Rachel says 'Hi' and sneaks in quietly!!

hey rachel, I agree with you about tteys post
re the cheating thing, there is no real advice I can give to stop you cheating as i really think its all about mindset, maybe if you allow yourself to have say 2 bits of chicken and not feel guilty it will stop you eating other stuff that you cant have,
you really have to be strong and tell yourself 'no'
i know my lack of willpower allowed me to get up to 27 stones in the first place , and only I can get myself slim so I have to do it, no choice, restarting is not easy but really really give it all you have got remember why you wanted to do cambridge in the first place and remember it everytime you want to eat something

having hot baths works as well as having a cup of hot water. also early nights[boring] or a good book, if you can just crack 2 weeks you will be flying

also never look at how much you want to loose, only how much you have lost already it really helps motivate

good luck hun
nat xxxxx

Hi Rachel - don't think Ttey meant to upset .... think it was a genuine reading the written word not coming out as she meant it .... but that said it struck a chord with me too. I did CD and successfully lost 4stone in 4months in 2005 .... regained 2stone and now am constantly losing half a stone - gaining half a stone in a never ending yoyo battle. Like yourself I despair of keep failing ... and know that ONE day I will SS and it'll stick and I'll not gain the half a stone i've just lost .... as to how???? God I wish I knew!!! and if you find out before me PLEASE let me know!!!

I wish you luck - post your photos, etc etc etc and hopefully the support and motivation you'll get from posting on here will help. Much understanding and good vibes going your way xxx

Thanks Nat, I'm so chuffed you replied! I know I can seem boring lol!!
The baths have worked with me in the past but I have decided to try the knitting again as at least it'll keep my hands busy!
Having been so poorly this last week tho, food has been the last thing on my mind so it just goes to prove that every cloud has a silver lining!

I just get so p****d off at myself for my lack of willpower, I mean, I am a grown woman having a strop like a little kid when I cant have something I want!! I have to tackle the emotional crap behind all this I think, I would have done LL for the counselling but couldnt afford it. Thank god for this place!!:D

ps Rachel - one thing that can work for me ... but only if I am in the right frame of mind - is going and brushing my teeth ... something about the clean toothpaste taste and feel that stops me cheating - BUT only if i can get to the bathroom before i get to the fridge!!!

Hi Rachel - don't think Ttey meant to upset .... think it was a genuine reading the written word not coming out as she meant it .... but that said it struck a chord with me too. I did CD and successfully lost 4stone in 4months in 2005 .... regained 2stone and now am constantly losing half a stone - gaining half a stone in a never ending yoyo battle. Like yourself I despair of keep failing ... and know that ONE day I will SS and it'll stick and I'll not gain the half a stone i've just lost .... as to how???? God I wish I knew!!! and if you find out before me PLEASE let me know!!!
Lol, course I will if I find out!!!

I wish you luck - post your photos, etc etc etc and hopefully the support and motivation you'll get from posting on here will help. Much understanding and good vibes going your way xxx

Thanks for that! I have posted my pics, the first time ever! I hadnt wanted to as I wanted to have a couple of ones a stone or two down, but maybe the shame of seeing how I have let myself go will give me a kick start!!

Minimins definately helps it has to be said, at least everyone knows how you feel and at least 1 0r 2 folk at least can help if you have a question or 10!

Thanks for all the vibes, heres some right back at you!!
:vibes:

ps Rachel - one thing that can work for me ... but only if I am in the right frame of mind - is going and brushing my teeth ... something about the clean toothpaste taste and feel that stops me cheating - BUT only if i can get to the bathroom before i get to the fridge!!!

Do you know what? You're right, I never thought of that! I use that Euthymol my mum used to use and I hated it when I was a kid but it has such a strong fresh taste! I'll have to start carrying a tube with me now everywhere I go!!

Well done for posting your photos - and will subscribe to this thread now so I can see the new photos of you a couple of stone lighter soon eh??!!!

I'm hoping to drop a stone by Dublin .......... was meant to be 2 stone ... but hey I'll accept 14lbs in down payment until end of June - and then 14lb by end of july my birthday!!!!

Well done for posting your photos - and will subscribe to this thread now so I can see the new photos of you a couple of stone lighter soon eh??!!!

I'm hoping to drop a stone by Dublin .......... was meant to be 2 stone ... but hey I'll accept 14lbs in down payment until end of June - and then 14lb by end of july my birthday!!!!
Im sure you'll do it! Are you doing anything special for your birthday? I wanted to lose 3 stone by the 16th of July as we are going to Dublin for a kid free 5 days (Yaay!!) but I'd be happy with 2 stone, very happy in fact!!
I think I should make that a mini challenge!

Hey Rachel..... I just took a peek at your pictures.....! And what did I see in the background but a bottle of beer ....lol.

Im sure you'll do it! Are you doing anything special for your birthday? I wanted to lose 3 stone by the 16th of July as we are going to Dublin for a kid free 5 days (Yaay!!) but I'd be happy with 2 stone, very happy in fact!!
I think I should make that a mini challenge!

It's my daughters 21st the week before - but she doesn't want a big party - so her and I are going to have a joint family and friends do in the back garden.

Hope you enjoy Dublin - it's lovely and we can't wait to go again .... and meet some of the mad lot off here!!!

It's my daughters 21st the week before - but she doesn't want a big party - so her and I are going to have a joint family and friends do in the back garden.

Hope you enjoy Dublin - it's lovely and we can't wait to go again .... and meet some of the mad lot off here!!!

