Re-think for calorie eating levels

Discussion in 'News' started by LaLaLou, 14 November 2009 Social URL.

1. LaLaLou

LaLaLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.74%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Ah, that's nuts. For a start I don't think many 'experts' would agree with 2,000 for a lady these days.

Those figures were thought up long ago when our lifestyles were much more active with lack of cars and modern conveniences.

I really thought the article was going to be an official lowering of the recommended daily cals, not raising them :eek:

Besides, raising for exercise is so iffy anyway. It's often so misunderstood, not just the fact that they are suggesting raising it if you exercise, but the whole 'exercise for weight loss' which frequently doesn't work for various reasons and totally misses the point of why we really should include activity in our day. Blah blah...stupid article :(

Thanks for posting it though!

4. Mat

Mat taking control (again)

Having just seen this on the Yahoo home page it brought me back to Minis to see what is being said. I find this news absolutely crazy. It's obvious that they need to completely rethink the whole thing, but adding to the calorie intake is just ridiculous.

There are obviously a number of people that get paid stupid amounts of money to research these things and if none of them have the common sense to realise that it can't be done purely by age and gender, then they all need sacking!!

5. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

Diet:
    Total Solution
    Just heard it on BBC news I was like what how as if 2000+ calories ain't good enough

6. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    its stupid pleaseeeeeeeeee dont anyone listen to it x

7. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

I always thought the average woman should eat about 1700 calories... not that I 'do' calorie counting anyway.

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    In the end if you consume more calories than you burn, you'll put on weight.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.