Rachel's Food Diary! I WILL be a slim bride!

Don't be down. You've been doing so well, we need to enjoy ourselves too. Even when you're off plan I think you'll make more sensible decisions than you did before SW (ie. only eating half a bar of chocolate instead of the full one! :p), I know that's what happens with me, or at least that's the way I like to think about it - makes me feel better. As long as you get right back on it and don't punish yourself for having a good time, I'm sure you'll be fine! *hugs*

Aw thanks Toni, i dont wanna become one of those 'boring dieters' haha! I still want to be able to do the stuff i like doing and not feel guilty about it, such as going out and have a good time and a few drinks on St Patricks day! Its not like one week of STS will put me off track though, i'll just get straight back on it. You're right about making better decisions as well, i definitely wouldnt have had grilled chicken with a wholemeal tortilla wrap and shared chips with my friend if i'd have gone to Slug and Lettuce last year haha! xx

Food Diary for Tuesday

Breakfast - 28g Weetabix Mini's (HEb), Chopped up banana, SS Milk (Hea)

Lunch - McCains Jacket Potato (1 syn) with beans

Snack - Orange

Tea - 'Fajitas' (but i'm not having any wraps) so its chicken marinated in Nando's Garlic Peri Peri Sauce (0.5 syns per tbsp and it's between 3 of us so not counting any syns!) Paprika, Rosemary, Chilli, Garlic and Salt and Pepper. All fried in fry light in my wok with mushrooms, peppers and red onion. Served with SW wedges, lettuce, salsa and light sour cream and chive dips! No idea on the syns for the salsa and sour cream, gonna try and find out/work it out before i decide if i'm having any or not. Anyone have any idea? Its the ones from tesco in the plastic tubs near all the coleslaw etc.

If we decide to have a dessert i'm gonna have a mini milk (2.5 syns)

Food sounds good!
Didn't realise that McCain's jackets are 1 syn... that is interesting. Do they taste like the ones we make at home? I may get some.

Going to Morrison's for a salad box today for lunch. Wonder if I can resist the chocolate philly for £1?

Probably not

xxx

I just e-mailed you and got an out of office reply, whats all that about Lozza?! Where are you?!

Yeah, they're 1 syn cos they've been baked with oil on the skin. They're not amazing tbh, just really quick and easy. They go a bit soggy, but once i've covered it in beans/tuna salad they're fine!

Mmmm chocolate philly...

I've just had a Mint Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate Mullar light...mmm! Reminded me of something i did the other day so thought i would share with you! If you freeze the Mint mullar light it goes like Mint Choc Chip ice cream, and i blended it with my 250ml ss milk (Hea) to make a mint choc chip milkshake! It was AMAZING. It tasted so good and it was really indulgent and thick and creamy, like a real milkshake but syn free! I think that will be making a regular appearance in my SW diary.. xx

I've just had a Mint Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate Mullar light...mmm! Reminded me of something i did the other day so thought i would share with you! If you freeze the Mint mullar light it goes like Mint Choc Chip ice cream, and i blended it with my 250ml ss milk (Hea) to make a mint choc chip milkshake! It was AMAZING. It tasted so good and it was really indulgent and thick and creamy, like a real milkshake but syn free! I think that will be making a regular appearance in my SW diary.. xx

That sounds soooo yummy! I can't wait to get home and try this, especially in this warm weather! Thanks for the tip ;) x

It really was so nice! I made a milkshake for my OH using chocolate ice cream and preferred mine! I'm thinking about trying it with the toffee mullar light and banana all blended with milk! mmm!

Think i'm gonna get some toffee mullar lights and definitely try that one, i've been thinking about it since earlier today!

So i'd only had 1 syn today from my jacket potato at lunch. I was really good tonight and didnt have any wraps with my tea, just chicken, peppers, red onion and mushroom with SW wedges. I had a tbsp of Reduced Fat Sour Cream and Chive dip (3 syns? No idea really just a guess!) and a tbsp salsa (1 syn). No idea for syns on them, and i also had a mini milk (2.5 syns).

Syns for Tuesday - 7.5 syns.

