Ramblings of a Panicker! (I ask lots of questions and would love answers and tips)

Emma3334

Silver Member
Hello,
I dont know if anyone will read this or reply but just thought Id write things down.

Im 24 years old. I first started Cambridge in October last year weighing in at 15 stone 7lbs, Im 5'8 so this deemed me as obease.
I was so upset and knew I needed to do something.

I stuck with it and from October to January I lost 2 stone 3lbs, taking me down to 13stone 4lbs. I was happy with the progress considedring Id had a few Christmas nights out/meals, Christmas and New Year.

However then I well and truley fell of the bandwagon and have done nothing but eat rubbish since the start of Jan. I decided to start again and got weighed with a new consultant ( my last one was awful, very unsupportive) and weighed in at 14 stone. I was really upset but considering what ive been eating it isnt too bad I suppose.

Im on day 7 now.
I was finding it fine at first, much better than I had the first time round, untill yesterday when temptation but itself forward at every turn, I wont go into detail as thats not fair but trust me there was fav foods everywhere BUT I RESISTED! Im proud of myself but hoping Ive had a good loss tomorrow.

What worries me and confuses me is that it has changed since I was last on it, or my previous consultant was even worse than I thought!!! Ive been told I can have 3 products and a small meal everyday on SS+. Is anyone else doing this?
Also Im FREEZING! no matter how many layers I put on, I know this is part of it, but Im also worried that this only kicked in yesterday on day 6 and not earlier!

Sorry for my ramblings I just need to vent! Thanks for listening and wish me luck tomorrow if anyone is reading this. x

I'm no expert on the ketosis but being cold is only one of the signs, so you may have got in ketosis earlier jn the week but not necessarily feel cold. This in my 4th week now but if I remember correctly I think I took me a while until I was feeling cold. Best of luck

Hey miss x I read yr post and I'm sure many will x I'm proud yr back on it after falling off the wagon and I hope u feel better now with your new consultant x best of luck for your weigh in x

Good for you that you got back on CD! And you're in ketosis for sure - tho' I didn't really start to feel cold until the 2nd week. Now some days I'm fine, some days I'm freezing! Ah well, I figure my body then has to work harder to warm me up, which uses more calories and hopefully burns more fat. :)

Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow!

awww thank you all for your replies! Was sooo nice to see!

Well I had my weigh in tonight... I lost 7lbs!!!!!!! Im so happy as yesterday I was really thinking I couldnt do it anymore. I havent really lost any inches so thinking its prob mostly water retention or something but hey the scales say 7lbs down so im now 13 and a half stone. Nearly back to where I was before I fell off the wagon woopwoop!

My mum is doing it too but having 3 products and a mini meal, she lost 6lbs and a massive 6inches all together!

We are in a happy household tonight!

Does anybody else have the moose stuff? We got it for the first time and im just about to try a choc one.... How much water do you add to the shake mixes? So far ive always stuck to the premade ones but the soups I add 400mls of water which is loads more than they say so am wondering if I need to do the same with the packets??

Thanks again for reading!

Congratulations to you and your mum! What great weight losses you've both had! Woo hoo! It really does keep you motivated to keep going as well, which is important.

I tried the mousse mix for the first time tonight and didn't like it at all - ended up with a thick, lumpy mixture which I ultimately threw away. After looking up how others prepare it, it appears the water must be very cold, the mousse and the shake powder must be mixed together and then everything whisked together for a couple of minutes before putting it into the fridge for 10min. I think my mistake was that the water wasn't cold enough and I hadn't mixed the powders. I hope yours worked better than mine!!! :p

Luckily for me I did all those things, I found it ok, a little blamangeie (sorry no idea how to spell what I mean I hope you understand lol) for my liking but it does make quite a lot which I think is a good change. Im not going to have it all the time but it makes a good change.

Thank you for the congratulations, it does make it all seem worth while!!

Ive commented a few times on other threads about a little trick I used last time and have used countless times already in the last week lol so thought id share it on here too as it is my own thread lol

When I want to cheat I try to imagine whatever it is I want to eat/ or am about to eat (lol) like an hour later all cold and conjealed... this works great with cheesy things for example I imagine a cold ham and cheese panini all cold, conjealed and stale then suddenly I dont fancy eating it anymore! I know its abit gross but it helps me! I also think is that sandwich/bite of cake etc worth all the money ive spent on the products Ive had so far... again suddenly that sandwich isnt that appealling knowing its gonna cost me £50!!

Well Im on day 9... today wasnt too bad I just feel like its been ages since my weigh in (it was yesterday!!!!!!!!!) I loved the feeling yesterday knowing id lost 7lbs but I want to have that feeling again that one seems so distant! Lol think im going mad! Obv the answer is to stick to it and then ill hopefully have a good loss Tuesday ( getting weighed a day late cos of Easter) but I want the loss nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!

I only like the veg soup, choc pre made shakes and the maple porridge Im just in a vile mood tonight so suddenly feel like I hate them all lol.
Urghh yuk.

