• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Re-heating leftovers

S: 16st10lb C: 16st5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 38.1 Loss: 0st5lb(2.14%)
I've got myself into a good habit of making a big batch of food on a Monday and freezing 2 portions to eat later in the week on days that I get home late. However when I reheat it (e.g. last week it was spag bol) it's loads dryer than when I first made it and doesn't taste as nice :-(

Anyone got any tips on how to reheat meals and not lose the yumminess?

Thanks! :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

joedenise

Target Member
S: 9st9lb C: 8st8lb G: 8st5lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 1st1lb(11.11%)
You really need to ensure that when you make your bolognaise, curry etc that it is wetter than usual when you freeze it. Food always dries out a bit when frozen. When reheating it make sure it is piping hot all the way through.

HTH.

Denise

If you are reheating it in microwave then it will be dryer unfortunately. I tend to let things defrost first and then reheat in saucepan. Making sure it is piping hot throughout.

For things like shepherds pie or lasagna etc, I freeze portions before they have gone to the oven, I find they are then just as good as if making from fresh, as they still need some cooking.

S: 16st10lb C: 16st5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 38.1 Loss: 0st5lb(2.14%)
Thanks I'll try adding more liquid next time and reheating in saucepan rather than microwave.