Realisation

Ellebear you rock! You have been soo lovely to me all week, and you don't even know me! Thank you SOO much, and for all the inbox messages the other day. Everyone on here is so lovely and friendly! Such a shame it's not like a face-to-face support group :( xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dont mention it babes - happy to help where i can :) xxx

Are there any social groups you could get involved with local to you? i wonder if a google search would help you find something you can get involved with?!? xxx

I'm new on here but just wanted to say that this twit certainly doesn't deserve you. He's just wanting the best of both worlds and idiot's like him usually come unstuck at some time.

Hope you're feeling better than a few days ago and remember, there is nothing wrong with you x It's amazing how men like him can make us super nice women feel like yuck xxx

Ellebear said:
Dont mention it babes - happy to help where i can :) xxx

Are there any social groups you could get involved with local to you? i wonder if a google search would help you find something you can get involved with?!? xxx

There are lots of social groups that I 'could' get involved with but due to the stupid shift pattern I can't! Going to go back to college in september, just one day a week-and it's been enuf of a chore to get work to agree to that! I spoke to my area manager about it and he said no so I told him that he was being incredible unfair as every other member of staff is doing an NvQ, but because I've already done level 2 in Customer service I'm not allowed to do it. The company who subcontract to us have said I'm not allowed to do level 3 as I'm not a supervisor-despite having over 12 years of management experience, so I told him that by refusing to accommodate my request they are hindering my personal development!!! He soon changed his mind!!! Hopefully I'll meet some new people that way..will see xx

Well it's amazing the difference 2 weeks can make to an outlook on life! I had a message from a guy on PoF who I chatted to for a bit an he asked if he could take me out! I eventually agreed and last wednesday went out on a date with him! We had a fantastic night, and talked none stop for over 7 hours! We've been texting since, and he rang me the other night, but to be honest-even if nothing comes of it, he's helped part way to restoring my faith in men and life in general! He was lovely and just so nice and considerate and treated me like I know i deserve to be treated :)

Yay, another PoF positive story. I met my OH on there, and so far things are bubbling along ok, the odd blip, but otherwise great.

So glad you feel much better, bet it was a great confidence boost for you!

Tinytootz said:
Yay, another PoF positive story. I met my OH on there, and so far things are bubbling along ok, the odd blip, but otherwise great.

So glad you feel much better, bet it was a great confidence boost for you!

It was an amazing confidence boost-especially when i met him in person! He is gorgeous! He is an ex marine aswell so super fit! He was keen to meet up again, but we haven't made any concrete plans with him being back at work and then his army training thing-but I'm guessing the fact he is still contacting me is a good thing :)
My mother always drummed into us-expect nothing, then anything is a bonus x

what's PoF??
Im a silly girly! x

I see, thanks
Good to see your feeling better. Really understand what it's like, I'm a shy girl who needs some new friends! Been let down in the past, so dont try anymore x x

Still not met up with sexy mr marine since, even tho we'd originally said we'd like to meet again, but he's been in contact every day :) and is now away on TA training camp til next Friday! We chat on IM every night and the other night he actually asked if we were gonna go out again when he gets back! I didn't hesitate! So far, he has been amazing! He is really supportive of my running and weightloss, and is always telling me how proud he is :) I'm so excited about seeing him again-I'm just smiling all the time :D x

Leapfrog said:
I've just found this thread and am sooo pleased for you Welshtigger. For anyone who's hesitant about trying Internet dating, it rocks. I "bought" my OH online ;) . We both say it's amazing what you can find on the internet :D

Eeek! Just had a lovely surprise phonecall-albeit a wake up! But I sure as hell don't mind being woken up by him :) altho would rather it be in person than on the phone lol!
He was telling me all about his week so far on camp and said that he's looking forward to taking me out for a nice run when he gets back, and then he'll take me out for dinner and drinks! I mean-what more could a girl want! He told me again tonight, that I was the only message he'd replied to on POF and altho he's had other messages he's not interested! :) I'm grinning from ear to ear :D :D

Aww thats ace, and what a lovely turnaround to your situation! Im sure you dont need telling to let us know how your next date goes, but please do!

MadameLaMinx said:
Aww thats ace, and what a lovely turnaround to your situation! Im sure you dont need telling to let us know how your next date goes, but please do!

Of course I will :)

Welshtigger said:
Of course I will :)

Eeeek! He's home from camp tomorrow and has said he wants to see me when he gets back to base to pick up his car-as it's down the road from my house-before he heads off home, which is another 20 miles away :D xx

Go for it girlie. I'm excited for you. He sounds lovely. Hope it goes well. :eek:)

Yey!!! He's just txt to say they've packed the car and are on the way :D xx

I'm on the train to work and grinning stupidly with excitement for you!! Have a fab time ;)

Back