Food Diary for Wednesday

Breakfast - 28g Weetabix Mini's (HEb), chopped up banana and ss milk (HEa)

Snack - Orange

Lunch - Left over fajita mix from last night (chicken, peppers, mushroom and red onion) with a Mccains Jacket Potato (1 syn) 1/2 tbsp ketchup (0.5 syns)

Tea - Homemade burgers (extra lean mince, chilli, garlic, red onion and sage) with cheese (only a tiny sprinkling of light cheese, 21g - 3 syns) and bacon with fat cut off. I'm having that with a salad (lettuce, cucumber, spring onions and peppers) corn on the cob and SW wedges. I'll have some ketchup with it no doubt! (2 syns)

Our friend is coming over for tea tonight and he has decided he wants a BBQ, so him and my OH are planning on having burgers, sausages and chicken and standing outside in the cold BBQing them....! As long as its not raining i suppose it wont matter, i think they're trying to get into the summer spirit a few months too early!

Syns for Wednesday - 6.5

Last edited:
hi rachel, iv been reading your diarys and you have really inspired me. First of all i done sw a couple of years ago to be bridesmaid and i lost 2 and half stone, i kept it off for a year and was below my acceptable lowest weight so i had to try and put some on.....well i did and ended up putting the whole lot back on. i rejoined and just cannot get my head into it. But after reading your diary's im motivated again. i just needed ideas for simple things but couldnt put them together in my head. thanks rachel and keep it up your doing fab x

Aw thank you, that's really nice! I dont think i've ever 'inspired' anyone before! Well done for getting to your Target when you were a bridesmaid, at least you know you can do it and you will do it again! I'll look forward to following your progress :) xx

its bloody hard i tell you plus this time im doing it for myself lol. mainly coz my boyfriend bought me sum very nice expensive g star jeans and i cannot fit in them :eek:((( im new to this mini mins and i might do a food diary im unsure yet. xx

It took me a long time of reading peoples diaries on here to finally decide to write one myself, but now i love it! I felt a bit silly at first but tt really helps me stay on track, especially as i'm not going to group! Everyone is so nice and supportive, and you can get great ideas for recipes etc. I'd definitely recommend doing a diary :)

iv started one im just in the middle of typing it up. just been for WI and iv lost 1 1/2 wahooo:) so chuffed with that. having tomorrow off its my birthday :-( im getting old lol xx

Well done! Thats fab! I'll go and have a nosey at your diary soon :)

Stuck to my food plan 100% today, so 6.5 syns is all i've had! I'm happy with that :)

Food Diary for Thursday

Breakfast - Weetabix Mini's (HEb), banana, ss milk (HEa), i'm addicted to this breakfast atm!

Lunch - Tuna Mayo Salad (2 tbsps light mayo, 4 syns) with lettuce, sweetcorn, cucumber and spring onion. I dont know if that will fill me up so i also have a spicy tomato mugshot :)

Snack - Orange

Tea - Prawn Stir Fry - Prawns fried with chopped tomatoes, chilli, garlic, mixed herbs and soy sauce, with carrot, broccolli, peppers, cabbage, red onion, sweetcorn, beansprouts, mushrooms with soft noodles.

Syns for Thursday - 4 syns, might have an options hot chocolate later if i'm feeling like it :)

I'm going to see Florence and the Machine in Newcastle tomorrow night - SO excited!! I wont have time to have any tea, so going to tesco tonight to get something i can eat in the car. Everyone else will be having sandwiches etc so i'm thinking of getting a small wholemeal roll as my HEb and making a chicken salad sandwich, some skips (4.5 syns), some light babybels as my HEa and a fruit pot? Does anyone else have any other ideas?? xx

Food Diary for Friday

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Low Fat Super Noodles, Toffee Mullar Light

Snack - Pineapple, grapes and mango

Tea - Chicken, cheese(HEa) and salad sandwich on a small wholemeal bun (HEb) with mayo (1 syn) Skips (4.5 syns) and more fruit. (This is for in the car on the way to Florence and the Machine, excited!!)

I'm in Birmingham on Saturday and Sunday as well, so i wont get on here to post. Here's my food diary plan for Saturday though..

Breakfast - Bacon Sandwich (fat cut off, wholemeal bread HEb)

Lunch - Chicken and bacon pasta with cottage cheese, with a pineapple, melon and grape fruit box (this will also be in the car on the way to Birmingham!)

Tea - i think we're going for a chinese, so i'll stick to something like chicken in black bean with boiled rice. We're also going out, and i'm going to try and stick to vodka/rum and diet coke but we'll see what happens...

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and i'll be back to posting on Sunday :) xxxx

Just opened my drawer and found a mini malteaster bunny i forgot was there...and now its not there anymore! So syns for Friday if i stick to my food plan will be 8.5!

Back