re feed?

disney1982

how important is re feeding? why do you have to follow this? i have another 4 weeks today left on lp if i did,nt re feed b 4 my holiday i could do 5 week today and lose more weight?

Refeeding is the most important part of LT (I assume you mean LT when you say LP) - you have to introduce the right types of food gradually to avoid your glycogen stores refilling very quickly and undoing all your hard work. Don't underestimate the importance of refeeding. If you just start eating normally again, you could put a significant number of lbs back on very quickly and it's all too easy to slip back into your old eating habits too, which will mean you won't maintain your loss. It's very, very, very important that you do it correctly!

i,m worried as i,m on my 2nd week of lt and doing well but i go on holiday to disneyworld 18th aug all inclusive apart from breakfast ......good in a way but dont want to put it back on again.......

i surpose i,l just have to eat half portions and choose carefully what i eat? easier said than done though.......

Definately stick to the re-feed to the letter Disney. I lost 3 stone doing it right a couple of years ago and kept it off but a friend of mine didn't stick to the refeeding programme and put it straight back on. All that pain & hunger for nothing! Defo come off tfr a week earlier than planned, I promise it'll be worth it!

As for your hol that's a toughie cos there'll be so much temptation, just do like u said and eat smaller portions. You'll actually find after a few weeks on this you'll fill up much quicker anyway, I never went back to milk in my coffee cos I found it so creamy after LP!

Best of luck with it! ;-)

If you don't refeed correctly you may as well pack LT in now

Back