ProPoints Rachel's Weight loss Campaign - support appreciated :-)

Racheldublin

Hello all, lovely to meet you!

My name is Rachel and I am 24 years old and living in Dublin (my username holds no secrets!) . I am a retail Manager and am lucky and unlucky to be responsible for my Companies biggest retail outlet (as you can imagine my job is very hectic)

I have been in a relationship with my wonderful bf for almost 5 years (5 years of ice creams and take always!)

I currently weigh about 14 stone and am 5ft 5 ( I haven't been weighed in a few weeks :-( )

I have been successfully/unsuccessfully following weight watchers for 2 years having lost 2 stone along my journey and pretty much staying the same!

Tonight I had a moment! I went shopping and got a gorgeous new outfit for going out! Came home had a shower and proceeded to get ready.. Somehow I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was absolutely horrified with what I saw! I couldn't believe how big my stomach looked. I was sickened and saddened and in the end talked my bf into staying in and passed it off as being tired :-(

For years my Mam always teased me that I suffered from the opposite of an anorexia sufferer. She said that instead of looking in the mirror and seeing fat I saw skinny when I really was overweight and she was right! Something I am still suffering with today...

I loose a few pounds - feel great then stop!
I go shopping get something that looks well - feel gorgeous then stop
I put in a good run of overtime at work and tell myself I don't have time to diet - I accept this excuse and don't loose weight
I look in the mirror and think I look well and stop!

It's bizarre because in the mirror I'm happy but as soon as I see photos I realise I have a weight problem

Well, it all changes from here... I can't live my life this way...

So first thing tomorrow I'll go to Dunnes get my healthy shop in and start pro pointing again

I will follow these three rules
1- exercise every day
2- track everything
3- drink 1.5 ltr water

I'm going to take my outfit back to Riverisland and change it for a smaller size! I'll wear it out In a few weeks

Back to WW meting Tuesday - dreading it but it's gotta b done

I'm taking over my life once and for all.. I've Been overweight for as long as I can remember and this time I'm doing it for me and my happiness and health!

Life is for living not for crying and I intend to move forward from this moment,

I hope you will follow my diary which I will update daily and if anyone is in Dublin looking for an exercise buddy let me know ... I have 7 days to fill up now :)

Thanks for reading,
R xx

Ugh just got my scales working...

14 stone 8!

Shocked but not surprised,

Promise myself I'll never see that number again

2lb a week from now till Xmas will have me at 12 stone... Now if there is one gift I can give this year that's the one I want!

Xoxoxoxoxo

Hi there,we all need a lightbulb moment so don't be hard on yourself,take each day as it comes and you will get there plus you do sound like you have a pretty busy job so it's easy to put ourselves bottom of the importance list! That's great that you have a supportive boyfriend aswell :0)

Thanks bulldogdaisy!

So today went well,

Got up did the food shopping and treated myself to some nice new workout clothes!

So food diary today:

Breakfast
Smoothie made me low fat yoghurt, skimmed milk, strawberries and tea spoon of maple syrup (was delicious)
2 turkey sausages
1 egg fried
1 slice of weight watchers bread
(used 1 tbsp olive oil for all the frying)

Lunch
Weight watchers wrap
Low fat mayo
Cajun chicken
Crunchie salad
Skips from multi pack

Dinner
Amazing salmon fillet marinated in teriyaki with dill seasoning
Baked potatoe with low fat Philly

Snack
Banana and cup of tea

Water 1.5 ltrs
Exercise 40 min walk
Total pp used 29/29

Onwards and upwards for tomorrow.. Will make lunch and breakfast preparations tonight so that when the madness starts I don't get into my usual bad habit and go for take away high calorie crap

Hope u all had a great day :)

Hey welcome im lurking at the moment trying to get the courage to try yet again and your first message struck a chord with me i totally know what you mean and i am totallu the same lose a few pounds feel good stop * keep going around and around

However doing this too much has resulted in me being back to 15st 5! Largest i have ever been

Anyway good luck and keep positive baby steps and um sure you'll have the xmas pressie you want xxx

