Ramblings of a vlcd life

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
S: 16st9.8lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 4st5.8lb(26.43%)
Time for nsvs:
-no longer obese
-packed away more clothes that are too large or that I was only keeping as I had nothing else
-sorted out some 14s to target into including underwear which fits 😄
-been able to walk more and pain much more manageable was able to stand outside for a lifting walk with the cortège and stand outside for the funeral - the standing would have been a killer on my back before
-fitting in cardies better
-can see in the mirror a change (must take halfway progress pics) can see my feet no problem and my pouch not as big
-my husband says he sees such a difference
-wore jeans for the first time in forever (size 12 but under bump maternity jeans but none the less!)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Bertie81

S: 17st7lb C: 13st10.2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 3st10.8lb(21.55%)
Been on this 3 months and hit a magic milestone today! Now only overweight! 1lb away from 3.5stone loss and 2lb from 50lb and half way from final goal!! Bought a dress size 14 yesterday for a wedding next month- it’s gonna be a stretch and the arms are v tight but worse case I’ll get the arms taken off to make it strapless!
Well done that is a brilliant milestone!!! I bet you are thrilled with nearly half way there 😃 it’s good to have a visible goal like that a dress as you can visualise yourself in it! Well done!!

GemBino

Silver Member
S: 15st12.5lb C: 9st10.5lb Loss: 6st2lb(38.65%)
Been on this 3 months and hit a magic milestone today! Now only overweight! 1lb away from 3.5stone loss and 2lb from 50lb and half way from final goal!! Bought a dress size 14 yesterday for a wedding next month- it’s gonna be a stretch and the arms are v tight but worse case I’ll get the arms taken off to make it strapless!

This is wonderful, well done you ☺️ Amazing progress 👏🏼

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
Well done that is a brilliant milestone!!! I bet you are thrilled with nearly half way there 😃 it’s good to have a visible goal like that a dress as you can visualise yourself in it! Well done!!
Thank you it is definitely motivating as I’ve probably been overly optimistic but sure!

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
Struggles today was so tired but had my third pack early which seemed to help. Though been wiped from sat and not sure why as I haven’t been doing anything different. It’s not going to deter me from my journey but definitely wondered if my body is a bit tired

NewStart75

S: 16st8.0lb C: 13st7lb G: 11st4.0lb BMI: 29.6 Loss: 3st1lb(18.53%)
How long have you been doing LL now?
@Shrinkingvioletnomore
You're doing so well - you'll be near your goal for Halloween 🎃
We started at the same weight - I also want to loose 3st more.
It's been a slow process for me - I started calorie counting last July with so many ups and downs.
I started a VLCD last Tuesday and just weighed in and have lost 9 lbs 😁
It's probably just water weight but it's so motivating!
I'm with you till October- I have a pair of size 12 jeans with my name on 😁

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
How long have you been doing LL now?
@Shrinkingvioletnomore
You're doing so well - you'll be near your goal for Halloween 🎃
We started at the same weight - I also want to loose 3st more.
It's been a slow process for me - I started calorie counting last July with so many ups and downs.
I started a VLCD last Tuesday and just weighed in and have lost 9 lbs 😁
It's probably just water weight but it's so motivating!
I'm with you till October- I have a pair of size 12 jeans with my name on 😁
Hey yes I’ve been on for 14 weeks . I’m a slow loser but vlcd is the only way for me. The initial loss definitely helps, not all is water there’s always a pound or 2 fat in there also burnt so well done!
It’s great being able to see the process speed up and to aim for size 12 in 2 months! I was between an 18-20 3 months ago and now 14-16. I’ve bags full of gorged clothes in smaller sizes I can’t wait to wear.

Glad to have company to October, it seems a long way off but it seems like yesterday I started and take it one day at a time!

I do have a planned weekend off end of august for a wedding but taking that week as an early second week 13 as I know I will be on to mid November at this rate.

