Read this if you've blown it this weekend!

Dislike this thread.

Don't buy things and have them in house if you don't want to eat them and don't go down the bad aisles (crisps,choc etc) when shopping.
Its not always as easy as that I share a house with 4 other people and was away this weekend with my daughter and friends, they don't have weight issues so why should they not be allowed to have things.
Also in the long run for me there are going to be times when I do have these things as its normal to have holidays/celebrations/treats etc and then get back on plan. It was getting back on plan which this thread was about I thought but obviously we all have our ways of doing things and if you are able to avoid all bad things then thats great.

Not always as easy as that. If we never gave into temptation, we'd never have got overweight.

To true and i think the problem is 90% in the mind. For whatever reason this year everything has just clicked for me. I have yo yo'd up and down for years but i seem to have the right mental attitude towards it and can see the bigger picture alot more clearer now. Plus i have never been so determined in the whole of my life to finally beat this demon and bury it forever.

I suppose everyone does things there own way, just this time ive decided to take the fast lane.

Its not always as easy as that I share a house with 4 other people and was away this weekend with my daughter and friends, they don't have weight issues so why should they not be allowed to have things.
Also in the long run for me there are going to be times when I do have these things as its normal to have holidays/celebrations/treats etc and then get back on plan. It was getting back on plan which this thread was about I thought but obviously we all have our ways of doing things and if you are able to avoid all bad things then thats great.

Well all i can say is there is 5 people that live in our house and everyone is seeing the benefits of eating alot more healthy and not everyone is following SW in our house but we all work together as a unit to support each other and every single one of us understands its a better way of eating for the rest of our lives and that it can add years onto your life by not abusing our bodys anymore.

And yes i have abused my body for most of my life eating and drinking like a man possessed so i know what its like.

Thing is, I don't want to restrict my daughters access to foods. I want there to be crisps and biscuits and such like in the house. She has learned that these things are treats, they don't get eaten all the time or binged on. Just because I have a weight problem doesn't mean she had to have one.

I have to learn to behave around food!!

Anyway, we know what we can and can't have. This is about supporting those who have a blip!!

Yesterday I had a bag of liquorice all sorts, I was proud of myself for not having a pud after lunch out so had these as a treat! Why, I do not know but I won't let it spoil today.

And yes i have abused my body for most of my life eating and drinking like a man possessed so i know what its like.

Yes I abused my body for years too but having chocolate/crisps/alcohol is not necessarily abusing your body it was the quantities and amounts/frequency that caused/causes me the problems. My hubby and kids don't have the issues I had/have.

I have had too much of everything this weekend but with what I have learnt from SW I can get back on plan today as op suggested/encouraged.

And I would like to point out that I actually dont buy those sorts of things anyway - my hubby never eats sweet stuff or crisps and my daughter thats still at home will pop top the shop and buy herself something if she fancies it.
The fact that i live virtually 2 minutes away from 2 Co-ops, a bakers and 4 takeaways means that I dont really need to think too hard when i want to be naughty LOL x

stivesliz said:
And I would like to point out that I actually dont buy those sorts of things anyway - my hubby never eats sweet stuff or crisps and my daughter thats still at home will pop top the shop and buy herself something if she fancies it.
The fact that i live virtually 2 minutes away from 2 Co-ops, a bakers and 4 takeaways means that I dont really need to think too hard when i want to be naughty LOL x

We shouldn't be having to defend our little blow outs Liz. This is surely about supporting and not making one night spoil a week.

You started a great thread here, lets keep it to how it was intended. It's all too easy to say we shouldn't do it, but we do, and I'm sure most if us will continue to do it too.

It is great you are so focussed to get back on track. And that you are realistic with your aims. I joined the Xmas thread when it was 21 weeks until Xmas, the sun being 21lbs in 21 weeks. Fab. Really I only want 20.5lbs to bring me to 4.5 stone. This is just 5lbs away now, and last Wednesday we were to write down our Christmas wish. Mine is still 4.5 stone. Because I'm doing well at the moment my consultant suggested aiming for 5 stone. This would leave no wiggle room for the days we go "whoops". I'd rather aim for 4st7lb and get 4st9lb, than aim for 5st and get 4st9lb as I'd feel like I failed, despite the result being the same.

That said I try really hard to stay consistant (jenna knows for a couple of weeks I was consistantly rubbish!) To stop myself over eating post weigh in (and mine is in the morning so that leaves a lot of overeating time) I try to think I have 7 days to lose weight in, or I could over eat today, try to compensate for 3 days which will leave me 3 days to lose what I already have to lose. This can be seen as, I can still claim a loss, or, do I want to maximize my loss this week. It means I feel less pressure but I usually want to maximize it!

