RC OR WW?

jules

Can anyone tell me the main difference between Rosemary Conley and Weight Watchers please?

I am not sure which one to start. Has anyone on here had experience of both?

I know that you have a work out class at RC which seems a bonus, but I do no really want a diet that you have to do lot of weighing, calorie counting etc as I work full time and have a family so the easier the better!

Any info appreciated :)

Hi Jules

Sorry I really dont know anything about RC. But Id highly recommend WW :)

Can anyone tell me the main difference between Rosemary Conley and Weight Watchers please?

I am not sure which one to start. Has anyone on here had experience of both?

I know that you have a work out class at RC which seems a bonus, but I do no really want a diet that you have to do lot of weighing, calorie counting etc as I work full time and have a family so the easier the better!

Any info appreciated :)

Hiya - RC allows you to eat food of less than 5g per 100g of fat - you get a calorie allowance...BUT it's all worked out for you....does a quick start of 2 weeks.....advocates 30mins of exercise most days....but losses can be around a stone per month....:eek:

with WW, you pick what you want to eat as longa s it's in your point allowance....

both excellent plans....really a matter of personal preference....you can do both online.....

let us know what you decide...and keep us posted on your progress !!

Debz xx

I've done both and my personal preference was RC. I liked the fuss free eating plan with the simple 5% fat rule. You get a calorie allowance but it invlolves no more weighing than any other calorie controlled diet.

The big bonus for me was the exercise class as well as the weigh-in and the pep talk ... all for about the same price as the other classes. The exercise is dancy, easy and fun - and you're shown different 'levels' so you can join in whatever your fitness level is.
I definitely benefitted from the exercise and became much fitter and more toned.

I just wish there was a class near me as I'd definitely go back for maintenance.

Jules, How are you doing with WW? I see you joined in January.

I have to say that between the 2 clubs, I prefer Rosemary Conley. The diet is so easy, and the food is really tasty (and suitable for the whole family). RC advocates exercise as part of a regular routine and the whole plan is geared up to eating in this way as a lifestyle.

Anyway, hope you are doing well.

This is my exact dilema.

When I was 16 I joined WW and lost 3 stones. And maintained until I had my daughter at 21. I didn't maintain through diet - I went to the gym for an hour a day, Monday to Friday, I was usually the first one there at 6am!! I had a very bad pregnancy, was severally anemic and off work for entire pregnancy and gained four stones!!!

My little girl is five now and the, I've just had a baby doesn't make a good excuse any more.

So dilema is WW or RC. I kind of like the idea of something new and challenging. I also like the idea of an exercise class included in my £5.50 fee!!

I have done both and Rosemary Conoly is brilliant, i feel like i get more for my money and i am healthier the exercise is a massive part of it, losing weight is lovely but it's a out changing your lifestyle too methinks.

I've never tried weight watchers but I have tried both Rosemary Conley and Slimming World.

I must say RC has been the best for me, for starters the focus is more on the exercise at classes, where as at slimming world the focus was on everyone rushing for the bathroom before to try to "get rid of any possible excess". (at my class at least!) RC seems more laid back in that respect.

The booklets you get when you join are helpful, outlaying eating plan ideas as well as detailed info on how to measure out your portions.
The portion pots you get make measuring out easy to do as most things are calculated by which colour pot you use.

The first 2 weeks at RC are a bit rougher because of the lowest cal count, but if you push past them it becomes much easier and you can start having treats again - alcohol, chocolate.

The exercise is always good fun and the class atmosphere is brilliant! Everyone is really supportive and high impact people have the option of "swapping" parts of the low impact class to boost it up for them. For example doing jumping jacks rather than doing half jack leg lifts.

The other hidden bonus of RC is that (at least since I have been going) there have been raffels for some pretty nice prizes (cooking things, hairdryers, ect). Really brings together a class atmosphere :)

I've never done RC or SW, but I love Weight Watchers. The reason is I can decide myself what I want to eat and no food is off limits. I can go to the restaurants on a social night out for work and have food I can pick from in my eating out guide, and I can earn bonus points for exercising even if it's just walking, and I ADORE walking (I normally walk 6/7 miles during my day off :)). Now, next week the Weight Watchers plan is changing and they will point more on the balance of what you eat rather than on calories and fat, it will count proteins, carbs, fat and fibre in the food, but you will still get all the flexibility of the WW plan, and on the top of that, free fruit (including bananas) and free most vegetables! Since I joined WW in 2005 I have lost 84 lbs with this diet, and although I did have a 2 years window where, for family reasons, I couldn't stick to it, I still didn't put back on the whole of the weight and it took me only 10 months of going back seriously to doing it to lose the weight again. Now it's 4 months I'm maintaining successfully.

I'm sure that whichever diet you will choose will be the one that works for you and that you can adapt to your lifestyle. For me, it's weight watchers. :D

Hiya - RC allows you to eat food of less than 5g per 100g of fat - you get a calorie allowance...BUT it's all worked out for you....does a quick start of 2 weeks.....advocates 30mins of exercise most days....but losses can be around a stone per month....:eek:

with WW, you pick what you want to eat as longa s it's in your point allowance....

both excellent plans....really a matter of personal preference....you can do both online.....

let us know what you decide...and keep us posted on your progress !!

Debz xx

I never knew that - fanx xx

Back