Lou* said:
Hey welcome im lurking at the moment trying to get the courage to try yet again and your first message struck a chord with me i totally know what you mean and i am totallu the same lose a few pounds feel good stop * keep going around and around

However doing this too much has resulted in me being back to 15st 5! Largest i have ever been

Anyway good luck and keep positive baby steps and um sure you'll have the xmas pressie you want xxx

Tanks Lou,I think it's good that when we do well we feel happy but ultimately it is short lived and there is always that time of the week where it won't be good enough ... Going out with your friends, a date, work even ... I just need to accept that I'm overweight and until my BMI is healthy I'll still be overweight even if I feel happy I still need to be healthy...

Anyway that's me ranting on so sorry,

Nice to meet u!

R x

jo-85 said:
Hi. Sounds like you have a real insight to what your weight loss is all about I sometimes think that's half the battle :) good luck for tomorrow sure it will be a great start :) hope you've had a good weekend x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Jo,

Having support here makes all the difference... Hope your doing well too x

Well today was another good day for me, stuck to my three rules:

Drink at least 1.5 litre water
Do some form of exercise
Track and point everything no matter how much there is lol

Breakfast
2 Wheatabix with skim milk
1 pint water

Lunch
Weight watchers wrap with Cajun chicken, mayo, salad
Muller light youghurt

Dinner
Spagetti bolonaise Weight watchers recepie with brown whole grain extra healthy pasta :)

Snack
1 banana
1 belvita youghurt bar
1 pack mini weight watcher cookies
1 cup coffee with skim milk
1 skinny latte
1 tea
... Omg so much coffee! Should start drinkin decaf!

Water... At least 2 litres I lost count after that

Exercise - 1 hour of Zumba, not sure how I'm still alive but feel great after it!

Made one extra portion of dinner to take for lunch Tomorrow also

Pro points used 33

:)

That smoothie sounds fab, gonna give that a go, I tend to use frozen fruit and I little milk to help with the whizzing up :)

becciharland said:
That smoothie sounds fab, gonna give that a go, I tend to use frozen fruit and I little milk to help with the whizzing up :)

I use strawberries, ice cubes, 75ml low fat youghurt, 150ml skim milk and 2 tea spoon maple syrup it's delish! Xxx

Hello all,

Another good day... Stuck to my three rules
1.5 ltr water
Tracked all
Exercised

So for today I had a yummy day food wise

Breakfast:
Wheatabix with skim milk

Lunch:
Spag boll from last night
Half a mullet light youghurt (it was a bit yuk the banana one)
A banana

Dinner:
50g potatoes
200g chicken fillet breast
Half a plate of veg
Gravy

Snack:
Orange and banana

Desert/special treat for moi ;-)
strawberries, whipped cream and meringue (was 6 points and totally worth it) photo attached
Cuppchino skinny
Coffee

Total point used 29
Exercise 40 min walk

Went to weigh in but some problem with my card so don't know if I'm up or down... I'm 14.7 and a half so I'll know next week how I've done. I've only just humped on the bandwagon so prob would have been up!

Going to prepare breakfast and lunch now ;-)
Think breakfast will be smoothie and belvita bar or maybe Turky sausages and weight watchers toast!

Hope everyone had a great day ;-)

image-2554719535.jpg

Glad you had a good day! What a pain about your card! Hope all ok when you go next week! Dessert looks delish and smoothie looks good to :0)

Thanks all,

Had a shitty day today boss and bf giving me hassle and worked 12 hr shift

Got my water and a small exercise walk on my lunch :-(

Breakfast
2 Wheatabix

Lunch
Chicken on weight watchers wrap

Dinner
Fish with potatoes and veg

Snack
2 skinny cuppchino
1 fruit pot
1 vodka (a large one lol)

Propoints 29/29 used

Although as I type I'm tempted to neck the bottle! :)

SUBSCRIBING!!! :)

Sorry to hear you had a shitty day love
I'm with ya on that one!

Yer food sounds lovely, gonna nick a few ideas from you

Hope tomorra is a better day :D

Back