Random tips to help with weight loss!!

M and M said:
Well, it's certainly handy to bear in mind for baking, as is that 100gr sugar is 11pp and not 20 like I've seen listed on other recipes (not on here! )

I always wondered what 100g sugar was..

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I'm at my Mam's house and decided to point things she always has in so that if I'm here and hungry I know what to snack on.

I've discovered that bags of skips from a multi pack are just 2pp and that ice lol's from Tesco are just 2pp, the ones where they are ice cream in the middle and fruit ice on the outside. Just had a blackcurrant one, lush x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

It's definitely worth writing up things like that if you have a few mins to spare, I have an alphabetic notebook I write my favourites in, and also write on the packets in the cupboard

I write the points on packets and thigs as i am putting my shopping away,that when when I am in a hurry i dont have to keep stoppig to work it out.

Ohh where did i get egggs being 3 points from! Silly me! Well that makes it better :) yay! i deffo agree on writing a list of the things u like best..im starting to remember stuff though :D x

Maybe it was a large egg hon? I could see them being 3pp alright. Prob depends!! Lol xx

Nah i think i read it in the book..but got confused and convinced myself it was 3 points..cus i dont eat large eggs!! I thinkk im just a little special sometimes and get confused aha. x

Just want to add- extra large eggs are still only 3pp like large ones. :)

Not food related, but a great way to get more exercise if you're watching TV, is to promise yourself that you will dance/ star jump your way through the ads. You could easily get 15-20 mins activity over the course of the evening

The "large" egg I had today was 2ppts (checked in the calculator). It was 65g but the values were for a 68g egg.

Weekends, I'm having a "cooked breakfast" of 1 poached egg, two grilled bacon rashers, and 1/4 tin of healthy choice beans - very nice and filling for 7pts.

Oooh good to know! Will be checking the weights of the large eggs when I go shopping thanks! Now I'm craving a poached egg too hehe :)

Totally agree with pointing foods when you put your shopping away. I order my shopping online and have a rough estimate of points using the 40cals to 1pp rule. But as soon as shopping comes I work out all the values properly before putting my food away, means if I'm hungry or grabbing food to take to work I know how many pp I'm having!!

My husband thinks I'm a looney tho standing with my iPhone calculating cereal bars and crisps!! ;)

I always do my food shop online so I am not tempted to buy anything I shouldn't. Actually find I spend less too.

Whiteybitey said:
Totally agree with pointing foods when you put your shopping away. I order my shopping online and have a rough estimate of points using the 40cals to 1pp rule. But as soon as shopping comes I work out all the values properly before putting my food away, means if I'm hungry or grabbing food to take to work I know how many pp I'm having!!

My husband thinks I'm a looney tho standing with my iPhone calculating cereal bars and crisps!! ;)

Ha ha,I'm always tapping away at the iPhone in the supermarket checking the NI labels. I'd say people think I'm daft.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The good thing i find about online shopping, at asda at least, they have the nutritional values of the food on the bottom of that items page..so if i see something i like i can calculate it while im shopping online! Its great! :D

calirose said:
The good thing i find about online shopping, at asda at least, they have the nutritional values of the food on the bottom of that items page..so if i see something i like i can calculate it while im shopping online! Its great! :D

I agree, really useful. Could make labels with pro point values on and stick on the shopping when it arrives!!

I plan everything to the absolute last point!!

I write everything on the Notes of my iPhone, what I will have for the next 6-7 days for breakfast, lunch, mid - afternoon snack and dinner. Also any emergency food in case I have a flap! That way I know a rough guide on what I am eating for the week. I also have a list of all the food and portion sizes that I regularly eat as a quick referral guide!

Tesco also have the Nutrional Info for most food, and the normal serving size as well so you can work out the exact points. I always shop online as well so I only buy what I need!

My tip is to buy the children size treats...... like mini bags of party rings, cookies, ice gems etc. They usually work out to be abt 3-4pp a bag.

Since having my children I've found the treat size foods are ideal as I get to have something sweet without the mega points. I also found they do satisfy my craving and I don't need a full size treats anymore x

I bought a variety bag of mini biscuits! 3 packs of each, Maryland cookies, mini fingers, mini jammie dodgers and mini choc animal biscuits! So yummy and 3 pp each and u don't get bored as u have some of each!

Back