Re-feeding query

liz0703

Silver Member
Hi all,

Just a quick question.

I have been actively seeking lots and lots of info about re-feeding as very nervous. I read on the info that has been posted on the re-feed section that if you have lost more than 5/6 stone you should re-feed for longer than a week.

Anyway, I emailed LT just to clarify how long I should re-feed for, and here is their reply!!

Please take the information from us and not from the internet. If you do refeeding for more than a week, you are very likely to gain weight. The pharmacy should give you refeeding paperwork. If not please call us on the helpline freephone 0800-413735

There is a maintenance programme that you should consider. If you send a postal address, we can send you free samples.

Now I am very confused!!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the LT refeed but I am not sure why you would gain weight by doing refeed for more than a week?! Sounds like an attempt to sell you their maintenance products?

x

Love your pics, well done.

I couldnt really see how you would out weight on doing it!! Why do they have to confuse the situation even more!! I really want to get things right so I do not put the weight back on

Ive also been told that if you have lost a lot of weight you should do it for longer i tink it was in the dvd. i amn't sure thou it wouldnt make sense that you would gain weight if you stayed on the refeeding for longer than a week because its very minimal and would be less than wat you would wen your back to normal.

I read it on all the LT info!!! If they don't know what they have written then there is a problem!!

So, any ideas how long I do stay on re-feed for???

I can't see why you would put weight on doing the re-feed for longer! I think some people have done it for two weeks? Is your Pharmacist any good? They might be able to shed some light.

Good luck!!

Hannah

I can't see why you would put weight on doing the re-feed for longer!

Agreed. That's really odd :confused: Cambridge has an 8 to 12 week 'refeed' and people often lose a bit more during that time. Think LL's refeed is a couple of months too.

How strange.

Oh good grief, I was planning on refeeding for 4 weeks! I haven't spoken to pharmacy about refeeding at all, other than to tell them my goal. Will ask them on Saturday at weigh in and tell them my plans.

oh no - i was planning on refeeding for weeks too! hurumph. please keep us updated babe - would be a massive help.

cant see how you'd be more likely to gain weight if you refeed for more than a week?! madness.

xxx

and after refeeding aren't you meant to do maintenance products for a while too? (my research hasn't yet been very thorough, too scary to contemplate!) so they're still getting their money... ;)

keep us posted Liz, very interested to know. I may give LT a ring over the weekend too (assume they are open at weekends, never actually rung them) if i get no joy from my pharmacist (he's lovely, but new).

i discussed refeed last week with my pharmacist and said that i thought i'd refeed for 2 weeks then join a slimming club in december.

she seemed really positive that this was the right way to go.

maybe your right and lipotrim still wanna make money from the maintenence products.
my pharmacist also told me that i didn't really need to use these after tfr as long as i watched what i ate but that it was my choice x

Mine didn't push the maintenence products on me at all either. My pharmacist said I could use them occasionally if I was out for a day where I knew the food would be cr*p (his words! LOL!) or if I found myself gaining a little and wanted to reign it in a little by having two maintenence products and a low-carb meal each evening for a week or two?
He did insist I use the maintenence products for my re-feed. He said it was a new-ish policy, and once he put me onto re-feed on the system he had to provide the maintenence packs rather than the tfr packs?
I think they're talking rubbish about putting ON weight if you do a re-feed for more than a week?? How could you?!?! You're taking in FAR less than you burn (so should still be losing?!) Worse case scenario- you put yourself into starvation mode as your body needs more than you're eating- but that would result in a stalled weight- not a gain!! I'd ask them to clarify that as it simply doesn't make sense!
My re-feed info from the pharmacy states anyone who's lost 4+ stone should do re-feed for at least two weeks?

I have read some of the maintanence paper work, am I right in thinking that you have one plus a small meal to lose weight, or instead of a meal?
Obviously re-feed process is strict, I just want to get into the normal healthy eating routine as soon as possible, but will do what is required to lose/maintain.
I am just finding it so confusing. Being told lots of different things my different people. LT total waste of time, chemist saying I can carry on with LT for another stone, everyone else saying I need to stop the shakes. It is so bewildering!!!
I will be re-feeding in 2w, for probably 2w-1m. But do I stick to the sheet, or do the 2 shakes/1 meal thing??? Didnt imagine this would be so difficult. Life was so much easier when you didnt have to worry about food, and just have 3 simple, uncomplicated shakes a day!!

Oh dear it sounds confusing... and yet... really, we should be taking the LT helpline and their information as gospel. They make it, they should know what to do!

Depending on my weigh in result Saturday I will be asking for information about refeeding and hoping to start in 3/4 weeks... will share any info I get :)

Back