Ramblings of a Panicker! (I ask lots of questions and would love answers and tips)

Tizzy- Thank you sooo much, im so happy! first goal reached, second goal is in sight! Woopwoop.

Angel- thanks for reading me lol it makes me feel so much better when I log and on ive got replies (same to everyone replying to me :) )
Im not sure its on sky! I just flick and find it sorry I cant be more helpful!! Its great motivation like ive said it should be torture but for some reason it just makes me not want to eat! Anything like that Im loving lol

Hello all / anyone

Well I woke up this morning feeling awful, really sore thought aching head but not a head ache if that makes any sense. Rubbish.
I had my shake and went off to work still feeling smug from my weigh in last night.
A friend asked me to pop out with her at lunch time, but at 12 rather than normal 1, to look at something for her wedding. We got back at 12.45 so I thought Ill make my soup and have it at my desk, itll warm me up and get me through the afternoon..... oooooo nooooo silly me blumming forgot it didnt I!!!!
So there I was full afternoon ahead of me, hadnt had anything since 8am cant leave till 5.30! The only thing at work is a vending machine..... AHHHHHHHHhhh

Well I was good I resisted, I had nothing!!! By home time I felt even worse, I got in, drank a shake in less than a min (it normally lasts at least 10) then felt so sick I havent had anything since! lol
I feel rubbish and want some toast, I MUST NOT EAT TOAST!!!

To top it off my best friend has split up with her bf and wants to go out on Sat, I might have mentioned this before?? I said Id go but just not drink fine... everyone else has now let her down... shes going on and on about how she cant drink on her own as shes already miserable! I dont know what to doooooooooooooooooo.

HELP!

Is the point of Sat night to go to a bar and get blitzed or to go have fun? If latter, then perhaps you can go dancing somewhere? Then she won't be so focused on drinking/drinking alone and you both can have some fun listening to music, dancing (and extra bennie - burning calories) and flirting! ;) And if you do have a drink then perhaps (a) you can ask bartender to make non-alcoholic versions of whatever you're drinking or (b) have something low carb - I believe people have gin & tonic or vodka and ?? as low carb drinks (am sure you can google this). If you stick to only 1-2 you should be ok and your friend won't be drinking alone.

The challenge of CD is that the rest of your life sometimes gets in the way.... It's good practice for how we will manage our lives after CD. :)

yay look at you shrinking :) well done.

You and me both on saturday ive got mty friends party up town and im going to be drinking coke.. but will tell others im drinking vodka coke ;) please dont feel pressured to drink cuz sunday u will regret it hon.

have a fabby day x

Danni- I LOVED your shrinking comment!!! HEHE!!

Danii and Tizzy- I know I shouldnt have to drink to have a good time blah blah blah but the truth is I hardly ever ever go out drinking with friends, and I just feel like Im missing out. I want to go and have a few drinks and just forget all about this silly diet and not having a life apart from soup and shakes!! I was going to go up to step 3 to do it but should really have done that today but I havent. Ill have to decide tomorrow if Im going to or not. Id rather not so ive had another full week being a good girl lol especially as I havent had time to go to the gym since last weigh in and I dont think Ill have time to go even once over the weekend. AHhhh I just dont know.
Will a few vodka diet..... do that much harm??

P.s LOVE that you said Im shrinking!

Everybody is different. I've had a couple of glasss of wine on the diet when out with friends (have done this 2x). I think it slowed the weight loss but didn't stop it. And wine is pretty high in sugar, so worse than vodka. I did feel the effects of the wine more strongly than I was used to which is probably normal as haven't been drinking. So, if you have a few drinks make sure you accept there may be an impact on the diet, don't beat yourself up just get back on CD and ... watch out cause the drinks may hit you harder than usual!

Have fun! :)

O im so confused tonight, id totally decided not to drink at all and just have water with maybe a lil treat of diet coke.
But tonight me and the OH have had a bit of a **** argument over nothing and Im really down now, I just feel like thinking F*** it ill just go out have a few drinks and get rat arsed and have a good night. I know thats the wrong attitude to take but its how im feeling.

Id totally decided cos next week ive got to go onto stage 3 for thurs,fri and sat cos I have a big night out that I cant not go to and im excited to see ppl from uni that I havent seen since I started losing weight in October so Im 2stone 7lbs lighter (hopefully more come monday) ooo I just dont know.

I know im making no sense. Im sorry.
If I decided tomorrow to drink then what should I eat during the day so Im not sick??

Also no matter how much I drink at the moment I ALWAYS have a dry mouth/!!

come on due an update?? did u go out and what did u have?

Hope today is a better CD day LOL ;)

Hello you!!! I have loved catching up with your diary and your amazi g weight loss so far. Hope you had good nite with your friend
Luv Sharon x

Danii- Im sooooooooooooooooo low today! I went out on sat day had grilled chicken and salad, then on the night I was trying to get dressed but nothing fit at all I ended up in floods of tears surrounded my clothes that didnt fit. I should of been happy but it just made me still feel like the fat girl with nothing to wear lol how stupid is that ahy?
So I eventually went out, feeling crap. Ordered a diet lemonade and vodka, then my friend went and got me one, she came back saying "o they dont do diet lemonade so your first one must be normal and they serve doubles as standards" so suddenly Id had 4 vodka with normal fat lemonade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This put me in such a vile mood I stopped drinking and went home early.

