Ramblings of a Bride To Be....

natalie2614

Hi Everyone!
So like Ive said I need the motivation and support to finally get rid of this weight and Ive deceided to do it in the form of a 'diary' like so many others on here. Although mine will be centred around my journey towards the altar, its still all forms part of my reason for weight loss as I refuse to be a fat bride and I refuse to be a fat mummy. I want to loose this weight to be healthy when I eventually get pregnant to give my kids the best possible start in life, and also increasing my chances of conceiving first time round with no difficulties.

I'll update with my food, exercise (if any cos im a lazy sod!) and of course my general ramblings! Feel free to leave me a reply, it will brighten my day :D

Today:

B: 2 Weetabix, banana, satsuma
Mid morning snack: WW yogurt
L: tuna, sweetcorn, beetroot and satsuma, WW yogurt (they need eating lol)
T: colmans Season and Shake Sausage and Herb mix (6.5 syns for the bag), with WW sausages x 3 (0.5 syns each), with mash and mixed veggies.

So today has gone completely to pot. Started great with chopped banana and yoghurt with a cuppa. Car then went in for an MOT and failed miserably and I ended up with a £465 garage bill :( the other half bailed me out thank god. So needless so say I wasn't in the mood to food optimise at all! The mince pies got attacked as well as the Christmas cake. However I've done a huge amount of walking today which might compensate for the crap I ate

I had a healthy tea though of steamed haddock, savoury rice and peppers and mushrooms. Back on track tomorrow hopefully. What a crap start to 2012!!

So to kick start me back on my weight loss train, I found my Joes sausages in the freezer at mums last night so Ive cooked them for lunch today on two slices of bread (HEB) making my lunch syn free. The sausages were bought in bulk just before Joes had the slimming world authentication certificate removed. Cooked them on the george forman this morning and they taste just as yummy as i remember!

Breakfast was a banana, and WW yoghurt with a cuppa. And for tea is the Egg Chip and Pepper bake with some extra stir fry veggies. The other half is really excited about this, he loves the SW chips and eggs and he's having a bit of bacon with his. I wont have used any syns today so I'm going to treat myself to a small slice of christmas cake :D

Need to do some more body magic tonight though so might go for a walk along the canal, with my iPod. I did loads on Saturday night and by the time I got home and sat down my legs felt like they were going to drop off! Wouldnt mind walking, but said iPod had died a death so it was quite boring!

Ive just realised I'm rabbiting on and I havent introduced myself or told you anything about me, how rude!

My name is Natalie, I'm 23, and I finally took the plunge on NYE and moved in with my partner of almost 7 years and we got our first flat together. He has lived in house shares previously after moving out of his mums at 18, and I lived with my mum up until we moved in together last week.

I got together with the other half in April 2005 after meeting him through cadets. We've known each other since we were 12 and had finally got together when we were 16. We got engaged May 2007 with our engagement party in August 2007 (some of the family didnt approve as we got engaged at 18 so we left it a while before we had our celebration to let the dust settle). We've set the date for the big day and then he's also applying to go in the forces full time.

We have quite a hectic lifestyle, hes in uni full time and I work full time. Plus we're both still in cadets as adult volunteers which is like having a second job most of the time. He is also in the reserves which is another night of the week taken up. So we have to plan a lot!

This goes for meals too, and the other half is really good at helping me plan meals SW style, and everything Ive served up hes finished and asked for more! Compliments to the Chef (me :) ) and SW for providing the recipies. He tells me off when I want to eat nauighty things and makes sure I syn them. Hes also trying *failing miserably* to get me to go the gym and do circuit training with him. Good luck with that! But at least hes helping.

So in a nutshell thats us, and me!

So we went for our walk last night (he ended up tagging along) and it was only half an hour but its up and down the steps/bridges to the canal. Going to do tomorrow night once my mum has been and then again on Friday night and make it a regular thing until I get my TV back so I can use my Wii and Wii Fit games. Ive got no room for it until we sort the flat out!

Food wise we did well last night, egg chip and pepper and onion bake which wasnt amazing, with beans. My SW style chips were an epic fail! Far to amemic! We had a choc chip muffin for afters which was my only syns for the day. And then we had our walk, and I went to bed early after my shower because we still have no heating in the flat and the landlord/estate agents dont seem too interested in sorting it out! :mad: However, I think the genius in me has found a manual for the thermostat online so we may have heat tonight after all! Woo!!

Tea will be good old mushy pea curry, but Ive got no chicken so Im using sausages instead! WW ones, should be interesting to say the least!

I gained half a pound last night at weigh in! Can honestly say I don't know where it's come from either. Not impressed. The consultant asked if it was my star week and as I'm on the implant and don't have them as such I don't know if my body is just going through the motions as such. So she's asked me to do a food diary this week, make sure I weigh and measure my healthy extras and count my Syns.

So, the line is drawn, start again today!

So its been a while since Ive updated this, Im going to try and keep it updated...will probably fail like im failing at loosing weight! I seem to have plateuod (sp?) and cant get back to my 2 stone off weight (14st13lb).

Ive got so much going on at the moment, other half is preparing to deploy for the olympic security job, then again in September for 5 months. We're also moving house the end of the month (think of all that body magic!) so thats a big stress!

And of course the wedding...

So I'll try and be good, current weight is 15st 4.5lb but thats without a weigh in this week. Going for a trip to boots at lunch to see if i did actually loose anything, but I know to take it with a pinch of salt as boots can be dodgy.

Breakfast this morning was weetabix, toffee muller and milk from allowance with strawberries. yum! lunch is tomato & herb mugshot with a side of cucumber and tomatoes (is actually 1/3 of my plate lol) and ham. Bit random cos I havent cooked any lunches properly for work.

Tea planned for lamb, mixed veggies and new potatoes. with a bit of gravy (2 syns)

Edit: didn't bother with salad cream so no Syns so far today. Got more salad from tesco instead, no dressing in it either.

Last edited:
Boots weighed me at 15st 5lb :(
I was expecting it but still doesn't make it any better.

So far so good. Almost through day two of my restart. I'm more focused and determined and I'm convinced that this site is the reason. The success stories are a huge help (as well as photos) and there's so many nice people waiting in the wings to help.

Inspiration also came from this :

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your syns a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!

So the weekend was a write off (very little control over my food!) Start a fresh today. Making a tuna pasta bake for tea (without the cheese though it's giving me belly ache!) and planned it to be a sun free day to try and recoup some of the weekend damage.

Keep going Natalie, head up and start fresh again today!!

Thanks, it must have worked. 1.5lb off :D

Hoping for another 1-2lb next week. slow and steady wins the race.

The new hifi bars are amazing! Heaven with a cuppa, feel like Im being really naughty!

Another half a pound off. Still a loss!

and another half a pound last night! Havent been really good so I probably didnt deserve that even but a loss is a loss!

Moved on to red days for a change as I normally do extra easy and I think Ive become too lazy and complacent with the plan. I now HAVE to check my book as I dont know the plan that well. Plus it fits my lifestyle a little easier as I cant always get out to get lots of fresh veg or fruit to fill my plate 1/3 of superfree!

My birthday is on saturday so that is the only day I might falter on plan, other than that I should have no excuse not to have a good loss next week!

Oh and Im ordering my wedding dress on saturday - major kick up the behind!

So since posting last Ive had:
Maintain
Maintain
1lb gain
2lb loss

Need to get a grip of myself.

I drank more green tea this week, cut out my biscuit habit and increased the body magic, seems to have worked a treat! So more of the same this week. Dont think I'll make my 6 months to sexy challenge but I'll have a good stab at it.

Back