Ready made meals...

mrsf83

Hi,

Do CD do all their shake flavours ready made?
How about the soups?

Found mixing the shakes in a bottle for work hard work cos they remained lumpy?!

Had the leek and pot soup last night and still had lumps, no matter how much I stirred!

Not nice swallowing powdered lumps!

Ant tips??

Thanks all x

mrsf

mrsf

Hi I use a stick blender if u haven't got one asda do them really cheap life saver lol

I wouldn't have lasted a day on the Cambridge Diet without an electric handblender. If you're not strapped for cash, one that packs a bit more of a punch (600W) is more recommended than a less powerful one. That way you can put lots of ice into a shake and easily make it into a smoothy (so much better that way!).

I couldn't do lumps. My worst moment on the diet ever was the day I tried to make hot chocolate using a powdered shake (without a blender). I gagged on the lumps - I can still remember how awful it felt! :eek:

Cambridge currently only do three ready-mades - known as tetras: Banana Bliss, Chocolate Velvet and Strawberry Silk.

Thanks both going to get one today as mine has packed in!

Ta

mrsf

I wouldn't have lasted a day on the Cambridge Diet without an electric handblender. If you're not strapped for cash, one that packs a bit more of a punch (600W) is more recommended than a less powerful one. That way you can put lots of ice into a shake and easily make it into a smoothy (so much better that way!).

I couldn't do lumps. My worst moment on the diet ever was the day I tried to make hot chocolate using a powdered shake (without a blender). I gagged on the lumps - I can still remember how awful it felt! :eek:

Cambridge currently only do three ready-mades - known as tetras: Banana Bliss, Chocolate Velvet and Strawberry Silk.

Do you just add ice and blend in with the powder and water ? Does it matter how much ice ?

I add the ice to the water and blend that first until its thick and smooth then add the shake powder. The tetra packs are handy for on the go, some people can't get away with them but I have them every day at work.

I add the ice to the water and blend that first until its thick and smooth then add the shake powder. The tetra packs are handy for on the go, some people can't get away with them but I have them every day at work.

I'm off work until the 5th March but those tetra packs would be ideal for me as I work shifts and I can just take those instead of sachet, beaker etc, Thanks for response x

The tetra cartons of ready mixed shake are handy - they only come in banana, chocolate or strawberry. I tend to have either one of these or one of the bars when I'm at work (most people start getting the bars after the first couple of weeks)

Cambridge Weight Plan: Products

I love my hand blender and have a little routine of using it for most of the water, and then using the last of the water to clean it over my soup/shake/porridge so that I don't leave any on there - I don't know why by I like playing a little game with myself of seeing if I can get every tiniest bit of the powder into my tummy! :)

I went travelling while on CD and lived on powder poured into a water bottle and then shaken - get the right bottle and a vigorous arm action going, and it is possible, but you have to give it a good few minutes of shaking!! Better to get the cartons/bars and hand blender

x

Thanks Enough,
Ive emailed 8 CDC so fingers crossed one of them will get back to me soon, I have at least 3 weeks worth of sachets, will make a list later tonight and sort through what I have then take it from there.
Thanks again x

angelupnorth said:
Thanks Enough,
Ive emailed 8 CDC so fingers crossed one of them will get back to me soon, I have at least 3 weeks worth of sachets, will make a list later tonight and sort through what I have then take it from there.
Thanks again x

I'm from the North East, but down in Teesside. I hope a CDC emails you soon!!

Thanks Surfhunny,
I'm trying to read about people and find out how everyone is getting on etc. How you finding it ?

Hi. I had a response from [email protected] within an hour when I first emailed her. But she is based in Spennymoor so that would be even further away from you angelupnorth. I didn't actually use her in The end because she couldn't see me for a few days and I wanted to get started urgently while I had my head in The zone.
X

angelupnorth said:
Thanks Surfhunny,
I'm trying to read about people and find out how everyone is getting on etc. How you finding it ?

Not great but don't let that put you off!! This is a great diet and it worked brilliantly for me first time round. I managed to keep the weight off for years with exercise and sensible eating but last year I got an injury which meant I was couch bound for 2 months and couldn't exercise for a long time after so a bit of weight went back on.

Been trying to get back into it to shift it but things have been getting in the way a bit. I've started again though, had bad weigh in yesterday so head is back in it now. I've been trying to do SS+ which includes a limited meal but I'm finding it makes me want to eat more so I'm going to go back to SS and abstain from food completely, taking all temptation away.

Good luck x

Surfhunny said:
Not great but don't let that put you off!! This is a great diet and it worked brilliantly for me first time round. I managed to keep the weight off for years with exercise and sensible eating but last year I got an injury which meant I was couch bound for 2 months and couldn't exercise for a long time after so a bit of weight went back on.

Been trying to get back into it to shift it but things have been getting in the way a bit. I've started again though, had bad weigh in yesterday so head is back in it now. I've been trying to do SS+ which includes a limited meal but I'm finding it makes me want to eat more so I'm going to go back to SS and abstain from food completely, taking all temptation away.

Good luck x

Hope things get easier, you've done it before and I'm sure you can do it again.
I'm feeling very positive at the moment, let's just hope it stays like that lol x

angelupnorth said:
Hope things get easier, you've done it before and I'm sure you can do it again.
I'm feeling very positive at the moment, let's just hope it stays like that lol x

I'm sure you will, especially when you start seeing great losses!!!

Back