Reaching Target in 2020

Hahah! your courgette experience is my experience with all growing - apart from a willow that I can't kill! I'm really hoping that these tomato plants will be my first success. I only have 6 seeds so I'm praying the slugs don't get them.
I will pick up a mint bush, I remember having one in the family as a child and it growing and growing.
Did you go shopping and get your self some nice things? I'm looking forward to seeing them :D

I was disappointed - I expected a big loss the first week and then smaller losses but I had expected 2lb-ish a week. Gains have really upset me, I won't lie. However, they have been an excellent learning point and for a change, they've not made me say "Oh well, I'm not bothering then" which is another success. I will have a look back at your diary when you started, now, thank you. That's great advice about the syns and I think you've nailed it. I'm a lot happier when I use my syns on mayo and a tsp of butter which just makes the difference in terms of sustainability.

Yeeeeessssss. Once I get there, I am going to continue with the plan to keep me on track. I still will have my Thursdays off plan - eating a slice of cake or whatever I fancy.

What do you do on SW when you want to maintain? You're so close, it's exciting :)

Day 732 Wednesday 6th May 2020
This morning, I decided to put on a dress (12/14)which is bodycon. It was too tight a few weeks ago and now, it fits me perfectly (mind you it is stretchy - most of my clothes are made of stretchy material as they are light and don't need ironing. I went out to post a parcel and ended up walking around the streets that I never get a chance to see at normal time. Got a glimpse of myself in a shop window and could not believe that it was me.
L - Homemade Cornish pasty and salad. It didn't look good as my potato (pasty part) was too wet & collapsed - I need fluffy potato for this. But it tasted good.
S -Apple, pear, Banana/coffee dessert - yogurt mixed with coffee & tsp sugar and layered with banana & blueberries - delish, 5 mini eggs
F - 4 black tea, 2L water
Exercise - 14,000 steps, 10 km exercise bike

That is so wonderful! Well done you for acknowledging your massive achievement getting there and not denying what you've achieved. That coffee dessert sounds awesome! It's going on my list for tomorrow! Thanks :D

Day 741 Monday 11th May 2020
Couldn't sleep as thinking about something. This morning got up & decided to get on with it Didn't get to eat until 16:30.
Tonight, I am happier as achieved part of what I started this morning. Long week ahead but it will be fine & I can achieve.

L - chicken salad (leaves, beetroot, basil, tom, cue, olives, mayo), slice of WM bread
D - Homus & basil sandwich
S - Nectarine, banana, apple
F - Black coffee, herbal tea
E -10,100 steps. Wanted to more but was getting dark and nobody around. Will do more tomorrow as I don't have my exercise bike this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20200511_162755052.jpg
    IMG_20200511_162755052.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200511_194342481.jpg
    IMG_20200511_194342481.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Day 742 - Tuesday 12th May 2020
Too hungry this morning as I didn't have much to eat yesterday.
Going to set off for a long walk soon.
Mission accomplished. Walked down to the sea and spend a lot of time there, thinking & freeing my emotions. There were a few people swimming in the sea.
Altogether a very productive day as I managed to give away some unwanted things.
B - Cheese, oatcake, Nectarine, blueberries
L - chips by the sea. I both enjoyed and didn't enjoy it. Enjoyed because I was mega hungry & didn't enjoy as it didn't taste the same as I remembered.
D - Forgot about the chips and chicken & Homus sandwich with salad (leaves, beetroot, basil, cue, tom, olives, mayo). Enjoyed it. I think sea air gave me an appetite.
S - 2 benefit bars, nectarine
F - 4 black tea, 1/2L water.
E - 18,000 steps

Attachments

• IMG_20200512_084030850.jpg
    IMG_20200512_084030850.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200512_120228940_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200512_120228940_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200512_174553747.jpg
    IMG_20200512_174553747.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Day 743 - Wednesday 13th May 2020
Not sure when I am going to exercise today as waiting for a plumber to fix a leaking pipe. Also it is forecast for cold & cloudy afternoon.
Didn't sleep much again so feeling so hungry but have to watch what I am eating. Thinking fruits for rest of the day.
B - Blue egg & Homus sandwich
L - Homus, ham & basil sandwich. Eating too much bread as it cold and cooker broken.
S - 2 Benefit bar, apple, clementines, banana
I am soooo angry. I advertised something free for my neighbour, this guy wrote to me early morning & told me he was interested and will definitely come to pick it up early evening. He was so polite & said he would adhere to all social distancing rules, etc 1.5 hours later no sign of him. I hate unreliable & time wasters. I am just thinking that I have been pranked. what do these pranksters get out of it. Agggrrr.
I waited for him & missed my walking. Perhaps I go out now and release my anger before it turns into a good binge.
Ok managed to walk a long way but didn't make my daily goal so I have to try harder tomorrow.
F - 2 Black hazelnut coffee, 2 herbal tea
E - 6,000 steps

