a couple of days! Not because Ive been on a bender just because I feel liek ive not stopped and have bee here there and everywhere.

So - to fill in my missing days.

So friday was a good 'on plan' day!#

Saturday (EE Day) morning I went for a 1hr run and a serious abs workout which made me feel ready for the weekend.

I then ate...

Bk - late breakfast of frozen FF yogurt and mango (gorgeous!!) 1 slice wm bread (HEB1)

mid afternoon I had a piece of gammon with 2 poached eggs (think I was craving protein after the workout).

Tea - left over bean chilli with potato wedges with a HEA of cheese

Evening - Planned to have 3 glasses of wine but alas it was 4!!! (26 syns!!) doh! Also had another piece of wm braed when I got in (HEB2)

Sunday was a red day!

Bk - banana, 28g oats (HEB) and FF yogurt

Lunch - mushroom omlette with 28g cheese on top (HEA), more FF yogurt with berries

Tea - BBQ: Fish kebab marinated in lemon juice, garlic & rosemary; prawn kebab, large salad and 1 slice wm bread (HEB)

Snack a necatrine and 1 curly wurly (6 syns)

Monday - Green Day

Bk - 28g oats, 1 banana

Snack - melon and a nectarine

Lunch - FF supernoodles with chargrilled veggies, berries

2 lindors (8 syns but SOOOO worth it)

Tea - veggie Lasagne made with HEA1 of 70g philli light and HEA2 of 28g cheddar - loved it! A tangerine

Back