Rachel's weight loss Journey!

Rach - don't worry about what your brain says - it will say stuff like this all your life. It's what you do about it that counts!
What dedication to find a local consultant for products - wow! Perhaps you can have a quick pop on to their scales as well. They won't be calibrated the same, but it could help keep you on the straight and narrow path of CD. I got so nuts that in the spring if I was able to travel by car, I brought my scales with me. And when I went to the US to visit my family, I had good scales shipped to their house. Again, not same calibration, but I "set" the weight of the first day as the baseline and then, over the 3 weeks I was there, monitored myself against that.

Have a great time!

Didnt go to belfast in the end, Jasmine has an ear infection and doctor said it would be very painful for her :( poor baby.

Sooo i got weighed, and i lost 1lb. i'm ok with that, havent drunk much this week, TOTM due next week (i always bloat the week before) and lots of stress with a sick child, so i was kinda expecting a small loss. And lost 4lbs the last 2 weeks so cant complain too much!

12lbs to go!!!

Sorry to hear Jasmine isn't feeling well and well done on your 1lb loss! I suspect your body needs to catch up a bit - 8lbs in 2 weeks is a lot of weight gone! And look at how far you've come!!! Inspirational. 12 little lbs to go, a few steps out to maintenance and then ... look out world, here you come!!!! :)

Its been a few days of sickness! Jasmine perked up quite nicely, but me? i have gastric flu.

its horrible!! thank god my mum came to look after me and J, cause i dont know how i would cope otherwise.

Its buggered up the diet :(

For the first day it was ok... but then i felt starving (and ill, run down) so instead of a shake i had a second bar. The next day i felt i needed food, so had some chicken breast- but it all came back up :(

Was advised by a doctor to starve for 24 hours, then have egg on toast after. so starved today... but couldn't face eating bread... dont get me wrong, the idea of toast is amazing, but i have done 16 weeks without bread, and im not meant to have it yet- its not time! lol so dramatic. So i had a chicken ommelette.

Am feeling better but am worried about how this has effected my loss... but there is nothing i can do now. just get back to normal, and see what happens on thursday.

Being sick is horrible :(

Sorry to hear you've been so ill! I hope you are feeling better and that it will all pass quickly.
From what you describe, you stuck to protein so I think you probably stayed in ketosis. While your calorie intake may have been higher than normal, your body is probably still burning fat for energy. I wouldn't give up on the weigh-in just yet - it could surprise you!

You've only got 12lbs to go :eek: Wow that is fast! Get well so you can enjoy feeling thin!!!

:( did end up having toast.... oh dear.

Well, the only positive is that i didnt binge. i didnt give in to craving. im just listening to my body and relucantly giving in to what it needs right now.

I'll probably come out of ketosis... i'll probably feel hungry for the next few days, i probably wont lose weight this week.

BUTTTT

its ok. just 12lbs to go, im gonna get back on it, lose these last few pounds and be happy!!

Wow i lost 4lbs!!!!

Only 8 to go!!

i am officially a size 14 :D my goal was 12-14 so im very happy right now. Thinking after this 8lbs and working up the steps i will be a 12 (actually wearing a size 12 top and jeggings now- but both are stretchy so i dont think it really counts haha)

Me and Jasmine are all better and i'm off to see my mum and volunteer at the hospital this weekend.

woo happy happy xx

Excellent news!!! Well done you! And you are soooooo close to goal. Woo hoo!

Lost 2lbs this week! woop.

Am finding it harder now. wanting to pick at things. only low carb things mind- chicken/ham and such... but i dont want too lose focus when im sooooo close to the end! in just a few weeks i can have a whole chicken breast and some yummy veg and salad... i just need to wait. just 6 little pounds to go.

a bit of motivation for me is im getting weighed on Tuesday next week, so only a 5 day weigh in. This is good though cause im gonna try my hardest to lose at least a pound in 5 days!

I'm feeling so good now. Am pretty much a size 12, which is so lovely. i even tried on a size 10 the other day! (it didnt fit at all, but the point is i took it into the changing room haha never ever would i have thought that would happen)

It is strange adjusting to wearing normal (not super long) tops, and figure hugging things. i have always worn baggy clothes, and now im not. I still have some lumpy bits, but generally am really happy with how i look in clothes now. and i think in 6lbs time and after the steps them lumpy bits will be a bit less lumpy. Also plan to start exercising to tone up as soon as im not ss-ing.