Sharon- Thank you its nice to hear people are reading my rubbish ramblings lol. Thank you for the support x

I got weighed tonight..... though at least I didnt drink all night, and I managed to fit in 2 gym sessions since I got weighed last week on Tuesday.
IVE STAYED THE SAME!!!!!!!!!! FUMING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lost a few inches but I just feel so dishartened. So So annoyed when Ive stuck to the diet 100% apart from the naughty lemonade which wasnt my fault! Ive been to the gym and occassionally missed products. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey hun. Be careful with accidentally skipping products as it can slow down your loss as you're not getting enough nutrients and your body can't cope. Same for exercising, don't push yourself too hard.

Keep on though it will all be worth it in the end and make sure you have enough water.x

Also, you're losing inches which is fab!

Saphire- I know I shouldnt miss them but just dont feel like I need them sometimes. When we did CD first time round my mum was just on 3 which isnt allowed now, but if I have 2 products and then a small meal I think itll be ok.

Im just going slow at the gym and doing cardio more than weights.

Im just gutted I feel like packig it all in x

You are still allowed 3 (ss) or you can have 3 and a small meal (ss+), or are you not in uk?
You need to think of them as medicine not food, that's the key!

If you are sticking to it mostly then it has to work, there's no way you could eat so little and not lose.x

Oh just realised you are tall, so should be 4 products not 3 on ss.
Ss+ is the same regardless of height though, and probably a better option for you if you are exercising regularly.

Hey Emma! You lost inches that is fabulous!!! Sometimes I think when you STS (stay the same) your body is busy rearranging things and this is when you notice that you have lost inches and your clothes start to fall off! :)

I'm 5'3" and on ss (3 products), but the days I work out I add protein like a hardboiled egg or some chicken. My CDC wasn't keen on my exercising (I do 250-300min cardio/week plus 2 sessions of strength training) but as I was already doing this prior to CD and I don't want to lose muscle mass, we agreed that I would add the protein. All that to say that on the days when I don't add the protein or do all 3 products, I can start to feel really dizzy when doing some activity (ie housecleaning). Saphire is right - you need to make sure your body is getting all the nutrients, otherwise it'll go into starvation mode and hold on to everything.

Hang in there and have faith - if you keep doing CD, drinking the water, your scales will respond! Your body already has by losing the inches....

Tizzy and Saphhire- I know your both right.
I know I should be having 4 or 3 and a mini meal.
I know this.
But im theres nights when im not hungry after no3 or mini meal and I dont feel I need the 4th so I dont bother cos Im only going to bed plus Im rather skint so I think if I dont need it then whats the point. If ive been to the gym I always have the proper amount though. I did this week 1 and 2 and lost 7lbs each week.
I know I cant lose that every week but I still expected a couple of lbs down.
Just soo gutted still x

Ok confession time....
last night I was so gutted after trying so hard all week and really wanted to eat but bcos id been to the dentist I could give in to temptation.
Then I went to work this morning still in a vile mood and being so down and annoyed. It was someones bday and there was a HUGE chocolate cake, I said no thank you.
Then someone came and put a piece on my desk in front of me with a spoon..... I said take it away but they left it.... I thought no I dont want to eat it, I dont need to eat it, blah blah. Then I dont know what happened but I thought well ill just try it so I ate the point (you know the tip of the triangle) it was nice but not fantastic. Great you think, she wont of had any more you think.... thats where your wrong over the next 5!!!!! hours!!!!!!!!!!! I ate the WHOLE piece! I dont know why I did it, it was nice but totally not worth chucking it all away for which is annoying!

I went to my Grandas tonight (my favourite man in the world) who offered me tea and cake, I was good and said no. He then said id lost some weight which was nice and I felt guilty about the cake.

Then I went to the OHs tonight after work id asked him to get me chicken breast and rocket, healthy. Good Emma.
I get there and hes brought legs- In all our time together Ive NEVER eaten meat off the bone EVER. And he bought strange lettuce stuff that I dont like. I just wanted to cry cos I couldnt eat any of it and he was eating pizza and chips. He offered me his which I obviously couldnt eat so I just felt even rubbisher. I thought whats the point I havent lost anything, Ive eaten cake I might as well eat pizza and chips... But I DIDNT!!

Just annoyed at myself.
I am going for a night out in Leeds this sat and will be eating and drinking-obvs ill try to limit the damange but I thought id be in the 12s by now. So now im thinking im going to end up putting on and thatll be awful. I just want to cry.

ok well today was a new day.
I didnt have anything naughty i stuck to plan, shake, bar, shake havent had fourth one though as its pretty much 10 now. Not hungry.
Im trying to drink more water though after readig stuff last night. I was drinking 4 pints=2 litres but lots of threads said 8pints=4litres is loads better and helps with the loss so thats what im trying. Only managed 5 pints so far but about to try fit in number 6.

Im moving up to step 3 tomorrow, its been so long since I did step 3 last time round its all abit foggy. Is anyone else doing it? What do you eat? Are you still losing?

Back