Rachel's weight loss Journey!

Hey willpowerwoman!

First week was fine thanks! And actually it's all going well, feeling very determined!

Youll smash your target I'm sure!

Flic, These night shifts are a killer! Don't know when to eat, not drinking enough, absolutely knackered! Yesterday I did an 11 hour shift without a break (had 1 pack all day!!) totally not healthy but I would have had them all if I could have!

am worried that this won't show a great loss on the scales, but at least I know it won't be because of any cheating and it should rectify in a couple of weeks when I'm back at Uni and can have my packs normally again!

On the plus, over the last 4 shifts have caught 5 lovely babies :)

Weigh in Wednesday!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, I'm sure you will have a fab loss tomorrow but I read of someone who had 12lb 1st week then 1 lb second week so I guess it all equals it's self out. Keep up the good work x x x

Good luck for your weigh in!

Perhaps discuss the best plan of action with night shifts and packs - I can't imagine how complicated it all is when you don't know whether you're coming or going? Do you have the bars at all? I find even a bite of bar keeps me going a bit longer!

How exciting to be catching those babies - I have an image of them shooting out and you, goalie style, saving them! Haha.

xx

haha old school midwives say 'pizzas are delivered, babies are birthed' so we say caught! sometimes you really do have to catch though!

sooo had my weigh in and 2lbs off this week... bit disappointed but actually, i understand it and im ok with it. I have not had nearly enough water this week and i still have 7 packs left! which means i was only on 3 a day when for my height i should def be on 4. when im on shift i often dont get a break so there were days i survived on only 2 packs... i know this isnt healthy and im going to make a concious effort to ALWAYS have my 4.

SO plan, drink 2.5ltrs a day and have all 4 packs every single day.

and fingers crossed for a nice chunk off next week! im 98% sure i will be in the 13's next week which is very exciting too! xxx

haha old school midwives say 'pizzas are delivered, babies are birthed' so we say caught! sometimes you really do have to catch though!

sooo had my weigh in and 2lbs off this week... bit disappointed but actually, i understand it and im ok with it. I have not had nearly enough water this week and i still have 7 packs left! which means i was only on 3 a day when for my height i should def be on 4. when im on shift i often dont get a break so there were days i survived on only 2 packs... i know this isnt healthy and im going to make a concious effort to ALWAYS have my 4.

SO plan, drink 2.5ltrs a day and have all 4 packs every single day.

and fingers crossed for a nice chunk off next week! im 98% sure i will be in the 13's next week which is very exciting too! xxx

2lb off is 2lb gone, don't be to hard on yourself.

Up your water and make sure you have all your products, I know sometimes we don't fancy them but at least you know a few things which may give you a bigger loss next week and no doubt you will be its the 13's next week :)

Love that saying!

Any loss is still a loss - and 2lb is heading in the right direction! Hope you have a more settled week of products and see that scale move a bit more.

Not sure what my scales will show this week...TOTM has appeared out of the blue and i've got a cold...not expecting miracles!

xx

am really on it today! 1ltr of water down so far (i know its a bit late in the day but i will do 2.5!) and have had 3 products. Got a lovely bottle of fizzy (water haha) and another pack for this evening once Jasmine's in bed.

It's shifts where i struggle, trying to learn and work is so hard and time consuming, when im there i forget to eat/drink, and that was the same when i was eating food, i would go 14 hours with nothing, then come home and order a massive pizza and sides!

But really, its an excuse. maybe a fair excuse, but still, if i try really hard i can make sure i eat and drink. noone will think less of me for popping in the staff room for 5 mins to have a drink and a shake, the women wont mind if i bring a bottle of water into their rooms, i just need to create new habits. NO MORE EXCUSES!

am really on it today! 1ltr of water down so far (i know its a bit late in the day but i will do 2.5!) and have had 3 products. Got a lovely bottle of fizzy (water haha) and another pack for this evening once Jasmine's in bed.

It's shifts where i struggle, trying to learn and work is so hard and time consuming, when im there i forget to eat/drink, and that was the same when i was eating food, i would go 14 hours with nothing, then come home and order a massive pizza and sides!

But really, its an excuse. maybe a fair excuse, but still, if i try really hard i can make sure i eat and drink. noone will think less of me for popping in the staff room for 5 mins to have a drink and a shake, the women wont mind if i bring a bottle of water into their rooms, i just need to create new habits. NO MORE EXCUSES!

As you know My job is also shifts, not quite as bad as yours but I always used to either go 12 + hours without eating or a shift picking all day at the 1st class goodies? however when I was last on this I made such a effort to keep a shake or bar in my work bag and always made time for it. What I always notice is how bad other people's habits are :)
I guess it's about putting ourselves 1st for a change even if it is literally 5 mins to have a shake.
You deserve to be your own priority hunni, like you say its just about creating new habits x x x

Well done rach with your water yesterday - I find being in the office much easier to drink what I need to - I have a pint glass on my desk and have 2/3 in the morning and the same in the afternoon!