Right I apologise to anyone reading this, Im annoying myself!

Im back again lol just so restless!
I miss food tonight but at the same time I dont want to eat it. Its all very strang how much this diet changes your thinking about food. In the past id prob go get a bag of crisps just bcos... now I think thats madness. If I had a meal on a plate and was full Id think aww just finish it theres not much left, again now I think its madness!

Is anyone else having the mini 200cal meals on SS+?? If so what are people having?? Ive ended up having scrambled egg and cucumber or lettucey stuff with chicken lol.
The protein amount seems like so so much, does anyone else think so too??

Thanks guys

Im back again lol just so restless!
I miss food tonight but at the same time I dont want to eat it. Its all very strang how much this diet changes your thinking about food. In the past id prob go get a bag of crisps just bcos... now I think thats madness. If I had a meal on a plate and was full Id think aww just finish it theres not much left, again now I think its madness!

Is anyone else having the mini 200cal meals on SS+?? If so what are people having?? Ive ended up having scrambled egg and cucumber or lettucey stuff with chicken lol.
The protein amount seems like so so much, does anyone else think so too??

Thanks guys

hello 7 lbs is wicked well done on ss+ u can have fish/chicken/cucumber/etc so u ate the right foods. enjoy x

Danii- thanks for the well done, it means even more tonight with my mood like this lol.

I know its the right foods but I just dont really know how to make a normal type meal as we arent allowed dressing yet so salad is dry and scrambled egg and cucumber doesnt really go lol. What does everyone else eat???

Also Danii what is Exante?

Danii- thanks for the well done, it means even more tonight with my mood like this lol.

I know its the right foods but I just dont really know how to make a normal type meal as we arent allowed dressing yet so salad is dry and scrambled egg and cucumber doesnt really go lol. What does everyone else eat???

Also Danii what is Exante?
You can have low fat cottage cheese also??

Exante is just like CD just that I buy my packets online and don't have a consollor I weigh myself at home. I have bars soups , porridges, shakes just like CD. Works out cheaper to £25 a ;)

U can have prawns also??

i have brocoli. spinach and eggs - thats quite eatable! also stir fry prawns with any of the green veg on list. and chicken with mushrooms in tin foil in the oven with a bit of green veg - also nice xxx

Dani Id love it to be cheaper, but think I need to CDC! Its the guilt that keeps me going sometimes lol.

BellBell broc, spinach and eggs sound nice I guess.
Im just picky which doesnt help, I dont like prawns or mushrooms which is annoying!!
I need to figure something out that is kind of wet if you know what I mean, try food is just awful!

Thank you both for commenting I really appreciate it x

Just wanted to say well done on the 7lb loss, that is fantastic ! Keep up the good work and good luck for your next weigh in x

Angel thank you very much!
Tuesday cant come soon enough!

Well today I feel much better just cold.
I had a shake for breakfast as Ive ran out of porridge, drank a few cups of black tea this morning, then had a veg soup for lunch with a pint of water.

Finished work a bit earlier than normal so I went to the gym, oddly I have more energy to go since Ive been doing the CD, I know im not really meant to go but just been taking it easy and doing some weight classes and not really much cardio so im hoping itll be ok. Havent felt light headed or anything.

Now its 8.20 and Im just about to have my 3rd product out of 4, I was going to have a mini meal and even bought some fish and leeks to have but just not feeling hungry at all so going to have a shake instead.

Im wondering if it will be detrimental to not have a 4th product????? I missed quite a few 4ths last week and still had a good loss but you nearly always do on week one? hummmm not too sure! When I did the diet last time I used to have a good loss week then a rubbish one, itd be like 4/5 then 1, all the time. Does anyone else have this?

Hope im not boring anyone reading this I did warn you I would ask lots of questions....

Thanks x

Hi, congrats to you and your mum for a great loss :)

I've pretty much done the 3 shakes plus small meal since the start and that and SS have both given me similar results so I've stuck with the 810. Most days I just have chicken with veg, either sprouts/runner/cabbage, lately I've been adding different sauces like reggae sauce to spice things up a bit.

As for the coldness, I got that near the start but it lessens as you go on. I'm still colder than I was at the start but then again I do not have so many layers lol :D

Gl on your journeys.

Davee- YOU HAVE SAUCE????!!!
Omg I was told noooooooooooooo sauce or anything wet lol.
Is this allowed?!! Please tell me it is, and if so what sauces can I have???

Davee- YOU HAVE SAUCE????!!!
Omg I was told noooooooooooooo sauce or anything wet lol.
Is this allowed?!! Please tell me it is, and if so what sauces can I have???
Hello chick please be very careful of any foods that are not listed in your cwp booklet. Sauces are not allowed they all have hidden salts/ sugars/ carbs that can easily knock u out of ketosis..! Just not worth doing really? But up to u of course :) :) lol from experince once u start tweaking the diet it can become hard to follow..!!
Hope your ok :)

Back