NewStart75

Hey yes I’ve been on for 14 weeks . I’m a slow loser but vlcd is the only way for me. The initial loss definitely helps, not all is water there’s always a pound or 2 fat in there also burnt so well done!
It’s great being able to see the process speed up and to aim for size 12 in 2 months! I was between an 18-20 3 months ago and now 14-16. I’ve bags full of gorged clothes in smaller sizes I can’t wait to wear.

Glad to have company to October, it seems a long way off but it seems like yesterday I started and take it one day at a time!

I do have a planned weekend off end of august for a wedding but taking that week as an early second week 13 as I know I will be on to mid November at this rate.
Size 14/ 16 is brilliant - I can't wait to be where you are!
How tall are you?
I'm 5ft 7 so I need to be around 13st to be a size 14.
October will be upon us in no time.
I'm not sure if it's because it's been a strange year but time seems to have gone really quickly!
Let's hope it goes as fast on this diet 🤣
Are you doing 3 shakes and a meal?
I'm not sticking to a plan but I'm sticking to under 1000 cals.
I've got into a routine of a shake for breakfast a high protein low carb / calorie meal for lunch and a bar for dinner.
It's still a VLCD but not as severe
I need to have flexibility around my life.
You will be fine on your planned break fir tge wedding just as long as you stay away from alcohol - it's difficult but as soon as I have even one glass of something I want to eat the entire world!

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
Size 14/ 16 is brilliant - I can't wait to be where you are!
How tall are you?
I'm 5ft 7 so I need to be around 13st to be a size 14.
October will be upon us in no time.
I'm not sure if it's because it's been a strange year but time seems to have gone really quickly!
Let's hope it goes as fast on this diet 🤣
Are you doing 3 shakes and a meal?
I'm not sticking to a plan but I'm sticking to under 1000 cals.
I've got into a routine of a shake for breakfast a high protein low carb / calorie meal for lunch and a bar for dinner.
It's still a VLCD but not as severe
I need to have flexibility around my life.
You will be fine on your planned break fir tge wedding just as long as you stay away from alcohol - it's difficult but as soon as I have even one glass of something I want to eat the entire world!

im 5,6 so similar depending on store (to be fair I’m between 5 &7 and never been measured the same twice by people)

you’ll be here before you know it! So excited I forgot I was bought a size 14 negligee by work colleagues for after baby which never fitted (was trying on the matching 12-14 pjs which fit now but I’d prefer them slightly looser and forgot there was a nightie also) it fits gorgeous and would even be tempted to wear it as a dress to a wedding I have at the end of the month 😂

I’m doing tfr as I’m a slow loser and ll is 4 packs a day. Though I go between 3 and 4 and take what I fancy as most days I don’t fancy all 4.
Different strokes for different folks I need control and structure with minimal flex lol

however my whole plan for my break is so that I can drink 😂 don’t want to be the only sober sally!!

NewStart75

im 5,6 so similar depending on store (to be fair I’m between 5 &7 and never been measured the same twice by people)

you’ll be here before you know it! So excited I forgot I was bought a size 14 negligee by work colleagues for after baby which never fitted (was trying on the matching 12-14 pjs which fit now but I’d prefer them slightly looser and forgot there was a nightie also) it fits gorgeous and would even be tempted to wear it as a dress to a wedding I have at the end of the month 😂

I’m doing tfr as I’m a slow loser and ll is 4 packs a day. Though I go between 3 and 4 and take what I fancy as most days I don’t fancy all 4.
Different strokes for different folks I need control and structure with minimal flex lol

however my whole plan for my break is so that I can drink 😂 don’t want to be the only sober sally!!
Dooo it - wear the negligee at the wedding 😁
I don't know how old you are but my niece had something on at my brothers wedding that looked like a nighty to me 🤣
she looked fabulous!
I don't blame you for wanting a drink - I miss wine and find not having a social life difficult.
It's just not the same having a glass of water when everyone else has a cocktail!
I've got a girly lunch coming up next week where I'm sure everyone will be drinking and eating yummy things.
I might cancel - I'm weak!

