REAL chocolate cake (roulade) (pic)

Hazykay

Silver Member
This is one of my favourites and instead of sugar which is in the original recipe, I have substitued it for sweetener. The whole cake is 11 syns.

Pre-heat the oven to gas 5, 350°F, 180°C.
Shallow baking tin, 9 x 13 in and ½ inch deep, sprayed with fry light, and lined with baking parchment - to stand 1 inch over the tin.

2 oz (50 g) cocoa powder, sifted
6 large eggs separated
6 tblsp sweetner
½ teasp vanilla extract
1 tbsp icing sugar for dusting

15619-albums1104-picture6271.jpg

Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and the vanilla extract on a high speed until the mixture has doubled in volume and is pale in colour - (will take about 10 minutes.)
Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Then, using a large metal spoon, fold one third of the egg whites into the egg mixture and then fold in the rest and finally the cocoa powder (8 syns). Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 mins. Leave to cool in the tin.
When cold, turn out on to a sheet of baking parchment (slightly larger than the roulade), which has been dusted with the icing sugar (3 syns).
Fill with quark & sweetner and fresh raspberries or mix nutella with quark but remember to syn it.

This is amazing & so light, and looks good for a dinner party.

Last edited:
Oooh! That looks delish! Might try baking that with my mum when I go home for Easter next week! :D .. she said she wanted to do SW with me.. so this ought to ease her in :p lol! Thanks for the Recipe! :)

I think I will try this as well. Looks lovely!

I'm going to try this with chocolate and black cherries. So it's like black forest. Does any one know the syns of tined black cherry pie filler?

I'm going to try this :) sounds nice pity I can't see the pick though :)

Back