Food is tricky. For an alcoholic you have to be dry. For a smoker out with the cigarettes and either nothing or gum/patches etc. But imagine being told you have to smoke, but only certain brands, or, say, menthol light, and you can only have 1 and a half instead of 20 silk cut? There'd be people going crazy. (can you tell I don't smoke, Haha.) But it is along the same lines as losing weight really. You have to eat, it is something you enjoy (mostly) but now you have new rules in place that changes everything you are used to. Sometimes you will get a bit crazy.

Franalamadingdong said:
It is great you are so focussed to get back on track. And that you are realistic with your aims. I joined the Xmas thread when it was 21 weeks until Xmas, the sun being 21lbs in 21 weeks. Fab. Really I only want 20.5lbs to bring me to 4.5 stone. This is just 5lbs away now, and last Wednesday we were to write down our Christmas wish. Mine is still 4.5 stone. Because I'm doing well at the moment my consultant suggested aiming for 5 stone. This would leave no wiggle room for the days we go "whoops". I'd rather aim for 4st7lb and get 4st9lb, than aim for 5st and get 4st9lb as I'd feel like I failed, despite the result being the same.

That said I try really hard to stay consistant (jenna knows for a couple of weeks I was consistantly rubbish!) To stop myself over eating post weigh in (and mine is in the morning so that leaves a lot of overeating time) I try to think I have 7 days to lose weight in, or I could over eat today, try to compensate for 3 days which will leave me 3 days to lose what I already have to lose. This can be seen as, I can still claim a loss, or, do I want to maximize my loss this week. It means I feel less pressure but I usually want to maximize it!

Food is tricky. For an alcoholic you have to be dry. For a smoker out with the cigarettes and either nothing or gum/patches etc. But imagine being told you have to smoke, but only certain brands, or, say, menthol light, and you can only have 1 and a half instead of 20 silk cut? There'd be people going crazy. (can you tell I don't smoke, Haha.) But it is along the same lines as losing weight really. You have to eat, it is something you enjoy (mostly) but now you have new rules in place that changes everything you are used to. Sometimes you will get a bit crazy.

Love the way you describe it in the last bit fran, very true x

Awesome :)

I read on here once; "if you were given 7 red roses and 1 died, you wouldn't throw the other 6 away"

I love this saying now and always get straight back on plan IF I ever slip up

Thank you to whoever wrote that on one of these threads!

I also would like to add that I have enjoyed eating chocolate and crisps the entire time I have been on slimming world and fully believe that cutting them out completely will only increase your desire for them. 15 or even 10 syns a day is plenty to incorporate a treat :)

Laurajade23 said:
Awesome :)

I read on here once; "if you were given 7 red roses and 1 died, you wouldn't throw the other 6 away"

I love this saying now and always get straight back on plan IF I ever slip up

Thank you to whoever wrote that on one of these threads!

I also would like to add that I have enjoyed eating chocolate and crisps the entire time I have been on slimming world and fully believe that cutting them out completely will only increase your desire for them. 15 or even 10 syns a day is plenty to incorporate a treat :)

I say that quite often! My consultant said it to me and it stuck with me xx

stivesliz said:
There's a bar of bubbly cadbury's looking at me!

Break it in to 6 syns chunks and put them in food bags and in the fridge. I find this helps with family share bars and also things like quality street, Heros. Make them in to 10 syn bags and then you can have some but don't risk the "just one more" danger :) xx

Franalamadingdong said:
Miss lindsay that is a great idea! I am such a bad one for "just a smidge more" and the whole thing is gone.

It's really useful at christmas time! Yep, that's why I can't keep biscuits in the house as can't trust myself not to eat a whole packet lol x

I say that quite often! My consultant said it to me and it stuck with me xx

Me too, I often quote it on this site. Our c once brought in a vase of flowers, one with a broken stalk and said would you throw the rest away because this one has died. Stuck with me ever since and I often say this to others who are struggling. I think its a very good image to hold in your head when we have difficult days.

hollys nan said:
Me too, I often quote it on this site. Our c once brought in a vase of flowers, one with a broken stalk and said would you throw the rest away because this one has died. Stuck with me ever since and I often say this to others who are struggling. I think its a very good image to hold in your head when we have difficult days.

Couldn't agree more, we are all human and it puts things into perspective x

Back