Re-starter -just had porridge

Miss M

I will do this!!!
HI all i am back after losing weight for my wedding then having a baby. I am now 4 1/2 stone overweight!!!!

Anyway i started yesterday and had the porridge i was so looking forward to it but i was dissapointed. I have 7 packs of the stuff. Well anyway today, i had it again but this time i put in some ground nutmeg and i found that it improved the taste for me and was so sickly sweet.

Not sure if that will help anyone but it made it more edible for me.

Happy losing everyone

Maybe add more water if you find it too sweet? Or a little skimmed milk. No point suggesting flavouring it with a teaspoon of shake powder as that might make it sweeter still. I would say a little extra water and the nutmeg.

Has anyone thought of putting a pinch of salt in to counteract the sweetness? Up in Scotland porridge is traditionally eaten with salt rather than sugar.

However, I'm lucky and obviously have a really sweet tooth cos I think the porridge is just fab as it comes. My favourite so far - feels like real food.

Val

Are you copy and pasting the bb code hun the other code wont work, hope that helps.x

ooooh, i obviously did something wrong with mine cause I thought it tasted like flour mixed with water yuck, a couple of spoonfulls and it went down the sink. xx

Miss M, I agree more water in it and add a bit of cinnamon. That should do it.

Back