Random tips to help with weight loss!!

Just a tip i saw on the Claire richards program last Friday which has helped me all week . If you are frothing at the mouth looking at that creamy bun or cake ,imagine it covered in something yucky like toenail clippings or flies or poo!!!!! soon puts you off I tell ya ....... I am a visual picker so if I see it I want it now if I could just keep a clothes peg on my nose !!!!!!

Just a tip i saw on the Claire richards program last Friday which has helped me all week . If you are frothing at the mouth looking at that creamy bun or cake ,imagine it covered in something yucky like toenail clippings or flies or poo!!!!! soon puts you off I tell ya ....... I am a visual picker so if I see it I want it now if I could just keep a clothes peg on my nose !!!!!!

Freaky, I'm watching this recorded from last week and it JUST showed this as you posted! I agree, good tip though :)

my sweet fix is normally either highlights hotchocolate or banana on toast! makes me feel like iv actually had something proper to eat and its yummy :) keep the tips coming i love reading them xx

Okay here are my tips:

1. What triggers you to overeat?

a) Is it a certain situation?
Social situations eg. chocolates in work, cinema snacks, eating out, drinks with friends at weekends.
b) Places e.g. supermarket, newsagents, cinemas etc.
c) People i.e. negative people.
d) Feelings-stress, boredom, loneliness, being tired.
e) Thoughts-negative thoughts.

2. Solution:
*Okay for the social situations, plan ahead.

*Stick to a shopping list in the supermarket and don't deviate from it. -Don't buy those BOGOF junk food things, it may be cheap money wise but its costing you weight loss so is it worth it?

*Oh you ARE worth the effort involved in making your own food, taking up a new exercise and learning new ways to cope aside from food. Never doubt that you are worth it!

*Bring fruit and a bottle of water (or nothing if you want-even better!) to the cinema or else a treat already pointed in.

*Stay away from negative people as much as possible, don't discuss your weight loss progress with them. Gravitate towards positive people and they will support you as you reach goal weight and beyond!

*Feelings are not facts. Thoughts are just opinions, not necessarily reality. We don't need to eat our feelings. If we are lonely, we can always reach out to someone in our support network. If we are angry, then that's a sign something needs to change-either in a relationship or in the way we're approaching something. Either way, dont beat yourself up for feeling angry. If you're stressed, learn to prioritise, plan ahead and relax. If you're bored, go for a walk or tidy the house-there is always something to do!

*If we have negative thoughts, think of what we'd say to a best friend. We wouldn't criticise our best friend, would we? So why would we criticise ourselves? We're only doing our best, mistakes are part of the journey so dust ourselves and start again always. After all, it's about persistence, not perfection and remind ourselves that we CAN do it!

*Oh stick 110% to the Weight Watchers plan. Trust in the plan and it will work for you. Trust that it will work; after all, weight watchers has been around for years for a reason!

*Ask ourselves "am I hungry?" If you're not hungry, then there's no need to eat. Simple as that. And when we're halfway through our food, say "am I full yet?" If you are, stop. You don't have to eat everything on your plate, in fact you shouldn't really..leave some food on your plate always! Oh when you're in a restaurant, only eat half the portion as portions are so huge there! Stay away from sauces (except tomato sauce) and dressings in restaurants and order plain food! x

Thanks for that dietgirl..good advise! I am the worst for eating when im bored...i need to remember that im not actually hungry!!!

Wow dietgirl, read that whole post and its excellent!! Thanks very much for that :D xxx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

i eat my main meal at lunch time and just have little snacks in the evening,,also if i make myself a cuppa i'll think,,hmm i'd like a biscuit,,so i dont take one i go sit down and if i really want it i have to get back up,,most of the time it's too much effort:D and i refuse to send the kids out to get me food as its so easy for them to bring me in the packet :)seems to work anyhow!!

