Ramblings of a vlcd life

I love your NSV lists! I love the towel and the 2 child victories too! And stopping the blip. Congratulations.

Sunday means non scale victory day for me, though I hit it my 3.5stone today crazy that I’m 1/2lb off 50lb loss
◦ Fit in satin pj set 12-14 ( though I like looser so will leave for a few weeks)
◦ Fit in size 14 negligee and also a 12 one ( again prefer slightly looser)
◦ Friends who train here twice a week commented on my loss ( first outside family that don’t know)
◦ Mother in law genuinely commented on my loss (complicated relationship and she’s never commented before)
◦ All pregnancy etc clothes gone
◦ Towel that didn’t close over mid section huge amount of space (measured over 8 inch overlap at my tummy)
◦ Felt comfortable seeing colleagues when I called so to office and not huge even with one of the under 30 lads who is a big fitness buff (wears shorts even in winter , developing fitness tools).
◦ Bought a dress wrong size but it goes on surprisingly (will be a month before I fit ) size 10 thought I’d bought size 12 (fit looked generous so thought I’d chance it to fit end of month)
◦ Green sheen wrap dress that wouldn’t even meet in the middle now fits (I prefer a more modest wrap across the legs though so wait and let the wrap cross over more)
◦ Can see my thighs are no longer huge, the bottom of my thigh is.
◦ I was able to carry my wee one up and down a few flights of stairs , then it dawned on my I’m only about 3/4lb off having lost the equivalent of 2 of her!
◦ Finally after yesterday’s blip stopped in my tracks and avoided any real damage, then used it to adjust targets and get my mind straight
Well done hitting 3.5 stone and 0.5 off 50lbs!! I need to get on losing the extremely comfortable pregnancy clothes haha they give you a false sense of not digging in! The wrap dress sound lovely and what a bonus that the dress when you saw it was a size 10! Well done to you x

Sunday means non scale victory day for me, though I hit it my 3.5stone today crazy that I’m 1/2lb off 50lb loss
◦ Fit in satin pj set 12-14 ( though I like looser so will leave for a few weeks)
◦ Fit in size 14 negligee and also a 12 one ( again prefer slightly looser)
◦ Friends who train here twice a week commented on my loss ( first outside family that don’t know)
◦ Mother in law genuinely commented on my loss (complicated relationship and she’s never commented before)
◦ All pregnancy etc clothes gone
◦ Towel that didn’t close over mid section huge amount of space (measured over 8 inch overlap at my tummy)
◦ Felt comfortable seeing colleagues when I called so to office and not huge even with one of the under 30 lads who is a big fitness buff (wears shorts even in winter , developing fitness tools).
◦ Bought a dress wrong size but it goes on surprisingly (will be a month before I fit ) size 10 thought I’d bought size 12 (fit looked generous so thought I’d chance it to fit end of month)
◦ Green sheen wrap dress that wouldn’t even meet in the middle now fits (I prefer a more modest wrap across the legs though so wait and let the wrap cross over more)
◦ Can see my thighs are no longer huge, the bottom of my thigh is.
◦ I was able to carry my wee one up and down a few flights of stairs , then it dawned on my I’m only about 3/4lb off having lost the equivalent of 2 of her!
◦ Finally after yesterday’s blip stopped in my tracks and avoided any real damage, then used it to adjust targets and get my mind straight
Amazing 👏
Well done - non scale victories are so important!
But then 50lbs off is huge
When other people start to notice is when you know you look really different 😊

Well done hitting 3.5 stone and 0.5 off 50lbs!! I need to get on losing the extremely comfortable pregnancy clothes haha they give you a false sense of not digging in! The wrap dress sound lovely and what a bonus that the dress when you saw it was a size 10! Well done to you x
Thank you,now I wouldn’t wear it at this stage but it was nice

It's nice when they notice. Congratulations on shedding over a 1/5 of your starting weight. Great shrinking, Violet!

So got my 50lb loss so really delighted and feeling very much like it’s been worth it! I’m also within reach of crossing into another stone bracket next week and into the 170s the following week and hitting 4 stone loss the week after that! Been back at the vibroplate as I had been slacking with daughter home during my break. But back focused as it’s amazing for cellulite and apparently also for loose skin! Will keep it up and hopefully it will mean that I’m not demotivated towards the end by loose skin

Keeping on motoring, definitely felt like reaching for something today as global supply chain issues really causing me huge problems work wise and another Chinese port has closed 😳 however I thought that I don’t do that anymore or need food to see me through a work crisis (my role has seen numerous this last while but these are biggies). Pleased with that and keeping on with my head in the game!

So got my 50lb loss so really delighted and feeling very much like it’s been worth it! I’m also within reach of crossing into another stone bracket next week and into the 170s the following week and hitting 4 stone loss the week after that! Been back at the vibroplate as I had been slacking with daughter home during my break. But back focused as it’s amazing for cellulite and apparently also for loose skin! Will keep it up and hopefully it will
Well done on your BMI being under 30 👏
How is your skin looking now?
I worry about loose skin - my arms are just awful!
No more sleeveless tops for me
But I'm 46 so I guess it's an age thing.

Well done on your BMI being under 30 👏
How is your skin looking now?
I worry about loose skin - my arms are just awful!
No more sleeveless tops for me
But I'm 46 so I guess it's an age thing.
At 38 I’m definitely worried about it but so far so good though I noticed the web between my thumb and index a bit loose but otherwise pretty good. I have been taking collagen and hyaluronic acid supplements the last 10 weeks which should really help far better than any creams. I’ve restarted my vibroplate now to help for the rest of the journey and going to ease exercise in depending how my joints take it maybe join the local waking club on a Monday evening.. I know towards the end is key and ensuring that you are well hydrated is key also! My arms are where I’m most worried about and gonna book a lymphatic massage to tighten arm skin as I love a sleeveless top

Brilliant that you don't need to prop yourself up with food, Violet. The intermittent fasters say that skin contiinues to retract iin the months (and year or two) after you get at and stay at goal.

Keeping on motoring, definitely felt like reaching for something today as global supply chain issues really causing me huge problems work wise and another Chinese port has closed 😳 however I thought that I don’t do that anymore or need food to see me through a work crisis (my role has seen numerous this last while but these are biggies). Pleased with that and keeping on with my head in the game!

Well done on staying strong ❤️

I read once that “Food is not the problem so food will not be the answer”.

So true, but easier said than done!

I’ve been so guilty of reaching for food when under stress and pressure, but ultimately it doesn’t help as I just end up feeling worse 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope it all gets sorted and well done again on not giving in! 🙌🏼

Brilliant that you don't need to prop yourself up with food, Violet. The intermittent fasters say that skin contiinues to retract iin the months (and year or two) after you get at and stay at goal.
Excellent! I’m not stopping unless I get horrific loose skin. But definitely good to hear!

Well done on staying strong ❤️

I read once that “Food is not the problem so food will not be the answer”.

So true, but easier said than done!

I’ve been so guilty of reaching for food when under stress and pressure, but ultimately it doesn’t help as I just end up feeling worse 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope it all gets sorted and well done again on not giving in! 🙌🏼
Ah I’ll solve it, that’s my job it’s just one of those things. But so pleased that it dawned on me what I was feeling and it would have in fact had the opposite effect! Agreed it’s never the solution to stress or loneliness…

Brilliant! And good you are ready for those daily fluctuations. May the fluctuations be with you on weigh in day!

Back