AliGal

Eating Like A Bear plus!
S: 22st10.6lb C: 19st6.4lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 44 Loss: 3st4.2lb(14.5%)
Just catching up! Congratulations on your new healthier body and those size 14s.

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
Dooo it - wear the negligee at the wedding 😁
I don't know how old you are but my niece had something on at my brothers wedding that looked like a nighty to me 🤣
she looked fabulous!
I don't blame you for wanting a drink - I miss wine and find not having a social life difficult.
It's just not the same having a glass of water when everyone else has a cocktail!
I've got a girly lunch coming up next week where I'm sure everyone will be drinking and eating yummy things.
I might cancel - I'm weak!
I’m at that in between age I’m 38 so probably too old but I don’t really look it and the friends that are getting married are mid forties, though one has a 17 year old and the other a 23 year old so there will be some of the younger crowd there . Yeah I dodge everything at the minute but definitely not this and want to enjoy it!

GemBino

Silver Member
I’m at that in between age I’m 38 so probably too old but I don’t really look it and the friends that are getting married are mid forties, though one has a 17 year old and the other a 23 year old so there will be some of the younger crowd there . Yeah I dodge everything at the minute but definitely not this and want to enjoy it!

Never too old to wear, say or do anything I think ❤️

I’m sure you’ll look wonderful 😊

GemBino

Silver Member
I agree 👍
It's about how you feel.
Taking the weight off makes me feel a lot younger - being heavy makes me feel frumpy and invisible.
Wear an outfit that you feel comfortable AND sexy in 😁

Definitely it’s how you feel ☺️ And a happy person and smile is also very beautiful.

I can relate to your comment on extra weight making you feel frumpy and invisible 🙈

Not anymore hey! ❤️

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
Never too old to wear, say or do anything I think ❤️

I’m sure you’ll look wonderful 😊
Very true what I suppose I mean is to feel good in it. I actually have my back up plan but think I I might get this tailored when I’ve finished as I love how it feels

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
I agree 👍
It's about how you feel.
Taking the weight off makes me feel a lot younger - being heavy makes me feel frumpy and invisible.
Wear an outfit that you feel comfortable AND sexy in 😁
Definitely I know losing makes me take better care of my skin also …

Shrinkingvioletnomore

Silver Member
Sunday means non scale victory day for me, though I hit it my 3.5stone today crazy that I’m 1/2lb off 50lb loss
◦ Fit in satin pj set 12-14 ( though I like looser so will leave for a few weeks)
◦ Fit in size 14 negligee and also a 12 one ( again prefer slightly looser)
◦ Friends who train here twice a week commented on my loss ( first outside family that don’t know)
◦ Mother in law genuinely commented on my loss (complicated relationship and she’s never commented before)
◦ All pregnancy etc clothes gone
◦ Towel that didn’t close over mid section huge amount of space (measured over 8 inch overlap at my tummy)
◦ Felt comfortable seeing colleagues when I called so to office and not huge even with one of the under 30 lads who is a big fitness buff (wears shorts even in winter , developing fitness tools).
◦ Bought a dress wrong size but it goes on surprisingly (will be a month before I fit ) size 10 thought I’d bought size 12 (fit looked generous so thought I’d chance it to fit end of month)
◦ Green sheen wrap dress that wouldn’t even meet in the middle now fits (I prefer a more modest wrap across the legs though so wait and let the wrap cross over more)
◦ Can see my thighs are no longer huge, the bottom of my thigh is.
◦ I was able to carry my wee one up and down a few flights of stairs , then it dawned on my I’m only about 3/4lb off having lost the equivalent of 2 of her!
◦ Finally after yesterday’s blip stopped in my tracks and avoided any real damage, then used it to adjust targets and get my mind straight