All great tips really usefull.....but I always tink of my ww leader n steppin onto the scales iny WI if I'm tinkn about bein "bold" lol then it stops me lol :)

Ciara b said:
All great tips really usefull.....but I always tink of my ww leader n steppin onto the scales iny WI if I'm tinkn about bein "bold" lol then it stops me lol :)

That would work lol when I went to class my leader scared me a little lol so I never gained, would of hated the raised eyebrow she used to give lol x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Really fab advice here, I am a emotional eater, will eat when i am stressed, bored, angry, happy. I want to eat all the time but i have learned to eat small, regular meals and am practising all the time to notice the signs of when i am actually hungry and when i am full etc. Its hard but everytime i want something i ask myself am i hungry etc, I have a glass of water, wait ten minutes and if i am then i will have what i want but track it, Sugar free jelly i rely on alot and fruit for that quick grab snack. Its a hard battle that i am trying to fight everyday!

Okay here are my tips:

1. What triggers you to overeat?

a) Is it a certain situation?
Social situations eg. chocolates in work, cinema snacks, eating out, drinks with friends at weekends.
b) Places e.g. supermarket, newsagents, cinemas etc.
c) People i.e. negative people.
d) Feelings-stress, boredom, loneliness, being tired.
e) Thoughts-negative thoughts.

2. Solution:
*Okay for the social situations, plan ahead.

*Stick to a shopping list in the supermarket and don't deviate from it. -Don't buy those BOGOF junk food things, it may be cheap money wise but its costing you weight loss so is it worth it?

*Oh you ARE worth the effort involved in making your own food, taking up a new exercise and learning new ways to cope aside from food. Never doubt that you are worth it!

*Bring fruit and a bottle of water (or nothing if you want-even better!) to the cinema or else a treat already pointed in.

*Stay away from negative people as much as possible, don't discuss your weight loss progress with them. Gravitate towards positive people and they will support you as you reach goal weight and beyond!

*Feelings are not facts. Thoughts are just opinions, not necessarily reality. We don't need to eat our feelings. If we are lonely, we can always reach out to someone in our support network. If we are angry, then that's a sign something needs to change-either in a relationship or in the way we're approaching something. Either way, dont beat yourself up for feeling angry. If you're stressed, learn to prioritise, plan ahead and relax. If you're bored, go for a walk or tidy the house-there is always something to do!

*If we have negative thoughts, think of what we'd say to a best friend. We wouldn't criticise our best friend, would we? So why would we criticise ourselves? We're only doing our best, mistakes are part of the journey so dust ourselves and start again always. After all, it's about persistence, not perfection and remind ourselves that we CAN do it!

*Oh stick 110% to the Weight Watchers plan. Trust in the plan and it will work for you. Trust that it will work; after all, weight watchers has been around for years for a reason!

*Ask ourselves "am I hungry?" If you're not hungry, then there's no need to eat. Simple as that. And when we're halfway through our food, say "am I full yet?" If you are, stop. You don't have to eat everything on your plate, in fact you shouldn't really..leave some food on your plate always! Oh when you're in a restaurant, only eat half the portion as portions are so huge there! Stay away from sauces (except tomato sauce) and dressings in restaurants and order plain food! x

Some Great tips thank you xx

I find M&S portion control range chocolate caramel popcorn and 'count on us' range chocolate mouse my lifesaver when i have chocolate cravings, because they are the real thing, proper chocolate just smaller portion.

i've been watching this mtv show 'i used to be fat'...its really good inspiration if ur feeling demotivated! :)

calirose said:
i've been watching this mtv show 'i used to be fat'...its really good inspiration if ur feeling demotivated! :)

I've seen that a few times... Usually they just give themselves the summer to lose loooads of weight which is harsh but yeah its a good show :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Yeah one girl lost 90lbs in 4 months by just doing tons of exercise and eating right..makes me feel like a failure in comparison aha. But it motivates me to want to exercise more!! x

They say getting it off more slowly is healthier and you're more likely to keep it off so dont be feeling like a failure at all at all!! x

Yeah i know, but it would be nice to be able to lose that much and keep it off aha. But im in it for the long slow road!!!! Im hoping to have lost most of it by feb so thats not actually that far away!!! :D x

Thank you a million times over. It's all things that deep down you know but someone reminding you makes a world of difference.

Bailey I think your comment is in response to the show idea but i dont know so if it is im glad!! :D x

Back