Re-Focused

gemmybean

I have decided to write a diet diary in the hope that it will keep me motivated. I haven't posted for a while as i kinda went of the rails, but now I'm back and feeling focused again. :wave_cry: :sigh:

BREAKFAST
Pink Grapefruit
28g Bran Flakes
Skimmed milk from allowance

SNACK
Kiwi
Apple
Skips - 4.5 syns

LUNCH
Low fat cottage cheese with onion and chives
Jacket potato

SNACK
Dark chocolate and orange muller light

DINNER
SW chips
Omelette

I had my weigh in yesterday and i was quite surprising to have gained a pound. When i say surprised, i mean that I'm surprised that it wasn't any more. To put it bluntly, i had another bad weekend, I just don't know whats wrong with me - come Friday, regardless of the consequences I'll go and get a bottle of wine, which leads to snacking, which leads to a hangover, which leads to 'hangover' food in the morning, which leads to MacDonald's for lunch ..... you get the picture. So this weekend I've decided that I'm just not going to go to the supermarket at all on Friday after work, if i need anything I'll get it on Saturday.

It must be the whole 'start of the weekend' thing, cos I'm usually able to say 'no' on a Saturday night. I've had the whole day to eat healthily, and then in the evening i don't want to ruin all my hard work by drinking, but thats not to say that i wouldn't eat healthily on a Friday though its just really annoying.

I think as well that the amount that I'm walking has affected the amount i put on. I've recently made a decision to walk to work, which is about 2.5 miles, and takes about 50 mins. I also brought a pedometer and with that walk included I'm doing about 12000 steps a day, which is quite good.
So this week, I've decided to wipe the slate clean, and forget about the disaster that was last weekend, i feel re-focused and determined so hopefully I'll have a good weight loss. I realised actually that I've been doing SW for 6 weeks, which is surprising actually, in that space of time I've lost 7.5 pounds, which I've gotta say I'm a little bit disappointed about. That works out at a little over a pound a week. I do want to lose the weight slowly, as i know it has more chance of staying off but i also want to lose it a little quicker than that, 2 pounds a week, so I'm definitely going to start keeping a food diary and trying to make an entry here as often as i can.:p:);):flirt2:

hi hun and welcome wd on your weightloss and wd for getting back to it.

hi gemmybean i was exactly like you, i fell off the track for about two weeks and when i weighed last night, to my surprise i had only gained 2.5 pounds when i was seriously expecting about 6!! So i'm on a mission now and im keeping a daily diary so i know every detail lol. good luck to us! xx

Oh for crying out loud!!!! - sort yourself out woman

Thanks for your words of support guys!!!!!!

So tonight was weigh in, and i went thinking that i would at least lose that one pound that I'd gained last week. But no, I've managed to gain another half pound. God this is so frustrating. I thought that i had been quite good this week, there may have been the odd day where i went over my syn allowance - which i know i shouldn't be doing!!! I'm starting to feel really disheartened - I know its not a lot really but well it just kinda feels a little depressing. I'm just gonna have to get more serious!!!

One thing that i like about myself is the fact that i don't tend to give up that easily. Although i have had two rather pants weeks, i can see that it is my own fault, and am aware that i need to make changes - i refuse to let this get the better of me!!!Also, just because i have had two bad weeks it doesn't mean that i should just chuck everything that i have already worked for out the window. So, although i was feeling super miserable, i still made a healthy choice for dinner.

My group leader suggested that i do a diet diary for this week, so she can have a look at what I'm doing wrong so I'm going to start that tomorrow, as do it religiously 'cause i do have a tendancy to forget.

I'm wondering if the gain is due to the fact that there are times when i don't eat veggies for dinner, or maybe my portion sizes are to large - thats a point i don't know if you guys can help, but are 'free foods' really free?? It sounds daft, but my OH thinks that it maybe because if I'm hungry after dinner ,for example, I'll have a bowl of SW chips or an omlette or something. I mean i can see where he's coming from, but i kinda thought that was the reason why this diet was so revolutionary hmmm - any comments would be appreciated muchly!!

Anyway, looking back on the week I'm starting to see where that gain may have come from. On sat, i didn't have my directory with me, and i just chose a pasta and chargrilled chicken salad - harmless enough i thought, I'm just looking it up now as i didn't have a chance before and... oh my gosh thats 14 syns alone. Hmmm things are starting to become clearer. Another day, i had a tube of soft mints (6.5), a dark chocolate and cherry muller, skips (4.5) and other things which i can't remember, I definitely went over that day as well. Today, i had an 2 choco digestives (4 each)(for no reason) and went over today. So, basically i know why I've gained half a pound - which kinda begs the question ''well if you know whats going to happen, why do it in the first place!!??''.

When i first started SW, i had a friend who had done it in the past and really didn't get on with it. She found herself having to cook separate meals, was missing chocolate, missed having a few glasses of wine on the weekends and gave up pretty quickly. When i started, i just thought, ' God what was she complaining about?' To me there was no need to 'cheat' as there was already enough that you could eat without having to resort to eating rubbish - oh how the tables have turned!!!!! I'm just going to try and go back to my thinking when i first started SW, to be honest there is plenty to eat, if i want chocolate i can have a dark choco muller, or a fun size bar, crisps - French fries, skips, and so on. I'm also going to try and ensure that i have fruit and vegetables with every meal. And most importantly make sure that i stick to the syn allowance - oh and exercise regularly!!!!

Re-reading this i can't believe how much i yabber on about nothing in particular. Talk about random ramblings...... lol

YEY

Well its nearing the end of the day, and i can definitely say that i have managed to stick to the SW plan 100% (God that feels good saying that). This is what i have eaten.

BREAKFAST - grapefruit, bran flakes, milk from allowance.

TEA BREAK - apple, pear, French fries

LUNCH - mixed salad, chicken pieces, sweetcorn

TEA BREAK - apple, pear, muller fruit

DINNER - left over spag bol

So, I'm feeling really good about today. I've filled in my diet diary for the day and i can honestly say that there isn't anything on it that i would be ashamed to write down or own up to. Yey!!!!!

hey hun!

with regards to the free food thing, it says in my handbook that each meal you have you should try and fill 1/3rd of your plate with superfree food - so just remember at each meal to make sure you have some fruit, veg or salad - stick at it you'll get there in the end! :)

Hi - that sounds like a fab day, keep at it and also - make sure you eat enough, your previous food diary looked a bit empty, a jacket and cottage cheese wouldn't keep me going all afternoon.

the third of a plate thing applies to extra easy i think, obvioulsy it's good to have speed foods, but i use to have a massive bowl of potato wedges / sw chips for my tea on green and would still lose 3lbs or so a week.

Keep updating on here and you'll be fine. good luck x

Back