Rasp and cranberry bars

I love experimenting with them...if you do a bit of the R&C and a bit of the new nut one and press them together while still warm, then leave to cool, it's like flapjack :D

My LLC says that the factory making them is different. They are using the same ingredients and receipe but the bars are just coming out differently. I did notice that they were a bit harder and I thought a bit more "burnt" tasting. Used to be my fav now it is the lemon. I love to sit with a cuppa and pull little bits off. Lasts for ages!! But then, I am a bit strange like that!! lol

Petey - best way to do it, is 30 seconds max in the microwave (I have an 850w microwave), bring them out and press down with the back of a spoon, leave to cool for 5 minutes then eat - absolutely delicious.

When you take them out - they won't look as though anything has happened, but trust me - they have been nuked enough

Is your surname Oliver????:)

I'm yet to experiment more than blending shakes with ice and coffee, and soups with pepper, chilli powder and tabasco!

Strange really as I like to think of myself as a bit of a chef!

I quite like the cheat my friend told me about - she made chilli for the family and added a spoon of it to her thai chilli soup ! I'm not into cheating, but I guess it tasted better!

please guys.. since we're talking about bars.. Can i actually make cookies out of peanut ones..? has anyone tried.. i wanna soooo badly tonight.. you know when you just really fancy it? I am in that mood..

PLEAAAAAAAAAASE SOMEONE HELP ME..

x x x

On CD you can have chilli flakes.. but i dont know about powder.. funny enough i was just clearing my cupboards and found some chilli powder.. i hope to god we can have it.. i really wana put some in some soup.. yum..

x x

Will the chili take you out of ketosis? God, I would kill for a dash of garlic salt!!! :D

I doubt that 1 spoon would - but that would depend on what was in the chilli - If you made it from scratch you would know.

I wouldn't even bother though - for me losing the weight is more important than a spoon of chilli. Besides I can add tabasco and black pepper (and I also add pure chilli powder) to make it taste better so why bother?

On CD you can have chilli flakes.. but i dont know about powder.. funny enough i was just clearing my cupboards and found some chilli powder.. i hope to god we can have it.. i really wana put some in some soup.. yum..

x x

Well, as proper chilli powder is just ground dried chillis (and flakes are made from the same) it should not be an issue. Just check to ensure the chilli powder is 100% chilli with no flower, sugar or other nasties added.

I doubt that 1 spoon would - but that would depend on what was in the chilli - If you made it from scratch you would know.

I wouldn't even bother though - for me losing the weight is more important than a spoon of chilli. Besides I can add tabasco and black pepper (and I also add pure chilli powder) to make it taste better so why bother?

No,I agree Mikey - I was just saying it our of curiosity and for arguments sake.

I don;t really do anything other the what my LLC says is allowed. The only exception I have made it the flavoured coffee and the marigold boullion because they are the same as normal stuff anwya.
BUt I agree.....not worth risking ketosis for anything in my book!!

Back