Ready For CHANGE!

ThePersonWithin

Hello Everyone! I just joined today! My name is Heather, I'm 24 years old. My husbands name is Nathan, and we've been married for going on 7 years! We have a 6 year old son also named Nathan, everyone calls him Nanate (sounds like nay nate) I came across this site while doing some research on the gastric bypass surgery. I don't know much about this site, but am happy to meet new people, and enter a world of new friends and new support. I currently weigh about 245 lbs. Weight has always been an issue for me, I've always been chubby. In 2005 when I had my son, it just added extra weight to the chub, and stuck. I am very interested in having the gastric bypass surgery, as I've seen the results in numerous people around me. My mother in law had the surgery before I met my husband, but I've seen pictures of her before the surgery. My brother in law, who is now 21 had the surgery a little over a year ago, and is half the person he used to be. Other family members, friends, etc. I am inspired by what this surgery could do. I have been on diets on and off, without any change. My health hasn't been my top priority, and I am in need of a change. I no longer want to feel trapped inside my body, I want people to see me for the awesome person I am :D This excess weight is "weighing me down" pun intended ;) I made the first step, I called around today, made a dr's appointment for tomorrow, and will take it from there. I hope to show my dr that I am a great canidate for this surgery, and get a referral. I know it will be a long road ahead of me, but I am ready! So I am looking forward to meeting new friends, and anyone with advice on the surgery and everything that goes along with it is more than welcome to share with me! :D HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Welcome to the site Heather and good luck with the weight loss.

Hey hun, I know what you mean about thinking about the surgery but I could never do it myself, way too many risks for me personally. Which diets have you tried? I have also ALWAYS been big (was even born a 10lbs 3 heffa) and have tried dieting here and there but never really stuck at anything for varies reasons and decided after my second turned 8 months I couldn't blame baby weight anymore lol. I turn 30 next year and want to be slim for the first time in my life. I have also set my wedding date for next year so do NOT want to be a fat bride! So I joined slimming world. I was 277lb when I started! I have already lost 19.5lbs and know that I can lose the weight as long as I follow the plan it's just going to take time. Now I don't know you but just from reading what you put I'm not sure if surgery would be the best option. I could be completely wrong but firstly it doesn't suit everyone and loosing weight that fast can leave other body issues ie excess skin if you don't take control of your relationship with food yourself then there is every chance you can gaining it back... now I don't know a great deal about the surgery but do know to be considered for anything like this you have to show the willingness to lose some yourself first. This isn't meant to come across harsh in any way and sorry if it does, I just worry for people who want a 'quick fix', I COMPLETELY understand it but I also no that if you put the work in you are more likely to be happy. Good luck with whatever route you take

Back