Ramblings of a vlcd life

Time for nsvs:
-no longer obese
-packed away more clothes that are too large or that I was only keeping as I had nothing else
-sorted out some 14s to target into including underwear which fits 😄
-been able to walk more and pain much more manageable was able to stand outside for a lifting walk with the cortège and stand outside for the funeral - the standing would have been a killer on my back before
-fitting in cardies better
-can see in the mirror a change (must take halfway progress pics) can see my feet no problem and my pouch not as big
-my husband says he sees such a difference
-wore jeans for the first time in forever (size 12 but under bump maternity jeans but none the less!)

Been on this 3 months and hit a magic milestone today! Now only overweight! 1lb away from 3.5stone loss and 2lb from 50lb and half way from final goal!! Bought a dress size 14 yesterday for a wedding next month- it’s gonna be a stretch and the arms are v tight but worse case I’ll get the arms taken off to make it strapless!
Well done that is a brilliant milestone!!! I bet you are thrilled with nearly half way there 😃 it’s good to have a visible goal like that a dress as you can visualise yourself in it! Well done!!

Been on this 3 months and hit a magic milestone today! Now only overweight! 1lb away from 3.5stone loss and 2lb from 50lb and half way from final goal!! Bought a dress size 14 yesterday for a wedding next month- it’s gonna be a stretch and the arms are v tight but worse case I’ll get the arms taken off to make it strapless!

This is wonderful, well done you ☺️ Amazing progress 👏🏼

Struggles today was so tired but had my third pack early which seemed to help. Though been wiped from sat and not sure why as I haven’t been doing anything different. It’s not going to deter me from my journey but definitely wondered if my body is a bit tired

How long have you been doing LL now?
@Shrinkingvioletnomore
You're doing so well - you'll be near your goal for Halloween 🎃
We started at the same weight - I also want to loose 3st more.
It's been a slow process for me - I started calorie counting last July with so many ups and downs.
I started a VLCD last Tuesday and just weighed in and have lost 9 lbs 😁
It's probably just water weight but it's so motivating!
I'm with you till October- I have a pair of size 12 jeans with my name on 😁

How long have you been doing LL now?
@Shrinkingvioletnomore
You're doing so well - you'll be near your goal for Halloween 🎃
We started at the same weight - I also want to loose 3st more.
It's been a slow process for me - I started calorie counting last July with so many ups and downs.
I started a VLCD last Tuesday and just weighed in and have lost 9 lbs 😁
It's probably just water weight but it's so motivating!
I'm with you till October- I have a pair of size 12 jeans with my name on 😁
Hey yes I’ve been on for 14 weeks . I’m a slow loser but vlcd is the only way for me. The initial loss definitely helps, not all is water there’s always a pound or 2 fat in there also burnt so well done!
It’s great being able to see the process speed up and to aim for size 12 in 2 months! I was between an 18-20 3 months ago and now 14-16. I’ve bags full of gorged clothes in smaller sizes I can’t wait to wear.

Glad to have company to October, it seems a long way off but it seems like yesterday I started and take it one day at a time!

I do have a planned weekend off end of august for a wedding but taking that week as an early second week 13 as I know I will be on to mid November at this rate.

Hey yes I’ve been on for 14 weeks . I’m a slow loser but vlcd is the only way for me. The initial loss definitely helps, not all is water there’s always a pound or 2 fat in there also burnt so well done!
It’s great being able to see the process speed up and to aim for size 12 in 2 months! I was between an 18-20 3 months ago and now 14-16. I’ve bags full of gorged clothes in smaller sizes I can’t wait to wear.

Glad to have company to October, it seems a long way off but it seems like yesterday I started and take it one day at a time!

I do have a planned weekend off end of august for a wedding but taking that week as an early second week 13 as I know I will be on to mid November at this rate.
Size 14/ 16 is brilliant - I can't wait to be where you are!
How tall are you?
I'm 5ft 7 so I need to be around 13st to be a size 14.
October will be upon us in no time.
I'm not sure if it's because it's been a strange year but time seems to have gone really quickly!
Let's hope it goes as fast on this diet 🤣
Are you doing 3 shakes and a meal?
I'm not sticking to a plan but I'm sticking to under 1000 cals.
I've got into a routine of a shake for breakfast a high protein low carb / calorie meal for lunch and a bar for dinner.
It's still a VLCD but not as severe
I need to have flexibility around my life.
You will be fine on your planned break fir tge wedding just as long as you stay away from alcohol - it's difficult but as soon as I have even one glass of something I want to eat the entire world!

