raw cauliflower

nettie

Gold Member
does anyone else eat raw cauliflower??
i love it!
someone at work said they eat it with dips, humous etc with carrot, celery and cucumber... i tried it ages ago at work and it was so yummy! tastes totally different when its raw.
its only been these last few days that i remembered about eating it and now ive found a new favorite snack!

dont you think its tastes quite nutty!? i too could eat it all day, if i go to a supermarket for my lunch i always buy a little bag of it to eat with my lunch, everyone else munches on crisps and biscuits and i have a bag of cauliflower lol

I like it pickled.. still raw, sort of..
you get it in those jars of mixed pickles I can only seem to find / think about around christmas time...

I like it pickled.. still raw, sort of..
you get it in those jars of mixed pickles I can only seem to find / think about around christmas time...

i love any pickled veg... ive been known to sit watchin tv eating my way through a jar of pickled veg and when i was a kid i would eat full jars of pickled onions! lol

Lovely raw - also magic roasted :)

Lovely raw - also magic roasted :)

I love it raw. It is one of my favourite vegetables.

I haven't tried it roasted but will do tonight.....thanks for that tip.

For someone like me who eats very little meat that is great to know.

Yesterday I made soup and used cauliflower as the thickening agent. It is brilliant stuff.

I love raw cauliflower the fresher the better, also peppers, mushrooms, carrots etc with or without dips. Natural yoghurt with mint sauce in makes a lovely syn free dip :)

woo hoo I'm not alone!! i LOVE raw cauli and romanesco (prob spelt that wrong sorry) but not normal broccoli. according to my Dad when i was quite small i refused to eat any vegetables if they where cooked i even had them raw on a Sunday with my roast dinner!!:p
xxx

I love raw cauliflower the fresher the better, also peppers, mushrooms, carrots etc with or without dips. Natural yoghurt with mint sauce in makes a lovely syn free dip :)

Good with natural yogurt with cumin and a tbsp of mango chutney.........yummy !!!

Back