Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Re-heating leftovers

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by laurab53, 18 January 2011 Social URL.

1. laurab53

laurab53 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Wibbly Wobblies
    I've got myself into a good habit of making a big batch of food on a Monday and freezing 2 portions to eat later in the week on days that I get home late. However when I reheat it (e.g. last week it was spag bol) it's loads dryer than when I first made it and doesn't taste as nice :-(

Anyone got any tips on how to reheat meals and not lose the yumminess?

Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You really need to ensure that when you make your bolognaise, curry etc that it is wetter than usual when you freeze it. Food always dries out a bit when frozen. When reheating it make sure it is piping hot all the way through.

HTH.

Denise

4. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you are reheating it in microwave then it will be dryer unfortunately. I tend to let things defrost first and then reheat in saucepan. Making sure it is piping hot throughout.

For things like shepherds pie or lasagna etc, I freeze portions before they have gone to the oven, I find they are then just as good as if making from fresh, as they still need some cooking.

5. laurab53

laurab53 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Wibbly Wobblies
    Thanks I'll try adding more liquid next time and reheating in saucepan rather than microwave.

6. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah I defiantly think letting them defrost makes a difference. I prefer pan heating too :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.