Re-feeding first week August

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Hi Guys
MEANT TO PUT THIS ON RE-FEED THREAD!!!

I know it is a long way off yet, but I want to try and re-feed for say 3 weeks. Go on holiday end of August. Just dont want to fail on this, so I have read that it is best to re-feed as long as possible.

Any pitfalls to look out for? I think there is a thread somewhere for sample menus for a week. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I will come back to TFR mid Sept when I get back as I reckon I will have approx 1 stone to get to target, but I may have to move my target as I did set it a bit higher at the time. See how it goes.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hiya Scots!

Yup I refed for 3 weeks aswell!!

The only thing I can recommend is dont allow your self treats until your completley comfotable and sure with yourself that you are over your food demons, I got bought like 6 easter eggs and that was the beginning of my downfall, and then a weekend away in liverpool where I thought I might aswell have a break from healthy eating and eat what I want...

But boy did I find it hard to get back into the swing of things again!!

Are you excited to refeed? xxxx

Hi Chelly

Thanks for the advice - do appreciate it! Not sure if I am excited, or nervous. I am trying not to think about it too much or I will start going off the rails!!! But, I suppose in some ways I want to get back to normality and to believe in myself that I have the determination to carry this through to healthy eating. In some ways I am a healthy eater, but having the eating disorder doesnt help! My husband reckons I have conquered it, but only time will tell to be honest...

How are you doing? Are you finding it a bit easier or still struggling. Not seen you around for a while...miss seeing you and Adam ;-)!

Hope all is well at your end and going to WI today so will chat about the re-feed, etc...i remember you saying a while back about doing 3 weeks and I think it is best rather than 2. I dont plan on being really bad in Turkey as my hubby is going to tell all the family to ensure they dont give me very fatty food :) bless!!

Have a great day!!!!

Im doing good!! been really popular this week for some reason and have been out every night lol!! Except last night when I conked out lol!!

But im still hear dont you worry :)

Aaah thats really good that your family will be keeping an eye out for you!!

I think a holiday is actually a very good test of testing your food demons, because you do tend to let yourself go on holiday..

But you determination shines through in every post and I think you will suceed chick!!

Good luck for your weigh in today :) xxxx

Thanks Chelly
I am going to take a shake for lunch, as we dont usually eat lunch any way when in Turkey. I should be ok as I dont drink either and nor does my hubby! So, the only thing I need to watch out for is breakfast as his mum makes the most amazing breakfasts, but I have gone before and taken my cereal.

Just got to remember that I am there to see them, not to eat! Plus, my husband will be like my keeper, I know it!!! haha..

glad to hear you are doing well...really pleased for you and Miss Popular here!! haha...gooooodddddddd...nice to get some attention (always)!!!

Take care

Hi scotsmist,
just to say well done on getting this far and when the refeed comes you will be so ready for it as you have a great mind set and that is half the battle. Best of luck for your weigh in today, looking forward to hearing about it.
Doirin

Hiya, Well done on your weight loss so far.
I too are planning to refeed on the 7th August, I've a few weekends away and a holiday at the begining of September. Need to build up my calories slowly as my holiday will be a outdoor active one.
I've being reading some of the refeed diaries in the refeeding thread which are very good and gives you some insight to what you may or may not go through.
Mind you since I've given myself a date, I'm craving food like mad and all bad stuff too. I just hope it will be out of my system by the time I will be eating. Best of luck with your week.

Thanks Doirin....so determined to do it right after all the hard work!!

I am just about to leave to go for my WI! Kinda nervous this time because of the problems I am having...but, a loss is a loss :)

Hi scotsmist,
just to say well done on getting this far and when the refeed comes you will be so ready for it as you have a great mind set and that is half the battle. Best of luck for your weigh in today, looking forward to hearing about it.
Doirin

Eh - that is great,,,maybe we can do it together and help each other along! It is a little scarey, but if done right we should be ok!

You have done so well as well with your weight losses!

Here's to August :)

Hiya, Well done on your weight loss so far.
I too are planning to refeed on the 7th August, I've a few weekends away and a holiday at the begining of September. Need to build up my calories slowly as my holiday will be a outdoor active one.
I've being reading some of the refeed diaries in the refeeding thread which are very good and gives you some insight to what you may or may not go through.
Mind you since I've given myself a date, I'm craving food like mad and all bad stuff too. I just hope it will be out of my system by the time I will be eating. Best of luck with your week.

Good luck with your weigh in today. You losses have been brilliant too.

Am sure with the determination you have you will get it spot on!
Just read Jan's and Mary's diaries they are the queens! lol x

Thanks Summer
Had a read at them earlier, and my pharmacist gave me the sheets, etc...so, I have plenty of time to digest them!
I think I am getting a wee bit excited now :)

Back