I cant wait to go, especially seeing as it will be without the sprogs, dont get me wrong, I love em to bits but a few days away is priceless!!:D

Start of my June challenge

Ok, so I haven't been on here for a good couple of weeks. :break_diet:I tried to SS, but my heart just wasnt in it for when I got home, I was absolutely fine at work, guzzling water like nobodies business but the 2nd I walked in the door at home, that was it, all willpower disappeared.

I have had a bit of trouble meeting up with my CDC as well so never had enough packs either, she was moving house and both of us were really ill at different times.

All this time off gave me a lot to think about tbh, the reasons why I wanted to lose weight and basically change my life. The thought of being thin obviously wasnt enough, it was and is the emotional issues that go along with it and the physical ailments that seem to be attached to the vast size that I am.
I have been bigger than this before, but I have never felt so ill and weak before. I'm not going to harp on for long but will list them below:
  • Short of breath
  • weak ankles
  • weak knees
  • lack of sex drive
  • general hatred of body and self
  • feeling bloated all the time
  • my sciatica has returned
The last one scares me the most, 2.5 yrs ago I had to have an op to remove 2 discs in my back as I had suffered excrutiating pain for the previous 2 years, I vowed then that I would never ever put myself in that position, well look at me now:doh:. Its returned in the other leg. Today when I was walking home after work, I couldnt straighten my legs properly, the pain was awful. I just cant go through that again.

I joined the June challenge the other day but only started it today as it was the earliest I could see my CDC.

I felt the usual giving in starting, but stopped myself, I want to keep on reminding myself of how lousy I feel. Giving in to my addiction to food is not worth the pain and self loathing I feel now.

So, today I have had all 3 shakes and at least a bucketful of water!:innocent0002: I had to sneak into a pub on the way home to use the loo as I nearly got caught short!! How embarassing, thumping headache too!!

I'm going to add another tracker when I get weighed on Weds to show the amount I need to lose in total, I need to keep motivated.

My DH has just made himself scrambled eggs on toast the bugger, smells divine, I shall just drink another bottle of water!

BTW, I have been reading FFF'ish's diary avidly, she is a remarkable and lovely woman with an fantastic way of writing she brightens up my day! :thankyou:

Just a quickie, SS'ing going grand today, everything else not. Probably crabby cos of the carb withdrawal but hopefully it'll be done soon cos I may just explode!!
Will definately post more tomorrow tho!

Ok, so I haven't been on here for a good couple of weeks. :break_diet:I tried to SS, but my heart just wasnt in it for when I got home, I was absolutely fine at work, guzzling water like nobodies business but the 2nd I walked in the door at home, that was it, all willpower disappeared.

I have had a bit of trouble meeting up with my CDC as well so never had enough packs either, she was moving house and both of us were really ill at different times.

All this time off gave me a lot to think about tbh, the reasons why I wanted to lose weight and basically change my life. The thought of being thin obviously wasnt enough, it was and is the emotional issues that go along with it and the physical ailments that seem to be attached to the vast size that I am.
I have been bigger than this before, but I have never felt so ill and weak before. I'm not going to harp on for long but will list them below:
  • Short of breath
  • weak ankles
  • weak knees
  • lack of sex drive
  • general hatred of body and self
  • feeling bloated all the time
  • my sciatica has returned
i can agree with all of the above

The last one scares me the most, 2.5 yrs ago I had to have an op to remove 2 discs in my back as I had suffered excrutiating pain for the previous 2 years, I vowed then that I would never ever put myself in that position, well look at me now:doh:. Its returned in the other leg. Today when I was walking home after work, I couldnt straighten my legs properly, the pain was awful. I just cant go through that again.

I joined the June challenge the other day but only started it today as it was the earliest I could see my CDC.

I felt the usual giving in starting, but stopped myself, I want to keep on reminding myself of how lousy I feel. Giving in to my addiction to food is not worth the pain and self loathing I feel now.
you`ll succeed :D

So,
today I have had all 3 shakes and at least a bucketful of water!:innocent0002: I had to sneak into a pub on the way home to use the loo as I nearly got caught short!! How embarassing, thumping headache too!!

21CID5F07E111.gif

definetly know what you mean lol

I'm going to add another tracker when I get weighed on Weds to show the amount I need to lose in total, I need to keep motivated.

My DH has just made himself scrambled eggs on toast the bugger, smells divine, I shall just drink another bottle of water!

BTW, I have been reading FFF'ish's diary avidly, she is a remarkable and lovely woman with an fantastic way of writing she brightens up my day! :thankyou:

fff is a true role model
i look at all the before and after pics when i feel weak and they sure stop me from nibbling

good luck
stay strong and positive
kaz xxx

fff is a true role model
i look at all the before and after pics when i feel weak and they sure stop me from nibbling

good luck
stay strong and positive
kaz xxx

She really is, she has lost what I need to lose and her diary is so riveting. Im sure she'll have a fab holiday in tobago!
I'm going to have a look at the pics today, im on Day 4 and still going strong, no weak moments so far which has surprised me as the first couple of days are usually my hardest.
How are you getting on, you sound like you are doing well!:D

hi rachel
had a glitch this week
i put on 1 lb :eek:
was gutted but need to stay positive
hoping for a good loss next week
so total so far in 26lb in 7 weeks
cant complain no other diet works as quick:D

kaz :D

hey rachel how are you doing ?
hope all is well, I am day 3 of ss after going on hols for 2 weeks and doing 790 while i was away
hope you feel better today
nat xx

Back