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_102515996.jpg
    IMG_20200513_102515996.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Day 744 - Thursday 14th May 2020
Cannot weigh today as I don't have my scales. Instead I will do measurements to make me feel better. Haha.
Looked up my previous measurements and they were taken at the gym September 2019 - figures in () are from September.
Chest - 38 (42)
Waist - 36 (36)
Hips - 40.5 (41)
The only one I believe is correct is my bust. The rest of measurements were taken from certain distance from the floor which I can't do on my own.
Although measurements of waist & hips don't show a change my clothes fit me way more better than they did back in September.
Saw my doctor 3 months ago and she said oh "you are tiney now" & our consignee calls me "half pint". I don't think I am that small ( yes in comparison to before I am but I feel, I am an average size now). I will never allow myself to be that big again.
L - Chicken mayo & blue egg sandwich. Wanted to take a picnic for my walk but was too hungry so I ate it before leaving home.
D - Chicken salad (leaves, cue, Tim, olives, radish, couple of small blobs of mayo)
F - 2 black hazelnut coffee, herbal tea
E - 8,500 steps so far. Had to come back as I was getting too hot with my jacket on. Might do more later on

Attachments

• IMG_20200514_113211966.jpg
    IMG_20200514_113211966.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200514_150721466.jpg
    IMG_20200514_150721466.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Day 739 - Wednesday 13th May 2020
Not sure when I am going to exercise today as waiting for a plumber to fix a leaking pipe. Also it is forecast for cold & cloudy afternoon.
Didn't sleep much again so feeling so hungry but have to watch what I am eating. Thinking fruits for rest of the day.
L - Homus, ham & basil sandwich. Eating too much bread as it cold and cooker broken.
I am soooo angry. I advertised something free for my neighbour, this guy wrote to me early morning & told me he was interested and will definitely come to pick it up early evening. He was so polite & said he would adhere to all social distancing rules, etc 1.5 hours later no sign of him. I hate unreliable & time wasters. I am just thinking that I have been pranked. what do these pranksters get out of it. Agggrrr.
I waited for him & missed my walking. Perhaps I go out now and release my anger before it turns into a good binge.
Ok managed to walk a long way but didn't make my daily goal so I have to try harder tomorrow.
E - 6,000 steps

Firstly, those blue eggs!! Are they pickled? How are they blue? Do you like them?!!
Nothing worse than getting messed around by others. Well done for getting out regardless and avoiding the binge! There should be an award for that!

Firstly, those blue eggs!! Are they pickled? How are they blue? Do you like them?!!
Nothing worse than getting messed around by others. Well done for getting out regardless and avoiding the binge! There should be an award for that!
Just fancied experimenting as I was bored, so bought some food colouring. I suppose you can add some vinegar to preserve the eggs- I didn't have any. They tasted like normal eggs. I want to do rainbow colour egg salad next week.

Day 739 - Wednesday 13th May 2020
E - 6,000 steps
I hate that! Like you’ve nothing better to do than wait around. Well done going for a walk instead of a binge

Day 740 - Thursday 14th May 2020
Cannot weigh today as I don't have my scales. Instead I will do measurements to make me feel better. Haha.
Looked up my previous measurements and they were taken at the gym September 2019 - figures in () are from September.
Chest - 38 (42)
Waist - 36 (36)
Hips - 40.5 (41)
The only one I believe is correct is my bust. The rest of measurements were taken from certain distance from the floor which I can't do on my own.
Although measurements of waist & hips don't show a change my clothes fit me way more better than they did back in September.
Saw my doctor 3 months ago and she said oh "you are tiney now" & our consignee calls me "half pint". I don't think I am that small ( yes in comparison to before I am but I feel, I am an average size now). I will never allow myself to be that big again.
L - Chicken mayo & blue egg sandwich. Wanted to take a picnic for my walk but was too hungry so I ate it before leaving home.
D - Chicken salad (leaves, cue, Tim, olives, radish, couple of small blobs of mayo)
F - 2 black hazelnut coffee, herbal tea
E - 8,500 steps so far. Had to come back as I was getting too hot with my jacket on. Might do more later on

