Rachieroo .....

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
I know you cook chicken in the slow cooker please could you tell me how?!

do you just put it in with water? or do you use low fat natural yog?

Just wanting to get a few recipes down thats all for when im on refeed :)

xxx

hey tanya i just typed you a massive long message and just lost it !!!! Oh bum!!! Hold on hun....

Right then I discovered you could 'steam' chicken for reefeeding. Wish I had discovered that years ago, as prior to LT I only ever used slow cooker for casseroles/stews.
So just get raw chicken, season, add herbs if desired add a small cup of water and leave on low setting. I go out about 815am back about 6pm and chicken is perfect!
Just use your imagination hun...you can add any herbs/spices/sauces. I rub chinese 5 spice/thai 7 spice on mine a lot or paprika/pesto/mango chutney.
Or yogurt and curry powder (tikka) just make sure that whatever you put in the slow cooker there is plenty of moisture to help it ccok.
Today I rubbed swartz barbeque seasoning onto mine with cup of water. I came home at lunchtime and added new potatoes, when I came home I just did some veg and it tasted just like proper tasty roast chicken! Yum!
Just use your imagination hun and don't forget you can do it with any meat I put mince and a jar of bolognaise sauce, you can make a nice chilli or put a joint of lamb in too!
Also thousands of slow cooker recipes on tinternet! Good luck to my fellow baker!!!! (have you made anythin nice lately by the way?)

ooooh cool thankyou so much chick!

one thing, doesnt the water make it really runny (the sauce) or does it reduce down?

No not made anything yummy lately, attempting home made garlic bread on saturday and possibly a quiche but i will probably make the quiche in the week! :)

It does tend to reduce down hun, but I'm a bit of a chuck it all in and see gal! x

lol!!

so if i wanted to marinate chicken with natural yog and spices just bung it all in the slow cooker but at a little water too? or will it cook even with just the yog? xx

It will cook just with the yog babes but add a bit more than just coating the chicken as it will reduce, or I guess you could add a little water instead, would be quite thin though!
Ohh let me know how the quiche turns out!!! Yummmm!!!xx

will do honey!

oh, i made home made burgers last weekend for my brother and bf - my brother gave them 10 outa 10!! haha he's just asked me to make em again tomorrow for him and his 2 mates that are staying over lol

if you'd like i can send you the recipe - that is if you dont already have one! lol

Iv just done another shop on that compare supermarket site - im getting quite excited now about eating again! lol got so many recipe ideas!!!!

ohh yeah send me the recipe. I've made another of my low fat tiramisu tonight.It was scrummy last time. Will let u know wot its like tomorrow x

Glad you asked about that Tanya as I was wondering too ...... sounds FAB ..... all I need now is a slow cooker :eek: xx

Asda do a smartprice one...its £9.90. I have their smartprice blender its really good.my slowccoker is about 30 yrs old it was my mums! x

Oooo ta - I might have a look at that! x

Rachieroo is the slow cooker queen, I still havent got around to buying one yet, but I do boil my chickens now, so much more moist and I save the stock for making broth.

Blimey - there's so many different ones, types, sizes etc. How do you decide what to get???!!!

Blimey - there's so many different ones, types, sizes etc. How do you decide what to get???!!!

really? As I say mine eons old its just a swan model very basic with auto/low/and high switch and I use it or most things (as you all know!!) :D

Back