re carrying on with LT

harriet2

serial poster
now im getting close to goal, everyone has noticed and the comments are flying..all positive i have to say and im loving it but also finding it embarressing cause im not used to it but im also getting hassled from my OH now to give up cause im small enough which i have to admit, hes actually right (never thought id say that lol) BUT i need to reach my personal goal dont i ... i know that if i dont do that for myself i will feel like ive let myself down...i know you guys will understand, i just needed to get it off my chest xx

Tracey - if you see this, i need to ask you a question re maintenance, hope that ok x

h xx

Harriet,you look absolutely amazing,well done!

Hi hun, i didnt want to give up without reaching my target but did. I have lost pretty much half a stone while refeeding hun so consider that may happen with you.
Ask away by the way xxx

The compliments are great I know, Im the same I get embarrassed too.
Harriet you look brilliant and you must do whats right for you (with in reason) and everyone else comes second Im affraid xx

my sentiments exactly gary x

tracey..what i wanted to ask was re maintenance did you start calorie counting after the refeed week and are you still using the maintenance formula for brekkie or are you just going it alone now? sorry to ask but im praying i can finish this wed (was gonna go get weighed next monday but ive promised OH id go sooner rather than later!)

many thanks

h xx

I did 2 weeks refeed hun they say if you lose over 5 stone you should do quite a few weeks. I followed it really strictly! To be honest i am not calorie counting i am just totally leaving out all fat and having small portions. As i am still losing weight the phamicist reccommended that i stop the formula for breakfast so i now have weetabix with skimmed milk which is actually less calories believe it or not! I dont leave out carbs at all just dont have big portions.
Hope that helps hun xxx

did you end up having all the food they recommended on the sheet?

h xx

I had slightly less id say in terms of fruit etc! But i had pretty much exactly what they said. A typical meal for me was chicken breast cooked in frying pan with water, with rice and some green veg. Then id just rotate with fish(only white at firt), potatoes etc. Sandwich or luch with no butter but light mayo. I have pretty much stuck with it to be honest even now im just not as strict xx

The re-introduction of food is quite a scary thought I'm just starting my 9th week. On Saturday, I ate, Fish and Salad and a few gin and tonics(it was a party).
I thought that I would enjoy eating again, but to be honest I couldn't wait for sunday to come so I could get back on my packs. I think it is the control thing. I was really worried that I would put loads of weight on, or that I would find it difficult getting back on my programme, but it's been ok
Everyone now keeps asking me when am I coming of it and when I tell them how much more i have got to loose before I reach my target, the reactions I get are quite similar to the reactions I got when I 1st started this programme. Now, when anyone asks, I just say "soon"!

I can relate to your last couple of sentances:rolleyes:

I can relate to missing the shakes hun xx

thanks for all the advise ...its very much appreciated. i am a bit scared about shifting over to eating food again but i have to say im more looking forward to being able to join eating with the family again and eventually trying out all the great recipes ive been sorting out..ive even bought some new saucepans to celebrate..how sad is that lol

still, ill find out wednesday whats happening and then take it from there..

again thanks tracey et all for your advise...means a lot

h xx

You're very welcome hun thats why im still here lol. Let us know how you get on and you will do great honestly xxx

Hope your re-feed goes well. Your family will probably be overwhelmed with ur new found culinary delights. Since I've been on this programme, I have been obsessed with making delicious meals for my daughter and Fiance, they've loved it. Although I have been cooking great meals for them, I couldn't sit with them at the table whilst they ate it.
I will look forward to doing that when I finish.

I was the same hun, loved cooking when doing LT and love it now! Never ever cooked before LT. A new woman lol xx

.ive even bought some new saucepans to celebrate..how sad is that lol

Thats not sad at all, I think it's a brill idea, I'm also hoping to start re-feed in a few weeks, am a bit scared too. But am going to stick to it like glue, like Tracy did, and hopefully do as brill as she has.;);)

Thankyou Fi honey, i have no doubt that you can do just as well! I think everybody, like i was, is resigned to the idea that you gain half a stone refeeding! Im still losing i think! WI tomorrow. Honestly dont worry guys, the refeed programme is there for a reason just follow it religiously xxx

I'd say you are an insperation along with all the other amazing "Loosers" on here, you keep all us newbies going, and your honesty and ability to share your concerns, helps every one of us to know that what we might feel a few weeks down the line is perfectly normal, and we will get through it :)
Thanks H, you look amazing! xxx

hey harriet,
SNAP!!
i could have written your post...lol!
here is where i'm at....i've lost 6 stone 1 pound and needed to do a refeed this week because i have a weekend away this weekend! anyway i have 1 stone 2.5 pounds to go and have decided to not go back on the full lt after this weekend....i'm gonna do the maintenance sachets to help me lose this last stone coz like you i do wanna get my personal goal done! however i am so happy with how i am now that i am happy to start taking it a bit slower! i have been on this for ages now and want to reintroduce food slowly to get to grips with a new way of eating so am gonna do the maintenance thing for about 6 weeks i think having a sachet for breakfast and lunch and then a meal..BUT...it will be so much more flexible and if there is a lunch to go to i will join in and maybe have the maintenance sachet before as a filler and then small lunch!
plus the bonus of losing the weight is that you can leave stuff on your plate when you're full and people won't notice coz you little and it's ok that you get full....little people do lol!
well that was a bit of a prattle.......hope it makes sense!
all the best for your trip to chemist tomorrow!
:) fran

Back