Ready to roll!

krupskaya

Gold Member
I've been getting bored lately eating the same old food...But I've bought a slow cooker (from Asda - £7) and a book of vegetarian slow cooker recipes and am trying three of them this week. So excited! I'm having Moroccan style quorn with sweet potatoes and chick peas, lentil dahl and veggie stew. I'm hoping adding a bit more variety will spice things up for me - hurrah!

I was reading on the slow cooker recipe section yesterday and i went straight to my cupboard and got out a new slow cooker that i have never used before and now i have a joint of beef cooking away in the kitchen:D.x

Bet it will taste delicious Surreygal. It's supposed to make meat really tender.

I like the sound of your veggie stew.It's exciting isnt it.I feel like a kid with a new toy:D.

Slow cookers are great, I need to get mine out and use it more. Quite often one of my worse times is when I come in from work hungry but its good to come home and the house smells so yummy when you walk in and all you have to do is dish up.
I haven't tried meat in it yet but I heard too that its really nice and tender.

Thats made me want to get mine out now as it tends to go away in the summer. Your menu sounds really lovely.

my hubby threw mine away because "HE" doesnt like it :mad: But for £7 i think that i will be purchasing a new one from Asda. ;)

Sorry to sound thick, but how long do you generally cook things for in a slow cooker?

How slow is it? 2 hours? longer?

Just wondering if getting this would be a good idea, or impractical as I have very little time at home :confused:

Thats one of the reasons I love the cold weather - coming in from work and the smell of a casserole in the slow cooker - yummy!!!! x

Mine has 3 settings, if I have it on low, I can put it on when I leave for work about 7am and come home at 5pm and its ready so its on all day really, I suppose if its on high it may take about half that time.

Hi Zoe, I popped into Asda today too to pick one of these up. Am mulling over recipe books now on Amazon...
Which book did you get? I prefer veggies to meat so am interested in a good veggie slow-cook book. One with pictures for each recipe, otherwise the recipes never appeal! I'm such a big kid :)

I lurvvvvvvvvvvve my slow cooker, wouldn't be without it. Your meal sounds yum :)

Hi Zoe, I popped into Asda today too to pick one of these up. Am mulling over recipe books now on Amazon...
Which book did you get? I prefer veggies to meat so am interested in a good veggie slow-cook book. One with pictures for each recipe, otherwise the recipes never appeal! I'm such a big kid :)

The one I bought is 'Slow Cooking for Vegetarians' by Annette Yates (from Amazon). It's good but alas - no pictures!:sigh:

Oh, I have to have pictures as well. No imagination me -lol

thats funny my mum was just telling me to buy a slow cooker and I came on here and here you are talking about them! psychic. is the asda one good as I've got a gift voucher for argos I could use to get one also.

I tired to get the Asda one for £7 on Sunday and they had none :( I wanted 2, cos i am Veggie, so would be doing a veggie option and a meat option. but alas i was denied :( will try again see if more have come in.

Back