Size 14/ 16 is brilliant - I can't wait to be where you are!
How tall are you?
I'm 5ft 7 so I need to be around 13st to be a size 14.
October will be upon us in no time.
I'm not sure if it's because it's been a strange year but time seems to have gone really quickly!
Let's hope it goes as fast on this diet 🤣
Are you doing 3 shakes and a meal?
I'm not sticking to a plan but I'm sticking to under 1000 cals.
I've got into a routine of a shake for breakfast a high protein low carb / calorie meal for lunch and a bar for dinner.
It's still a VLCD but not as severe
I need to have flexibility around my life.
You will be fine on your planned break fir tge wedding just as long as you stay away from alcohol - it's difficult but as soon as I have even one glass of something I want to eat the entire world!

im 5,6 so similar depending on store (to be fair I’m between 5 &7 and never been measured the same twice by people)

you’ll be here before you know it! So excited I forgot I was bought a size 14 negligee by work colleagues for after baby which never fitted (was trying on the matching 12-14 pjs which fit now but I’d prefer them slightly looser and forgot there was a nightie also) it fits gorgeous and would even be tempted to wear it as a dress to a wedding I have at the end of the month 😂

I’m doing tfr as I’m a slow loser and ll is 4 packs a day. Though I go between 3 and 4 and take what I fancy as most days I don’t fancy all 4.
Different strokes for different folks I need control and structure with minimal flex lol

however my whole plan for my break is so that I can drink 😂 don’t want to be the only sober sally!!

im 5,6 so similar depending on store (to be fair I’m between 5 &7 and never been measured the same twice by people)

you’ll be here before you know it! So excited I forgot I was bought a size 14 negligee by work colleagues for after baby which never fitted (was trying on the matching 12-14 pjs which fit now but I’d prefer them slightly looser and forgot there was a nightie also) it fits gorgeous and would even be tempted to wear it as a dress to a wedding I have at the end of the month 😂

I’m doing tfr as I’m a slow loser and ll is 4 packs a day. Though I go between 3 and 4 and take what I fancy as most days I don’t fancy all 4.
Different strokes for different folks I need control and structure with minimal flex lol

however my whole plan for my break is so that I can drink 😂 don’t want to be the only sober sally!!
Dooo it - wear the negligee at the wedding 😁
I don't know how old you are but my niece had something on at my brothers wedding that looked like a nighty to me 🤣
she looked fabulous!
I don't blame you for wanting a drink - I miss wine and find not having a social life difficult.
It's just not the same having a glass of water when everyone else has a cocktail!
I've got a girly lunch coming up next week where I'm sure everyone will be drinking and eating yummy things.
I might cancel - I'm weak!

Just catching up! Congratulations on your new healthier body and those size 14s.

Dooo it - wear the negligee at the wedding 😁
I don't know how old you are but my niece had something on at my brothers wedding that looked like a nighty to me 🤣
she looked fabulous!
I don't blame you for wanting a drink - I miss wine and find not having a social life difficult.
It's just not the same having a glass of water when everyone else has a cocktail!
I've got a girly lunch coming up next week where I'm sure everyone will be drinking and eating yummy things.
I might cancel - I'm weak!
I’m at that in between age I’m 38 so probably too old but I don’t really look it and the friends that are getting married are mid forties, though one has a 17 year old and the other a 23 year old so there will be some of the younger crowd there . Yeah I dodge everything at the minute but definitely not this and want to enjoy it!

I’m at that in between age I’m 38 so probably too old but I don’t really look it and the friends that are getting married are mid forties, though one has a 17 year old and the other a 23 year old so there will be some of the younger crowd there . Yeah I dodge everything at the minute but definitely not this and want to enjoy it!

Never too old to wear, say or do anything I think ❤️

I’m sure you’ll look wonderful 😊

I agree 👍
It's about how you feel.
Taking the weight off makes me feel a lot younger - being heavy makes me feel frumpy and invisible.
Wear an outfit that you feel comfortable AND sexy in 😁

Definitely it’s how you feel ☺️ And a happy person and smile is also very beautiful.

I can relate to your comment on extra weight making you feel frumpy and invisible 🙈

Not anymore hey! ❤️

Sunday means non scale victory day for me, though I hit it my 3.5stone today crazy that I’m 1/2lb off 50lb loss
◦ Fit in satin pj set 12-14 ( though I like looser so will leave for a few weeks)
◦ Fit in size 14 negligee and also a 12 one ( again prefer slightly looser)
◦ Friends who train here twice a week commented on my loss ( first outside family that don’t know)
◦ Mother in law genuinely commented on my loss (complicated relationship and she’s never commented before)
◦ All pregnancy etc clothes gone
◦ Towel that didn’t close over mid section huge amount of space (measured over 8 inch overlap at my tummy)
◦ Felt comfortable seeing colleagues when I called so to office and not huge even with one of the under 30 lads who is a big fitness buff (wears shorts even in winter , developing fitness tools).
◦ Bought a dress wrong size but it goes on surprisingly (will be a month before I fit ) size 10 thought I’d bought size 12 (fit looked generous so thought I’d chance it to fit end of month)
◦ Green sheen wrap dress that wouldn’t even meet in the middle now fits (I prefer a more modest wrap across the legs though so wait and let the wrap cross over more)
◦ Can see my thighs are no longer huge, the bottom of my thigh is.
◦ I was able to carry my wee one up and down a few flights of stairs , then it dawned on my I’m only about 3/4lb off having lost the equivalent of 2 of her!
◦ Finally after yesterday’s blip stopped in my tracks and avoided any real damage, then used it to adjust targets and get my mind straight

Back