In other news... My ex's dad brought me a car!!! Amazing, such a lovely gesture. and will make my life so much eaiser with Jasmine and nursery/college. I also have a new phone (iPhone) and brought myself a leather jacket! (i have NEVER owned a jacket- always a long coat to cover everything) so this is lovely for me.

oooohhh also, anyone remember one of my goals was having size 14 topshop jeans? well i dont have them- but i fit in them!! (actually would probably buy a 12- although a bit tight, jeans stretch, and i have 6lbs to go :D )

Life is so good right now... cant wait to do my big new wardrobe shop!

xxxx

Congratulations!!! You are so close now and it is great to read how positive and pleased you are! I'm sure shopping is a far different experience!
When I took my 3+ week vacation in the US I purchased quite a few new clothes, but didn't go overboard cause I knew I wanted to set a new goal and lose more. Now, although my losses are slower, I'm down 7kg from the purchases and some of the clothes are starting to be a bit loose. And here I was just starting to get used to the fact that they were more figure hugging than the tunics and baggy trousers I used to wear!

You can deffo lose the 1lb in 5 days - who knows, maybe even more? Good luck!!!!

Well done... You've done amazing

only 6 lb to go, your going to be there soon

:)

xx

Right can do a proper diary entry now im on my laptop and the little lady is asleep!

4lbs this week! yaaaay.

The only thing is, my consultant came to me- so the scales could be out a bit... she weighed herself and it said she was 3lbs heavier then when she weighed herself in the morning. So with additional clothes, plus the fact you are heavier as the day goes on- they are probably just about right... but still will be happier next week when i weigh myself at hers like normal!

I have had an ok week. keep wanting to pick at food now... but only 3lbs to go! i could do that by next week! (but am thinking after a 4lber i will probably only lose 1lb, so will probably take 2 more weeks to get to goal- which is absolutly fine)

I am feeling soooo good about myself now! can fit into size 12's in most things which is lovely- i say fit, they seem tight to me, but i think thats because i am used to wearing massively baggy/long things! everyone keeps saying i look great and skinny, which is so lovely,

I do still have my mummy tummy. Stretch marks galore, and a bit of a wobble and muffin top. But im ok with these for now. Gonna start using bio oil to help the stretch marks and start exercising to hopefully tone up my tummy/back/arms.

Cannot wait to go shopping for my new wardrobe! i really like showing off my figure now- i know im not perfect, still have a few lumps and bumps but i feel soooo much better then i did 19 weeks ago!

Will i be at target next week? will i be 11 stone something? watch this space! xx

Well done... You've done amazing

only 6 lb to go, your going to be there soon

:)

xx

Thanks hun! from the look of your stats you have done very well too! xx

Congratulations!!! You are so close now and it is great to read how positive and pleased you are! I'm sure shopping is a far different experience!
When I took my 3+ week vacation in the US I purchased quite a few new clothes, but didn't go overboard cause I knew I wanted to set a new goal and lose more. Now, although my losses are slower, I'm down 7kg from the purchases and some of the clothes are starting to be a bit loose. And here I was just starting to get used to the fact that they were more figure hugging than the tunics and baggy trousers I used to wear!

You can deffo lose the 1lb in 5 days - who knows, maybe even more? Good luck!!!!

Its great isnt it?! i love getting smaller and smaller and looking better and better in clothes! Naked me still needs a bit of work lol but i dont really care about that right now! ahhh soon enough our only problem with shopping will be 'ooohhh i love that top, it looks fab, but i cant really afford it!' Cannot wait for that to be my only shopping issue! xx

Wow! You've done amazing, you'll be at goal in no time!

xx

3lbs left - you rock! What are your plans for moving to maintenance? Are you going to follow the steps out of CD?
I had to laugh when you said your size 12 clothes seemed tight. When I bought some smaller clothes this summer, I thought everything was tight for the same reason, I think, you do - we're so used to wearing baggy clothes to hide our figures/fat. Now some of my tight clothes are getting a bit lose and I've realized when I get to goal, I'm going to need to buy more clothes. Even more reason not to gain weight as this can get expensive!

3lbs left - you rock! What are your plans for moving to maintenance? Are you going to follow the steps out of CD?
I had to laugh when you said your size 12 clothes seemed tight. When I bought some smaller clothes this summer, I thought everything was tight for the same reason, I think, you do - we're so used to wearing baggy clothes to hide our figures/fat. Now some of my tight clothes are getting a bit lose and I've realized when I get to goal, I'm going to need to buy more clothes. Even more reason not to gain weight as this can get expensive!

oh yes, gonna work up the steps 2 weeks on each one, then calorie count. Might dabble in intermittent fasting to maintain but only once i feel confident that I can maintain my loss and I understand better how many calories my body needs.

I totally know what you mean about the clothes, it's strange wearing clothes that are figure hugging. Amazing though :D

Right, well I lost... 2lbs!

1 tiny little pound to go!!! Can't believe I'm so very nearly there!

so I can officially say this is my last week on ss!

gonna try and make it like my first, totally 100% and loads of water.

As of next week im on 810 for 2 weeks, then 1000, 1200 and 1500 for 2 weeks. Am looking forward to eating again, I feel very ready now.

After the steps I will do my before and afters and write up my success story! Never thought i would get here... It's so exciting!

Roll on next week and into...the... 11's!

goal next week? Oh I think so ;) x

Back