Ready and raring to go but a bit nervous!

Discussion in 'Harcombe Diet' started by MadamDotty, 7 November 2010 Social URL.

1. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Went to Tesco this morning and did my shopping so I'm all ready for the grand start tomorrow - have read my book from front to back and think I've got it all & I'm just about to go and make some Roasted Red Pepper soup for tomorrow's lunch. So why nervous - well I'm not entirely sure but partly because I so want this to work and I'm worried it won't for me - as when I did Atkins I plateau'd for weeks and lost all heart & motivation, and having only really successfully lost weight before doing Cambridge it's one of those diets that almost seem too good to be true, although I do understand how calories have mislead me all these years. I'm also concerned about the amount of cooking I'm going to be doing as I am the Ready Meal Queen and live off the stuff, I find cooking a chore but I've got so lazy that I do think this will do me good, in more ways than one and my eating habits need to drastically change. I did have a pleasant surprise with my shopping bill, I thought it was going to be horrendous, but eating ready meals ain't cheap and we don't eat a lot of cheap, carby meals, so it wasn't any more than normal, despite the higher amount of fresh meat and loads of fresh veg - i did feel very virtuous putting all my fresh veggies on the conveyor at the till, the woman in front was having a good old look - mind you she was probably wondering how come I was fat eating such healthy food LOL :p

So I'm just about ready once I've made my soup, bit concerned about the food, bacon & eggs not my favourite thing to have every day but it's only for 5 days and then I'll have some porridge, or muesli and definitely some berries - oh can't wait for those. I'm not a big fruit eater, so not worried about missing fruit, although I do like berries and although I love chocolate & carbs I think I'll be ok but will miss sweet things I'm sure, I'm more worried about caffeine and caffeine withdrawal as that's gonna hurt I know - I can't face black coffee as I mostly drink (fattening) cappuccinos's so it's going to be a real cold turkey withdrawal - but I know I'll feel better for it in the long run.

Roll on tomorrow and the next chapter in getting thinner and healthier!

Jan xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. motherof2

motherof2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.46%)
    Good luck Joan. I was nervous too before I started. If you can get through the first 5 days you will feel great. Lots of water and early nights!!

Look forward to following your progress.

4. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    Jan, I have to be honest and say that I can't tell the difference between caffeinated & decaff coffee - never have been able to:eek:

I'm sure you'll do really well - just remember to drink as much water as poss;)

5. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Thanks guys :D

It's not the fact I don't like decaff, it's that I can't drink black coffee, so I won't be having any and I know I'm going to have the mother of all headaches, especially combined with sugar withdrawal - but it has to be done & I'm now ready!

Made my soup this afternoon, nearly a disaster - how on earth do you peel cooked peppers, they're slippery little bu**ers and did not want to be peeled, ooh I was cursing - no wonder I eat so many ready meals, pinging the microwave is so much easier LOL. Plus I burnt the onions and only bought 4 peppers instead of 6 (you see I wasn't kidding - I'm no Nigella!!!) however the finished result was very tasty, I was impressed, so was hubby, but shame we've only got half a mug of soup each by the I'd finished! So will be taking some salad too :p I'm very impressed with myself though as I remembered to take the prawns out of the freezer to have in my salad & my first ever homemade soup, in the end, wasn't half bad :D Gawd all this cooking - it's kill or cure time :p

6. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    Well done you:D

I don't want to lead you into bad ways already but I have never peeled my peppers:rolleyes:
    Not 100% sure if this recipe is 'kosha' for Phase 1 but my BNS soup is just 1 BNS peeled & chopped, 2 red peppers de-seeded & chopped, 1 lge onion peeled & chopped all in a large saucepan with 1.5pts of veg stock - I use 2 veg oxo cubes. Bring to the boil & then simmer for 20-25mins (till BNS is soft). Allow to cool a little then blitz till no bits ;)
    Usually makes at least 1ltr of soup once done. If you find it a little bland you could add a little paprika.

Good luck with Phase 1:p

7. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Yum - that sounds good, I think I'll give that one a go, sounds easier :D

8. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Good luck for today!!!!

Peeling peppers? I've never heard such a thing?!!?!?!?!!? lol. Then again i'm no Nigella either and Jim's been doing most of our cooking on the diet!

I felt like pants last week but by the weekend, especially yesterday was feeling fabaroony!!!!

What's your menu today then? x

9. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Ooh I’m glad it’s not just me then, I don’t feel like a complete failure at the moment LOL. The recipe came from the Harcombe recipe book and it definitely says after roasting peel the peppers then chop, I shan’t bother next time, i don’t think it’ll make that much difference after I’ve blitzed it with the blender.

Just posted my menu on the menu thread Karen, but today is:

B – Bacon & eggs
    L – The soup plus a prawn salad
    D – planning to make butternut squash curry with brown rice
    S – NLY
    Feeling ok, so far, but it is only just gone 11 am! LOL :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.