ready to quit

thanks guys think i hit a wall yesterday my kids r so fussy with food i have to make them seperate dinners lol today is a new day thanks for ur encouragement guys im so easy to chuck the towel but i cant, i tried weight watchers before but i was so hungry all the time i have a slow cooker just need to figure out recipies as i dnt like beans or chilli or kidney beans or celery or asparagus ect so im quite limited veg wise i tht it had to be different foods all the time. i am back on the plan!!! thanks again for your undertanding and help xxx

Shellbye30 said:
thanks guys think i hit a wall yesterday my kids r so fussy with food i have to make them seperate dinners lol today is a new day thanks for ur encouragement guys im so easy to chuck the towel but i cant, i tried weight watchers before but i was so hungry all the time i have a slow cooker just need to figure out recipies as i dnt like beans or chilli or kidney beans or celery or asparagus ect so im quite limited veg wise i tht it had to be different foods all the time. i am back on the plan!!! thanks again for your undertanding and help xxx

Make your own recipes-put whatever meat and veg you like in and then add an oxo cube or some herbs with a bit of water :)

Never say cant! Cooking isn't hard really, maybe being a master chef is, but Im a student and didn't cook anything before slimming world but now i do my families tea each night.
A simple spag bol, homemade chips, meatballs, pasta dishes??

I made my SU savoury mince yesterday with a stir fry pack of veg. It was lovely too!!!

Princess_Stevie said:
You are already almost half a stone down, why quit now?

Cooking from scratch doesn't have to get you flustered. Before joining SW I couldn't cook at all! Now I cook fresh meals every day, which are all really quick and easy to make too. Even my parents, who are not following SW, enjoy the meals I cook!

One of the easiest meals I cook is stir fry. I had this for tea last night and it took me literally 15 minutes to make! I chopped up a chicken breast, a pepper, a handful of mushrooms and a red onion and fried them in a pan with some FryLight. Once the chicken was cooked and the vegetables had begun to soften, I added a handful of mangetout and a handful of baby sweetcorn - allow them to heat through. Add a sprinkle of chinese 5 spice and a few splashes of soy sauce and voi la! As simple as that. Can be served with rice, noodles, or just on it's own!

What about bolognese, that's another quick and easy one to make. Fry off your extra lean mince, chopped red pepper and chopped red onion in a pan with Fry Light. Once the mince has browned, add 1 can of chopped tomatoes with herbs. Stir well and allow the sauce to simmer. Meanwhile boil some pasta/spaghetti and once cooked, drain and serve with the sauce over the top.

Burgers - so simple to make and I'm sure it would be something the whole family could enjoy! Just simply chop a red onion and mix with a packet of extra lean mince. Add a sprinkling of aromat (or whatever herbs etc. you like) and a dash of soy sauce for flavour. Mix well and form into pattys. Place on a baking tray misted with FryLight and pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes (can vary depending on size/thickness of burgers). Serve with SW chips and/or lots of yummy superfree salad. Or pop your burger into a 60g wholemeal roll and count that as your healthy b!

What about pizzas. They're family friendly and so easy to make! I usually use either a weight watchers tortilla wrap (5 syns) or a warburtons square wrap (8 syns) as a base. Top with either pasatta/chopped tomatoes/tomatoe puree and then any meat/vegetables of your choice. I like to use mushrooms, peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion and sweetcorn. Top off with a healthy a choice of grated cheese and pop in the oven for about 12 minutes. They are gorgeous! Again, serve with SW chips and/or salad.

There are all sorts of simple and easy recipes you could try! Just because you "can't" cook, don't give up. You'll be amazed at what you can actually do if you just give it a try...

