Rachel's Food Diary! I WILL be a slim bride!

I've seen on here that it's currently half price in Sainsbury's. Might have to get some with my shop on Saturday, there's so many people enjoying it it's making me curious despite it sounding so strange!

Apparently Morrisons is full of the stuff according to my OH. Its £1 in there! I had the teeeeniest nibble of his bagel with choc philly and it was good! We measured out a 30g portion (sad, i know) and i definitely didnt have 30g earlier so i think that little bite will be okay :)

Lauren - I was thinking that you could melt the alpen bars down into the bottom of a ramikin like you do to make the Quark/Options cheesecake, but put the choc philly on top and top that with slices banana or strawberries?? mmmmm

Food Diary for Friday

Breakfast - Weetabix mini's (Heb) and 250ml ss milk (HEa).

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Omlette - 2 eggs, 2 x light choice sausages (2 syns), leeks and peppers with beans.

Tea - Tuna Pasta Bake - Tuna, sweetcorn, red onion, garlic, herbs in a tomato sauce with pasta.

Dessert - Banana with 30g choc philly (4.5 syns)

Syns for Friday - 6.5

I've just read in my food optimizing book that to count the weetabix mini's as a HEb you have to have a wholegrain ryvita with it as well? I also didnt realise that to count milk or bread etc as your HE's you have to have the full allowance of it otherwise it needs to be synned? To be honest, i have done that AT ALL so i think i'm just gonna stick to what i'm doing as it seems to be working. I've avoided cereal since i started SW though cos its full of sugar etc but its TOTM and i'm really craving sweet stuff, and figured its better than a chocolate bar?? Does anyone else count food as HE even if theyre not using the full allowance? I know its kinda cheating but if its working for me, i dont mind :)

Stuck to my food plan completely today. I'm usually not a fan of tuna pasta bake unless its in a cheesy sauce, but it was really nice in a tomato sauce too! I even resisted putting cheese on top like my OH did, because i want to save my syns for my choc philly and banana which i'm just about to go and get!

Oh, i had some ketchup with my lunch so about 1.5 syns for that.

Syns for friday - 8 syns and NO alcohol again :) I never put down what i drink on here cos all my drinks are syn free, i only really drink water or NAS juice and occasionally a diet pepsi/diet sparkling water!

Hope everyone has a good weekend xxx

My tea is almost identical to yours tonight :D

Is your food optimising book an old one? I know they changed a lot of cereal this year so you didn't have to have a ryvita or Scan Bran with them to count, not sure if the mini weetabix was included. Have a search on the healthy extras section and you might find something.

I HAVE NEVER count syns for Healthy Extras if I don't use them all. I hardly ever have my full allowance of milk but I don't see the point in synning it otherwise. It's working for me, so at least until I stop losing I'm not going to change it!

Sup Honey B!
I never syn if I don't use all my healthy extras! surely not eating calories is a good thing??? It worked for me anyway so I wouldn't bother if it's working for you too!

Well done on sticking to plan today, I have had a rather bready day today. mmm stodge
xx

Toni - it's last years book! Thats the only thing with not going to group, you dont get all the up to date info until someone who goes to group posts it on here! Glad to hear you do the same as me though :) i agree with Lauren, dont see the point in adding extra calories to make it up to a HE. I know SW isnt about calorie counting but its working for me (and others it seems) so i'll stick at it :)

Lauren - Hello! I had quite a good day yesterday, surprising when i spent most of the day by myself and we had crisps and choc chip cookies in the house...stupid Paul! haha :)

Yesterday was a good day, i catched up with Desperate Housewives, did some washing and tidying and then had a meeting with a wedding photographer in the afternoon! We entered a competition to win our photography and came 3rd and have been offered 20% off, so we met up with the photographer to look through his portfolio. He offered us such a good deal, but i dont really LOVE his photos. He didnt seem to use any imagination at all and all of the albums we looked through were exactly the same photos but with different people?! Like same poses and everything? It might just be me being picky, but i want my photos to be original, not identical to however many other couples! There's a photographer i've looked at loads, but he is EXPENSIVE. Amazing, though. Just e-mailed him to arrange a meeting, fingers crossed he still has our wedding date free...

Anyway. Sorry about that little wedding rant!

Food Plan for Saturday

Breakfast - Weetabix Minis (HEb) ss milk (HEa)

Lunch - Probably none. I'm at work 9-11.30am (just covering hours, ridiculous shift i know!) and then off to get my hair done at 12pm so i'll be there until 2.30pm ish! So i dont know what i'm doing for lunch yet.

Tea - Jacket potato, tuna mayo (4 syns), salad.

Going to my cousins housewarming party tonight, she's just bought her first house with her fiance! Very exciting! No doubt they'll be synful nibbles there but we'll see how much willpower i have. I've already decided i'm driving and not drinking, so i'm proud of myself for that!

Just got back from having my hair done :) i love having my hair done, one of my best friends from school is my hairdresser so its nice to have a good gossip with him!

Went to the co-op on my way home as i was STARVING. I got to work at had 28g of weetabix mini's but just ate them on their own like little biscuits rather than have them with milk. I bought a pack of ready to eat chinese chicken breast peices from the co-op. I know the ones from tesco are free and i've looked on here but cant find the syns for these ones. The most ive seen for ready to eat chicken peices is 1/2 syn per 100g, so i'll count 1 syn for them as i ate the 200g pack, just to be safe.

Tea i'm having SW chips and cheese (HEa). Not healthy at all and definitely no super free but we have no food in, and i just really fancy something quick and easy before going to my cousins housewarming tonight! Really dont fancy jacket potato and tuna anymore!

I'm also gonna have some strawberries and 30g choc philly (4.5 syns) - i'm addicted to the stuff. Definitely not buying any more of it!

