Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Ready-made CD milkshakes`

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by MaxieP, 22 May 2010 Social URL.

1. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

Not sure if these have an actual name? Tried one today (usually just order chocolate packets as hate everything else) as I saw one at CDC's and actually sort of liked it :)

Question is, how many can we have a day?

Thanks in advance,

Maxie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

hi they are called (tetra) i only had these really.

what cd plan are you on first?

4. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

Maxie

5. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but you can have your full 3 or 4 packs a day allowance on it (that's SS).

I love the tetras and the last twice I have been on CD I only got the chocolate tetras so this time I got all the flavoured packets to try and I still totally prefer the tetras. To me, they taste much smoother and no matter how smooth I get the packet it still tastes grainy and powdery to me. Looks like I will be back to the tetras again too! I have 3wks to wait though of using packets as my CDC is away on holiday! Aagghh!

6. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

I agree, I can't stomach the packets, only when mixed with water flavouring in to a mousse-type thing. Otherwise they taste so salty. I tried drinking the tetra thing from the glass but the smell was awful. Thankfully a straw sorted that out :) It would be nice to at least eat 2 things, as I have to have 4 packets a day :D

Thanks for your help

7. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

well u can have 4 tetra's then?? ive never noticed a smell to them lol

8. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

I think I will have 2 tetras and 2 powder and water flavouring mix. I'm so excited I get a combination. Oh dear, it's a bit sad ;)

9. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

ok no it's good to hear that u are excited that's what it is all about.!!

looking forward to a 'new' you.! xx

10. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

It's the little things that keep you going! Lost 5 stone on Cambridge before on just one flavour. So much harder this time around, but at least I know my issues so hoping it won't go back on! Another flavour makes it much more bearable :)

11. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

WOW you can do it again then.!!

what flavour lol?

12. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, I have a number of clients who only have choc tetras. Lovely in coffee[​IMG]

13. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

Only chocolate. Hate strawberry-flavoured anything! Thanks, hope I can :)

How do you have it in coffee? Use the Tetra instead of water? I'm (easily) confused :)

14. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    I totally agree, lovely in coffee, they've saved me in Starbucks lots of times. Instead of ordering a hot chocolate or a cappuccino I just get an ordinary black coffee and put my choc tetra in, it's like a mocha then, yummy. Just a shame I can't seem to stomach coffee anymore while I'm on CD

15. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

Hi Surfhunny,

I can't have coffee if I have it first thing in the morning as it sets off my IBS. As long as I have it after a packet I'm ok :)

16. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    It makes me puke no matter when I have it. It's very strange, cos I can have it when I'm not on CD. I used to replace milk with the chocolate tetra, just make coffee the normal way, then instead of milk use choc tetra. x

17. MaxieP

MaxieP Full Member

Thanks will give it a go :)

Strange about coffee, maybe it's just too much for your stomach when it's 'empty' doing CD.

18. NooNoo1970

NooNoo1970 Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    when I did cd before i always used to keep a tetra in the freezer and then if i was out for the day I would take one with me and it would always be nice and cold, also another good way to eat it was to get it out an hour or so before I wanted it, let it melt a bit and then open the packet and eat it with a spoon, like an ice cream, lovely!! and it lasts for ages!
    tetras were also great for grabbing first thing in the morning and popping in my bag, as I very rarely have time in the morning to make up a shake before school run!!
    Good luck with it all, I am starting back again on 1 june!
    x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.