Great ideas, love them. Tried burgers before and blended them added egg etc and fried and were horrible. I never thought to cook them in oven. Sounds like something I will be tryin thanks

I think the slow cooker idea is fabulous - I must search for mine - it's been put away. you could do a double batch of stews and casseroles and then freeze half. I know you said you don't cook - can't cook but it's so simples - last night I did the chicken recipe out the new SW mag - apart from the chopping and fry-light frying off at the beginning it was a one pot meal which included potatoes - it was delicious -

you must be stressed out though beyond belief - so try and do a few nicer things for yourself too - include the face mask and a bubble bath - go for a little walk in the fresh air (rain permitting) - ring a friend who calms you - then get back to the grind. GOOD LUCK

I made a stir fry tonight n it was lovely its my bday tomorrow so may b bad but I'm not gnna stress I'll just get back on bandwagon I took ur advice and bulk made and froze the extra thank goodness for
Stock cubes my cooking is gash at best of times! X

Swop to aldi. I just posted this elsewhere today but seriously I'm saving a lot. I have 4 children and they can clear a bowl of fruit in a day. Aldi fruit and veg is so cheap. Pineapples 69p last monday. Cucumbers were 39p a wee ago, 3 fresh peppers 69p. My tesco shop used to be £110 a week, I now do a £50 aldi shop plus some quorn and frozens elsewhere but I never spend more than £80 a week now.

I do green days, pasta, couscous and rice are all kiddie friendly and cheap. And once you've stocked up on spices they will last ages (49p a jar in aldi).

I love cooking so I'm happy to do it but if you don't try to bulk cook and freeze batches. Sw spinach cannelloni, lasagne etc all freeze really well. My kids love the spinach and cottage cheese cannelloni...I never make enough aoparently lol.

You can do this. I wanted to give up in week two but now 20 months into it I'm so glad I didn't. The first few weeks are the hardest as you adjust but you will find your stride.

On a tight budget farmfoods can be fab £1 for a bag of frozen Veg and 2kilos of chicken mini fillets for £8 or 3 bags of opel loins for a tenner then theres the fish smoked hadock 3 pound a bag and i got some white fish fillets for 1 pound a bag
I love my George Foreman last night i lobbed some mini fillets (cooked from frozen)on it put some Veg in my microwave steamer and got a portion of my mexican Rice (that i bulk Cook and freeze) out and microwaved only took 10 min .
Sometimes my son likes my meals sometimes he trys to be fussy but he gets what hes given as i refuse to Cook different meals for everyone i used to have a fussy hubby too miraculously he now eats what Is put in front of him (i dont think he wants to Cook lol)

cat yoyo greaves said:
On a tight budget farmfoods can be fab £1 for a bag of frozen Veg and 2kilos of chicken mini fillets for £8 or 3 bags of opel loins for a tenner then theres the fish smoked hadock 3 pound a bag and i got some white fish fillets for 1 pound a bag
I love my George Foreman last night i lobbed some mini fillets (cooked from frozen)on it put some Veg in my microwave steamer and got a portion of my mexican Rice (that i bulk Cook and freeze) out and microwaved only took 10 min .
Sometimes my son likes my meals sometimes he trys to be fussy but he gets what hes given as i refuse to Cook different meals for everyone i used to have a fussy hubby too miraculously he now eats what Is put in front of him (i dont think he wants to Cook lol)

Oh and Aldi Is my fresh food saviour too meat cheese fat Free nat yog

Hi there.
Don't give up!
We are hear to help you with great idea's and recipes, there are hundreds of them on this forum.
Just sit down & make out a weekly menu sheet, this keeps the cost down as you know what to buy etc.
Use Aldi & Lidl as cheaper suppliers, go on the comparison websites for supermarkets to keep up to date for special offers, I buy baked beans in bulk £1-00 for 4 tins, chopped tomatoes £3-00 for 12 tins.
When I started SW I couldn't/wouldn't cook but my wife said to me that as I kept on trying to change her food recipes I could take over the cooking! Ideas like slow cookers are great to spread the time spent cooking as you can prepare first thing in the morning & forget....
I prepare our meals first thing in the morning (sometimes at 6-00am) especially curries, cook them as I get my breakfast etc. turn off before going out then reheating at dinner time, it also tastes better....
I find the internet great for recipe ideas to suit what I have in the house, it's surprising what recipes you can create!
Easy ones are chips, speg.bol., soups, beans on toast & cheap.
Good luck!
Pete

Back