So syns for Saturday - 5.5

Last edited:
I think last night has been my biggest test since i started SW! I drove to my cousins housewarming party and didnt drink which is so out of character for me haha. When i got there it was like an actual party, not like the family gathering i imagined! Everyone was drinking, even the couple with their 10 month old baby there, i was the only one without a drink in my hand! My cousin put on an amazing buffet of homemade pizza, creamy pastas, homemade bread, crisps, dips, cheese board, etc! I ended up being stood right next to the food table the whole time i was there, chatting to family and friends that were stood there too. The only thing i picked at was these amazing cocktail sausages she did in a honey and mustard dressing. I've tried to find the syns for cocktail sausages and they seem to be about 1 syn each, so thats 4 syns for that, and the only thing with syns in the dressing was the honey so i guess on 4 sausages there was about 2 tsp so thats 2 syns. So all in all, syns for Saturday was 11.5. VERY proud of myself for that :)

I left the party early to take my dad and his girlfriend home, and then went over the Laurenporkchop's house to see her and her boyf, and our two friends from Norwich who were staying at there's. Good job i went there, i dont know how long i could have resisted the cheese and pastry at the party!

So, food diary for Sunday

Breakfast - Soft boiled egg, 2 slices wholemeal toast (Heb) and 3 tsp lurpack lightest butter (3 syns)

Lunch - We're going to Middlesbrough to see OH's family today. His Mum will have no doubt cooked an AMAZING sunday lunch as she always does, so i'm kinda dreading it. I think i'm going to stick to the meat (and cut any fat off!) and loadsa veg and a bit of gravy. Hopefully that will keep me within my syns for today!

Tea - No idea yet, depends what time we get back from Middlesbrough. Hopefully some sort of syn free pasta or something :)

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday! xx

Okay so lunch ended up being...

Gammon (fat cut off) with 1 small yorkshire pudding (3 syns), 1 aunt bessies roast potato which i've found on here they're 3.5 syns for 100g so i'll count 3.5 syns just to be safe! Then i had broccoli, carrots, swede, cauliflower, mushy peas (wierd, dont really know why they were there but i love mushy peas so fine by me!), leeks and some gravy. The gravy was made with granules and i had a tiny splash but i'll just go ahead and say seeing as ive already used 10 syns today, i'll assume i've used my whole 15 and make sure if i have something for tea later on its free!

I did resist plum crumble and vanilla ice cream for dessert when everyone else was having it though :)

So, syns for Sunday - 15! Not good for the day before WI but never mind.

I'm sure you'll be fine as you're overestimating all your syns anyway :) Dinner sounds yummy. We always used to have mushy peas with a roast dinner when I was younger, but my OH thinks it's weird! Haha

WI today...and i've lost 2 1/4 lb! May as well not count the 1/4lb but i will :) i'm really happy with that! Especially considering its TOTM haha! I've officially lost a stone! Woo hoo :bliss:

So, food diary for today -

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Half day at work today as a friend from Blackpool as an interview in York (which makes me very happy!) so i'm meeting her this afternoon for lunch at a catch up! Thinking of going to Nandos as i know i can have something thats not too bad! So basically, i dont have a food diary today at all cos i have no idea when i'll get home or what i'll have for tea!

I done slimming world to lose my weight for my Wedding and managed to get down to 9st 1 I felt really good, but afterwards went silly and in 7 months put on 1stone 10lbs :-( but did have the honeymoon and a Holiday with the children and christmas, but have started again and am loosing the weight again slowly and steady and hope this will mean I wont put the weight on so quickly next time. (what am I saying there wont be a next time as will lose lose lose ha ha) x

Haha yeah i'm worried that i will be really strict and lose all the weight i want to this year, and then put it back on before i get married but i'm still feeling really positive and dont think i will! Well done getting to your target though! I'm sure you can do it again :)

Wahoo on your loss this week, you are doing so awesome I am like a proud mother hen :)
one stone down, you hit your mini target did you not?

Have fun at Nando's - sad you are going without me! don't you dare get the platter to share haha!

xx

Well done in your loss this week! X

Thanks guys, chuffed to bits :)

Lauren - didnt end up going to Nandos! Went to slug and lettuce as its 50% off on Mondays! So dont worry, i didnt get a sharing platter without you ;)

My mini target was to lose 10% of my body weight before Saturday 24th (so gonna have a cheeky weigh in that morning) so i need to lose another 3lbs....dont think i'm gonna lose at all this week though so dont think i'll reach it (with being in Birmingham this weekend and drinking!) xx

Okay so lunch was Chicken Souvlaki, which was grilled chicken, peppers and red onion on a wholemeal tortilla wrap with houmous and a creme freiche and spring onion dip. We also shared a portion of chips (i had about 10..so not too bad!). We also had a cocktail each! So, well over my 15 syns today but it was nice to have a catch up with my friend, havent seen her for AGES!

For tea i'm making Sausage Casserole, so thats 3 syns for 3 light choices sausages, then the rest is beans, sweetcorn, red onion, peppers, mushroom and courgette.

I've walked loads today as well, much more than i normally would! So hopefully thats helped a little bit!

I've got a friend coming round for tea tomorrow night as well and we've already planned to have fajitas, but cos of the syns today i'm not going to have any wraps i'm just going to have the chicken and veg with potato wedges and use some syns on some ketchup!

I'm on a bit of a downer after kinda going off plan today...i really arent expecting to lose at all next week. We're in Birmingham this weekend for St Patricks Day and going to a Chinese Restaurant on the Saturday night, and drinking. I know i'll have a really good time and as soon as i'm there with my OH and my sister and boyf i'll be loving it, but thinking about not losing anything is getting me a bit down. Oh well, we'll see!

Back