I used to hate sparkling water, but now, it's such a treat! haha.

xx

See if i drink out of a glass i leave loads, so im buying bottled water now, and i do actually drink it woo! seems like a waste of money buying bottled water but if it makes me drink i will take the hit!

sooo... 6lbs this week!!

Very happy with that. i was hoping for a big loss, as i only managed 2lbs last week and i've been chugging water all week but 6lbs is more then i was expecting so im chuffed!

See if i drink out of a glass i leave loads, so im buying bottled water now, and i do actually drink it woo! seems like a waste of money buying bottled water but if it makes me drink i will take the hit!

sooo... 6lbs this week!!

Very happy with that. i was hoping for a big loss, as i only managed 2lbs last week and i've been chugging water all week but 6lbs is more then i was expecting so im chuffed!

Wow Rach, 6 lb is a great loss, well done my lovely. I buy water Evian 750 ml bottles and refill them when I'm at home.
For me they are the best size, at work our comp bottles water is only a 330ml bottle so I always feel as though I have to drink loads of them.

Well done again love you must be thrilled with this weeks loss x

What a fab loss! Well done! And stellar work chugging that water. I have a refillable bottle at home which i keep topped up and at work I have a pint glass. That and copious cups of fruit tea keep me going!

xx

Well only 1lb this week, but im ok with it! i know ive been sticking to it, and i did lose 6 last week, so its all good!

Got a weekend away to devon coming up with 2 friends and all our kids! its Halloween weekend. I'm going to stick to the plan as much as possible but there will be dinners out and drinks... its mine and jasmines first little holiday so im going to go a bit off plan, but try to limit the damage as much as possible!

1lb is still 1lb! :)

Have a fantastic holiday with your little one and friends! That same weekend, i'm heading up to York to meet some friends for the day. We'll only have lunch together so I can treat it as an SS+ day, hopefully!

xx

Well only 1lb this week, but im ok with it! i know ive been sticking to it, and i did lose 6 last week, so its all good! Got a weekend away to devon coming up with 2 friends and all our kids! its Halloween weekend. I'm going to stick to the plan as much as possible but there will be dinners out and drinks... its mine and jasmines first little holiday so im going to go a bit off plan, but try to limit the damage as much as possible!
Rach I think the losses equal themselves out, a bigger one followed by a smaller one, where as some people have steady mediocre losses. Your Halloween weekend sounds fab :)

I can attest to this - see the last two weeks of my losses!

Hope last weeks huge loss doesn't mean I have another small one this week! :-(

Have a great weekend Rach!

xxx

Thanks lovely ones!

yeah i agree, im not too fussed with the 1lb. i remember in 2012 i had a few weeks of just losing 1, but it never lasted! i was losing 3 and 4lbs right up until goal, so that thought is keeping me going! Also i really needed a wee when i got weighed too which probably wasnt the brightest idea (for a second, i actually considered hiding somewhere outside to wee before i went in, then realised how insane and gross that was!!!)

Off for a spa day on sunday which i'm really looking forward too! my friend is coming up from bournemouth (where i used to live) to see me, so i'm treating her to spa and lunch. I'm turning sunday into a ss+ day and will have chicken salad with lunch which will be nice.

oh not sure if i said (i think i mentioned it on Flics diary actually) but i was planning to buy some tupperware in prep for maintenance to freeze meals (to control portion size... i wont feel like i have to eat everything i cook!) and to take salads and healthy lunchs into uni, well i got some and they are sitting in my cupboard ready for a few months time!

Next on my list, slow cooker and recipe book!

Also bought a few low cal cookery books to start planning some healthy future dinners.

Am looking forward to maintenance this time- im prepared for the hard work to begin!

Thanks lovely ones! yeah i agree, im not too fussed with the 1lb. i remember in 2012 i had a few weeks of just losing 1, but it never lasted! i was losing 3 and 4lbs right up until goal, so that thought is keeping me going! Also i really needed a wee when i got weighed too which probably wasnt the brightest idea (for a second, i actually considered hiding somewhere outside to wee before i went in, then realised how insane and gross that was!!!) Off for a spa day on sunday which i'm really looking forward too! my friend is coming up from bournemouth (where i used to live) to see me, so i'm treating her to spa and lunch. I'm turning sunday into a ss+ day and will have chicken salad with lunch which will be nice. oh not sure if i said (i think i mentioned it on Flics diary actually) but i was planning to buy some tupperware in prep for maintenance to freeze meals (to control portion size... i wont feel like i have to eat everything i cook!) and to take salads and healthy lunchs into uni, well i got some and they are sitting in my cupboard ready for a few months time! Next on my list, slow cooker and recipe book! Also bought a few low cal cookery books to start planning some healthy future dinners. Am looking forward to maintenance this time- im prepared for the hard work to begin!

That's the spirit,
I've bought a CWP Meeks book & also a low carb meals book. I do agree it's all in the planning ?

Back