RE: exantediet: Ebay?

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Minimins,

Thank-you for getting in contact to check our eBay purchasing policy.

We would advise members against buying Exante Diet products from eBay as
they cannot be sure they are purchasing genuine products, and also for
reasons of hygiene and safety. We do not resell products that have been
returned for these reasons.

We outline an extensive list of medical contra-indications on our website
which dictate a client's eligibility for the various solutions we offer. If
a customer orders products from eBay then they could find that they are on
the wrong solution which could lead to medical complications.

Our list of contra-indications needs to be checked and agreed to, with every
order to make sure our customers are monitoring their health and complying
with the terms of use we have outlined. This can only be monitored properly
if Exante Diet products are bought directly from the Exante Diet website.

If you have any further question please let us know,

Best Regards,

Shona Willis

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 03 April 2010 13:51
To: [email protected]

Cheers Mini, that's interesting.

Does leave you in a bit of a hole if you find yourself with a product that you really dislike though, can't return it to Exante, can't let others who you know are doing the diet through here buy or swap it, can't sell it on ebay. :confused:

's OK for some of us who get on with pretty much all of the products and flavours but might lose them some business in terms of people bying bumper packs and getting landed with stuff they will never use so choosing not to re-order at a later date. :(

i agree with you there yambabe! Makes u buy the flavours individually which costs £50per week rather than 25! Makes the cambridge diet far cheaper! I did email 2ask if they would send out only shakes &bars in the next bumper pack but they said no...

its buyer beware on ebay Mini, and although I understand your forum moderator status on here, and so the need to warn people about the worries of buying off ebay, I think you would have to warn people against buying secondhand anything off there for this post to have some weight

people can make their own minds up

And will

maybe you are governed by exante & their helpful advertising revenue on here?

as I have said before. I have bought packs off a previous dieter on here with no qualm

its buyer beware on ebay Mini, and although I understand your forum moderator status on here, and so the need to warn people about the worries of buying off ebay, I think you would have to warn people against buying secondhand anything off there for this post to have some weight

people can make their own minds up

And will

maybe you are governed by exante & their helpful advertising revenue on here?

as I have said before. I have bought packs off a previous dieter on here with no qualm

I cannot understand as to why you have reacted in this way, as Mini has gone out of her way to contact Exante in her own time to find out what their policy is in regards to E-Bay, the people who make and own Exante, and how best to respect the use of their product and brand.

We have no affiliation of any kind with Exante or any other diet on this site. Yes we get emails from time to time regarding various threads and those emails are made public to the members on these forums.

Our strict policy is no selling, reselling or exchanging of diets on MiniMins. This applies to all other forums including Cambridge Diet, Lipotrim and Lighter Life and those members have no issues following the rules.

When you signed up to MiniMins you ticked a box saying you agree to our rules, if you do not wish to respect those rules you are free to leave.

Because of the blatent disrespect towards the rules of MiniMins and Administration. I have moved this forum back to a sub forum of Very Low Calorie Diets. Its not quite ready for premium space on the front page yet in light of the hassle a few people have insisted in causing.

Pierce

I don't think the issue (if it is an issue) is with minimins Pierce, I think it's with Exante's policy regarding how they make up their "bargain" packs.

With both CD and LL you get your products from a consultant who can ensure that you get the ones you like without having to pay a premium for them. With Lipotrim again it's a personal service from the pharmacist. This is not something that Exante offers, at least not at present.

However, in my opinion that's an issue that could and should be taken up by individuals with Exante, not necessarily aired as a grievance on here. If enough people were to contact them and express their disappointment with the current situation it just might mean they would revisit their policies in the interests of retaining customer loyalty.

However (again in my opinion) the problem has brought itself here because there literally isn't anywhere else where people doing the Exante diet can "meet" to exchange views. Exante itself has no forum, and I have found nowhere else on the net other than minimins that provides a forum for every diet and diet-related discussion in the same way that you do here.

I don't think what you are seeing here is a blatant disregard for minimins rules, more a bit of a venting of frustration about the rigidity of Exantes own rules in the only place currently available to be able to vent!

I'm sorry that you don't feel we deserve to retain our "front-page" status but at the end of the day that's your decision. I do think that yet again as I have seen on so many other forums the users are forgetting that this forum is NOT a democracy, and it's also not ours, it's a (benign) dicatorship with an owner who is free to make and enforce their own rules as they see fit, and as you so rightly say we are free to go at any time if we don't like that. Personally I do like it here. :)

As moderators you could have handled this so much better
Any threads relating to swapsies (notice how the subject keeps coming up? So it is a discussion people want to have-they are not starting these posts to wind you up) are quickly deleted
As we are not allowed to discuss selling our exante products (and No, exante do not do refunds) or swap on here, we used our initiative and took our discussion elsewhere
You seem to take this as a personal affront, and post a sticky, without being asked (why would someone on Lipotrim diet decide to contact exante on our behalf?)about the dangers of buying on ebay
As I said, we are all Adults, and we can make our own minds up about whether we want to buy from anyone we choose, which is why I asked if you as moderators were being forced by exante (who DO advertise on this site) to scotch any free will by your posters
If not, can you explain why the post about buying off ebay was put on here & stickied?

I would appreciate being treat as an Adult, and a free thinking one at that

Last edited:
Maggie if you were familiar with our other TFR support forums you would know that these companies all have warnings on their site about buying on eBay.

without being asked (why would someone on Lipotrim diet decide to contact exante on our behalf?)about the dangers of buying on ebay

As Exante does not at present have this warning on their site I sought this information on behalf of our members who may not be aware that Exante like the other main TFR providers do not sell on eBay and that Exante products on eBay are second hand products or possibly counterfeit. As diet products just like perfumes, handbags and medication are so easily copied and not every member is aware of this and may find this information helpful.

As I said, we are all Adults, and we can make our own minds up about whether we want to buy from anyone we choose, which is why I asked if you as moderators were being forced by exante (who DO advertise on this site) to scotch any free will by your posters
If not, can you explain why the post about buying off ebay was put on here & stickied?

The email was put as sticky as I feel our members with the right information can make an informed choice about whether or not they wish to buy second hand product from eBay.

As we have all ready stated our rules are that we do not allow under any circumstances the selling, reselling or swapping of diet products on our forums.

Because of the blatent disrespect towards the rules of MiniMins and Administration. I have moved this forum back to a sub forum of Very Low Calorie Diets. Its not quite ready for premium space on the front page yet in light of the hassle a few people have insisted in causing.

Blatant disrespect?
Insisted in causing?

Those are very strong things to say. Disrespect is rather a heavy concept for a dieting forum where we're all just trying to support each other.

If the members of this forum had followed the rules and respected the direction of moderation we would not of gone done this road.

This is becoming tiresome and it is not up for discussion and if this continues to monopolize our tme we will have to reconsider the future of the Exante forum on MiniMins.

Last edited:
First of all thank you for outlinging the policy.

It is common sense why you shouldn't buy second hand

Back