I rekon the next time you weigh you will be at goal. When will you have scales again?
That blue egg is divine! I adore them 😍

I rekon the next time you weigh you will be at goal. When will you have scales again?
That blue egg is divine! I adore them 😍
Not sure when I can get to my scales as I am selling my property & getting ready for completion by end of the month. It is so stressful.
My losses are so slow that I don't think I will be at goal soon - I will be chuffed if I am by end of the month.
I am going to try doing some orange eggs to see how they come out.
I have been really bad & eating rubbish all afternoon for some unknown reason.arrggg

Last edited:
Let's hope I get some positive response. I felt more angry because I was doing it for my neighbour.
Do you know I readvertised again & got this guy who promised to come but called me last minute to say he couldn't. Luckily got someone else & he came as promised. I open the door for him & as the item was already outside he took it away. I must say everyone has been so good - it only when I tried to do this favour for my neighbour that all went wrong.
It is all good now.

Do you know I readvertised again & got this guy who promised to come but called me last minute to say he couldn't. Luckily got someone else & he came as promised. I open the door for him & as the item was already outside he took it away. I must say everyone has been so good - it only when I tried to do this favour for my neighbour that all went wrong.
It is all good now.

The balance is restored again. For now! Are you moving far? I used to move every 2 years ish and we've been here for 7 years! I'm craving the chaos of moving. I know it's difficult though. I wouldn't lose any weight if I were moving! That's for sure.

A friend of mine very kindly mentioned that the Scottish have a wonder called a Munchie box (warning, only look it up if you're able to resist) last night and I've spent every minute since thinking of it. Oh, crappy food! Eating pizza while sitting on a sofa made of moving boxes! Fun times!

Orange eggs will be delicious! They might even go orange all the way through! You are programmed to weigh today so you're allowed a little indulgence.

The balance is restored again. For now! Are you moving far? I used to move every 2 years ish and we've been here for 7 years! I'm craving the chaos of moving. I know it's difficult though. I wouldn't lose any weight if I were moving! That's for sure.

A friend of mine very kindly mentioned that the Scottish have a wonder called a Munchie box (warning, only look it up if you're able to resist) last night and I've spent every minute since thinking of it. Oh, crappy food! Eating pizza while sitting on a sofa made of moving boxes! Fun times!

Orange eggs will be delicious! They might even go orange all the way through! You are programmed to weigh today so you're allowed a little indulgence.
I can imagine what Munchie box is.
I have been very careful during lockdown & because I live on my own, I don't have to buy anything I don't want.to. but being WI day & stress of selling & being bored has a lot to do with my eating. I will be fine again tomorrow.
Just went out to do more walking but there were too many chavs in the park so came back.

Day 746 - Saturday 16th May 2020
B - Cottage cheese, Nectarine, bluberries
L - Corned beef, mayo & salad on crisp breads
D - More corned beef & crisp breads with cherry tomatoes & radish. Didn't have anything else & couldn't go to shops.
S - Strawberry
F - 4 black hazelnut coffee
E - No walking today but might go out later on. If not I do extra tomorrow.
Planning to stay in bed longer tomorrow as I have not been sleeping well again.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_082149447.jpg
    IMG_20200516_082149447.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200516_124616854.jpg
    IMG_20200516_124616854.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Day 747 - Sunday 17th May 2020
B - corned beef with crisp breads. Sick of it now
D - chicken curry, rice & salad. Normally make my own but with no cooker & utensils there no choice. It wasn't too bad 475 calories.
S - pkt of minstrels, yogurt with grains & walnut
F - 3 black hazelnut coffee
E - 16,000 steps

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_155703335.jpg
    IMG_20200517_155703335.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200517_153533373.jpg
    IMG_20200517_153533373.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20200517_130033833.jpg
    IMG_20200517_130033833.jpg