Rachel's brain dump

3lb loss!! Cake for breakfast obviously does the trick ;-)

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee & well done
I don't like cake (sad ba**ard I know) else I'd see if it hleped me.

hey stick with it , and you will do it
i too have tried other diet methods b4 and the novelty has worn off but i have this time been doing slimming world for 6 wk and loved it . yes i am losing that unwanted weight and yes i wish it would come off quicker but i will do it just like you
i have found that by coming on here when i feel like giving in gives me the boost that i really need when reading other peoples motivation and the hard work they are putting in it makes me stick with slimming world .............................so if you are still reading this then we will im sure lose that unwanted weight

2lb on this week! Grrr
Enjoyed my weekend away though. Think the alcohol is the main culprit. Another boozey weekend planned this weekend so I think I need to try success express for the rest of the week as damage limitation!! Would love to get to target before September. I have 6lb to go now but it is still possible if I get my arse into gear!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My arse is definitely not in gear just yet! Went to a beer festival yesterday so started drinking at 3pm. Had a burger, hot dog and chips to keep me going throughout the day. Left the festival at 8pm and went to a friend's birthday gathering where I had wine & chocolate cake. Then got a McD's on the way home.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Thursday is not going to be fun!!!

Somehow managed to lose 1lb this week?! I have 2 meals out this weekend but if I can keep off the alcohol and then live on superfree food for the rest of the week I might manage another 1lb. Let's see. Watch this space...

Had a bit of a breakthrough last night. Was out on a hen night and bumped into some fellow SW members who were on a different hen night but at the same venue. We got together for a photo to send to our consultant and I actually liked how I looked in the photo. I think it's probably the 1st photo I've seen of myself that I like (apart from my wedding photos).

Here it is...

Attachments

• image-2401568869.jpg
    image-2401568869.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 34
You all look fantastic.
Being useless though, which is you?

I'm the one on the right. Wasnt sure what to wear and was a bit worried that my outfit wasnt suitable. I was really pleased to see someone wearing almost the same thing and then when she turned round I realised that I knew her!

I did wonder about the dresses! They are so similar.

You do look good in that dress. How far off target are you now?

5lb to go to target although I will still, technically, be overweight. 1st5lb to my original target but photos like this reaffirm my decision to change it.

Sensible decision - I've changed mine too. Too much weight loss will mean I'll probably look a bit scrawny. Old, saggy skin that doesm't want to spring back to where it started from. :D

Lost 1lb this week. Very happy with that :) I'm now 12st2, back to my lowest weight in adult life (that I can remember). I have 4lb to go to target and 4 weeks of a countdown left so with a bit of luck (and dedication) I won't have to pay to go to SW again!!

Well done Rachel - so nearly there !!!

I can't wait to get that pin badge and wear it with pride :)

Well I'm back from a week's holiday and don't feel too good (weightlosswise). I tried to be good but there were just too many temptations and that little voice in my head saying "Go on. You're on holiday!"

The plan for the next 3 weeks is to stick to success express (or strict extra easy instead of my usual 25ish syns per day) and start a regular exercise programme. I'm pretty happy with my weight at the moment so I just want to drop a couple more lbs to get me into the next stone bracket and tone up some of my more wobbly bits. I got a fair amount of male attention while on holiday, which hasn't happened for a loooong time so I think this weight suits me, I just need to tone up for my own self confidence.

I'll report back on Thursday after WI. Hopefully I will manage to undo the damage before then!!

Well I didn't manage to undo all of the holiday damage but only gained 2.5lb so that is not bad. I have nothing else to get in my way now so I am properly focused on losing the final 6.5lb. Hubby is also focused so that will help.

It will be 1 year since I joined Slimming World on 3rd September and I would really like to hit target for then. Think I am going to try a bit of body magic in to help me along the way.

Well I didn't manage to undo all of the holiday damage but only gained 2.5lb so that is not bad. I have nothing else to get in my way now so I am properly focused on losing the final 6.5lb. Hubby is also focused so that will help.

It will be 1 year since I joined Slimming World on 3rd September and I would really like to hit target for then. Think I am going to try a bit of body magic in to help me along the way.
Small gain for a holiday! Well done.

Go for it - 6.5 lbs by early September is a challenge, but no reason why you can't do it.

Well I managed to make it through the weekend without a take away or chocolate so hopefully that will help. I actually bought some chocolate (mikado sticks) to eat on Saturday night and then forgot about them. I'll save them now until I NEED chocolate. I didn't completely avoid alcohol but 3 glasses of wine and a double Malibu across 3 days is much better than my usual Dominos & beer and/or Chinese & wine, so fingers crossed!

I've run out of fresh fruit and salad veg though so I will have to go to Tesco again. I can't wait till I'm at target and I can relax a little bit but at the moment I have a weight and a date in mind so it's full steam ahead!!

I've been strictly on plan all week so far and today I feel like a giant bloated water balloon. :( I hope it doesn't affect my weigh in tok much tomorrow and/or that I remember that I will have lost fat but retained water and try not to be too disappointed.

Have you been drtinking enough water Rachel? I get dehydrated and bloat a LOT if I haven't had enough liquid or eaten too many carbs.

Back