Just saying hello!

Donut-Donut

Hi everyone, I was overtaken by some kind of madness and the next thing I knew 42 shakes and soups had shown up on my doorstep. This is the closest I’ve come to wanting to tackle my weight for a very long time, so I’m just going with it and seeing if the motivation lasts.

Started this morning with an almond vanilla shake (which was much nicer than I expected it to be), but then had a really busy day at work and so I only had my second pack an hour ago (chicken and leek soup, better than I imagined, but a bit “frothy”).

I’m not sure what I should do about the 3rd pack - should there be a big gap between packs? My stomach feels a little burbly so i’m not sure I fancy another one tonight.

I guess this forum isn’t very busy, which is a shame :-(

Day 2 update anyway:
Cherries and Berries for breakfast, I liked that one as well.
Butternut squash soup for lunch, flavour was ok but I didn’t have access to a shaker or hand blender at work so it didn’t mix up well and was all lumpy, bleuuggh! Was in and out of meetings so I actually only managed to eat half of it anyway.
Chocolate shake for dinner, which is probably my least favourite flavour so far - might try blending it with coffee and ice next time instead.

Headache this morning, which I didn’t really expect until tomorrow based on other blogs I’ve read. Finding drinking all the water quite tough.

Welcome donut. X

I've never done a vlcd before, I'm a slimming world gal so can't really comment on your meals but I didn't want to leave you hanging for a reply.

There are specific forums for vlcd, maybe take a look... not sure what you are doing, so have a butchers on the home page and see where to go.

Also maybe start a thread in weight loss diaries x

Good luck with your journey. X

Thanks Green Eyed Monster :)
I’ve lost and regained at Slimming World a couple of times now, but it looks like you’re doing great 👍
Well done :0clapper:

Day 3 - this is starting to become a diary, so it’s probably on the wrong board, but never mind.

Breakfast was strawberry shake - perfectly acceptable flavour
Lunch was missed as all my work meetings ran into each other.
I finally ate a mushroom soup pack at about 7pm - tasted OK but I needed to add quite a bit of black pepper and it was again very foamy - I wonder if the soups would benefit from extra water to make them thinner?
I tried turning a chocolate mint shake into hot chocolate but that was gross - only managed to drink half of it.

Been feeling thirsty all the time so drinking lots of water 💦
Starting to miss real food now, but the scales are showing a loss already so i’m staying strong!

Back